1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks DearSD 43cm Discussion Part 2

Jul 28, 2017

1. Another question that came to my mind; is there any other way to purchase DearSD hand option parts other than in the aftermarket? And it seems like there's currently only one kind of hand design available?

2. @Ayanami, as far as I know, there are no option parts for the Dear SD, and they have just the one hand type.

Interestingly, the Dear SD hands are put together the same way as SD16 and SD17. It's a One-Touch System with the string and bead connecting to the wrist S-hook. I found that out when I removed my doll's hands to more easily redress her in a tight-sleeved outfit, and I also found out that the Dear SD are strung very tightly -- one of the hand connecting-strings broke! :sweat I opted to install a Dollshe S-hook to connect to the regular wrist S-hook, since I had some in my supplies, and they're long, narrow, and sturdy. But you could easily improvise some strong fine cord or string to replace the original string, too.

3. @beamlette That makes sense, I know this system from my SD16. But I'll be very careful when exchanging my DearSDs hands, it would be such a shame should the string snap :sweat

I'm very much looking forward to receiving her, hopefully I'll win the auction!

4. SwD DSD Chiyo is a dream! I wish it was possible to get her without going to Sato, but I'll admire from afar instead :chibi

5. Why is Part 1 of this discussion thread not viewable? When I click on the link, it says that I'm not allowed to view the website:sweat

Oh and do come the DearSDs with their seamlines sanded?

6. @Ayanami It's likely old enough to be entirely archived & locked. Any relevant info that was posted there should be in the Wiki now.

7. I really don’t think the Part 1 thread is all that old and this may be an error. Dear SDs are a fairly recent addition to the Volks line. I have reported this in “Ask the Mods” and we’ll see what they say.;)

ETA: I heard back from the mods and it has indeed been archived already! Mystery solved.

I just checked my Megu from their initial offering and I see no evidence of seam sanding, however her seams are barely noticable even if you look very hard for them.

#168 PoeticSoul, Feb 2, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    8. Does anyone have one of the DearSD Ayas? I've only seen the Volks photos of them

9. Volks just posted a bunch of one-offs for the Atami event on insta, and it includes the first DSD one-offs that I've seen! There's Kira, Una, and Megohime.

10. I'm hoping that Volks will release more tan DearSDs at the LA Dolpa! I'm not able to attend myself, but I'd love to see more of the tan girls around. Perhaps they will even release a new tan model? That would be fantastic!

I recently took photos of my Megu, Lily, in the lovely Antique Girly Style outfit. I think this outfit really suits the DearSD style! :) Lily reminds me of a big version of Bleuette in this outfit.
      [​IMG]

11. #172 Yurikun, Aug 6, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    12. @Yurikun, congratulations! She's quite adorable.

13. Thank you snowgray. I think she is super adorable. I’ve been wanting an Aya for ages when I saw they had her at Nagoya. I just had to enter for her ❤️

14. @Yurikun, heartfelt congratulations!<3 She’s absolutely gorgeous!:) I’ll be looking forward to more photos of her.

15. Congrats on getting Aya @Yurikun
      She's so sweet as DSD and I love that they did the dress purple for her..

16. Really nice sofa. I was looking to buy flower crown chair but I cannot find any....

17. There were a good number of DearSDs at the LA Dolpa last weekend, and I got super lucky and won the girl I was after! :whee:

[​IMG]

My goal for the last few years was to acquire a white DearSD body for my Lieselotte, but now that Megohime is here she's soooooo cute I decided to keep her in her entirety so I'm back to square one. :sigh At least they can share for now?

18. Oooooh, lovely Megohime -- congratulations!!!

Áine Máire got a big sister from this year's LA Dolpa, and promptly stole her wig because CUTE BANGS. Still, I think big sis Mary Ann looks fabulous in little sis's DSD Tiffany wig:

[​IMG]

#180 Cynthia in FlintHills, Sep 16, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 16, 2019