1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dollfie Dream Mini discussion part 1

Apr 4, 2007

1. Actually I've heard that if you wash it in vinegar it holds the hairdye and it won't stain. :) I might do that but I don't really like her wig that much so I was buying a Luts (milk) wig. :D

2. I have heard that too but then I can imagine the wig won't be like new after washing it!

I have been thinking of buying a few Silicone caps myself that go one before you put the wig on. I know the Silicone also helps the wigs stay on well thats a plus!

Here is where I am thinking of ordering from:

http://www.laurebellecouture.com/doll_wig_caps.htm

3. I've ordered from Laurebelle several times. The caps do a good job of keeping the wig from slipping. They can be trimmed to fit. Fast shipping also.

4. Thanks for the input Treelore. I'll invest in the silcone wigcap then. It would be great to hold the wig in place and protect from staining

5. If you haven't had a DD before, be aware that their heads are quite large- my MDD Mayu can share wigs with my CP Chiwoo (head somewhere between 9 and 10 inches) but wigs for my DZ Cherry (8 inch head) won't fit her. So you'll need to be careful that the "SD" sized wig or wig cap you are looking into means a SD 9-10 rather than an SD 8-9. ^_^

6. Would a 8.5-9.5 inch Luts wig fit a MDD? Do LUTS wigs stretch?

7. :D Thank you!

8. I really want the Konomi mdd, too bad I couldn't join the lottey for her. Now I'll probably end up paying hiked up prices on the second hand market if I want her ¬3¬

9. You never know she may end up showing a few months later in the Volks international site. The last 2 MiniDD just showed up there one day no special event.
      Stalk there first

10. It depends on the individual wig- my poor Chiwoo can't wear some wigs he's supposed to be able to fit into. But Chiwoo and Mayu have about the same size head, so assuming Konami is the same size head as Mayu, any wig a Chiwoo can wear, she can wear.

She won't be able to wear most Dream of Teen wigs because they're too small, for one example. (ETA: Or at least, she won't be able to wear Shall's wigs. I've tried. No luck.)

11. Whoah, I didn't even notice that! :o

I wonder if this means the Mini DD isn't very popular though... I think I actually saw Ayu and Mayu selling below retail on Yahoo Japan or something. : / I hope they become welol liked enough for Volks to keep doing them and even add them as a non-limited base body/head line. ^^;

I wonder if it's because they were fairly minor characters from an anime (well, I've never seen the show they are from but they seem not to be main characters), if a more popular/well-liked MDD character doll will sell faster? Or if people just don't want a new size of doll? I think the MDDs are so cute. ^^;

12. Actually I've only seen one Konomi so far belonging to someone: http://f59.aaa.livedoor.jp/~ivesound/doll_photo140.htm
      :) She/He even has a Mayu! But ALOT of people :aheartbea Konomi because of ToHeart2 when Konomi is the main character's childhood "friend" and actually there is a male main character named Takaaki......probably meaning someday people might have a male Dollfie Dream named Takaaki! :) I already have a male DD/Obitsu already though but it would be awesome if he could have a brother! :o O_O Anyways i'm not sure if MDD are that popular that's why alot of people like to put MDD head on a DD2 body! You know i'm gonna do that! :celebrate But due to me buying alot of LUTS outfits for her she may have to stay on the MDD body for a while.... :vein

13. ohhhh!congratulation to anybody who won a Konomi!^________________^
      I just got back from a long time vacation so unfortunately i didn't try for mine...:|

yes I actually have a 8.5-9.5 luts for sale right now and it fit my DDs...So it will i think fit your mDD since they're heads are about the same..

heh...me too..second market..good luck!~;)

14. "yes I actually have a 8.5-9.5 luts for sale right now and it fit my DDs...So it will i think fit your mDD since they're heads are about the same.."

Great! Thanks! And the best of luck to you and aquilla for Konomi in the 2nd Market! :)

15. She is on there now, but I've tried ordering her and it says that

'The items below cannot be shipped overseas!!
      Mini Dollfie Dream Girl, konomi Yuzuhara DDFD-DCC-MDD/LIM003 MiniDollfie Dream Girl, konomi Yuzuhara 1'.

I live in England so it seems I still cannot get her ;_;

16. Sorry to hear that. I didn't see that though they did sell those dolls in the US it may be licensed only for Japan and US.

I hope Volks makes non character specific miniDD

17. Ohhh that sucks, I just tested it and its the same for all the anime character DD Feena, Konomi, Ayu and Mayu... if they can't ship them overseas then... they should only show them on the Japanese site... O_o this is like a torture
      Estel is sould out already! :o

I guess you could check on DOA if someone in Japan would be willing to have it shipped to their address and then send it to you. You'd have to pay the extra shipping from Japan to England plus a little commission fee for their time. Or you could buy it from Crescent shop service but the commission fees will be a bit high. Good luck either way!
      Check ebay first... they might show up there and no comission to pay!

18. Be careful of what you use to hold the eyes in, if it has any kind of coloration, it can stain the vinyl from the inside, or cause greening and discoloration. And don't use clays of any kind, they crack acrylics, and damage the vinyl. :) Just kinda of check on what you are using to hold the eyes in, and if you notice anything bad, try something else.

If this is your first, just remember, this vinyl is a fickle creature--it stains really, really, really easy. I keep my DDs in white dresses when they are not being posed for pics or out at doll meets. Once the stains are there, that's the end of it, they can fade, but they don't come out completely. My friend has a DD that got left in a blue outfit, she now is badly stained in blue, all over the place. O_O Just something first time vinyl owners can forget about.

19. Does Volks Non Hardening Putty hurt the Vinyl? New to Vinyl doll w/ eye changing....*_*

20. Are you talking about the pink rubber erase putty volks sells? I found it not the greatest for holding eyes in dolls