1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dollfie Dream Mini discussion part 1

Apr 4, 2007

1. It shouldn't hurt the vinyl, but it doesn't hold every well in vinyl heads. As the vinyl heads gets warm, the putty just lets loose. O_o;;

And the head caps on the DDs are a PAIN to get off. You have to MOD the head cap by cutting off a small section around the inside of the cap, if you don't, it will be a major pain to get the head cap on and off. You have to use a butter knife or a utensil to pry it off, it is really stuck hard in there. There is a post about how to do this somewhere on DOA. XD I'd have to find it again. I did it to both my DDs.

2. :? umm.....this? http://www.volks.co.jp/images/goods/img1401_0.jpg
      I use it to hold in Kana's eyes...but she's resin.......anyways would this not stain Konomi's head but keep in her eyes? http://i2.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/83/6f/33_1_b.JPG
      It's clear sillicone ear plugs....I have a whole bunch of them but never used them....it seems sticky so would it do the trick? :) I kinda want to change those RED eyes to a cute light pink or something...:)

3. I was thinking of changing the eyes and using the clear silicone putty also.

The pink putty from volks I don't use for holding eyes anymore but use it to pickup excess pastels when doing faceups on resin dolls, at least I found another use for it.

4. LOL! I might change to that clear silicone putty....Kana's eyes keep popping off....and she's scaring me! :lol: I don't think there's a problem with this type of putty so.....i'll use it! :D My DDh01's headcap comes right off whenever I twist it a little....:o I hope Konomi's is easy to take off....but not loose! *_* Will her hot-glue help the eye changing easier? :sweat

5. I don't know for sure about vinal dolls, but the volks hot glue was absolute murder to try remove from my msd Mdori. I ended up just cutting and scraping away most of it so I can get new eyes in and just left the excess in. The excess is kind of cool though as it gives the putty somthing to really hook onto and I've never had a problem with it comming loose.

6. I bought some Mack's Sillicone Putty on Friday! It works EXTREMELY GREAT on Resin Dolls....My Jeong, Kana wore it and even today her eyes are in the same position...(Volks Putty tends to make BJD eyes fall out the head I don't know why...:() I checked to see if it sticks on Vinyl...........and I WAS SURPRISED IT sticked on without budging....I even shook her to see if the putty will come of and it didn't....*poor Michiru....I said sorry slightly after :XD anyways the putty will come off if you put your finger under it and pop it out......but it won't slide around the surface....and it's moldable and it's clear and WATER PROOF! So I reccomend this! :D

7. My favorite method is to use a metal cuticle pusher dipped in hot water. The heat from the metal is enough to loosen the glue but not enough to heat the resin. I'll see how it works with vinyl

I swear by this product too I keep a container in my dolly tool kit

8. Question for those who got their miniDD is it normal for one hand to stick out slightly from the wrist. My konomi's left hand doesn't sit flush to her wrist I'm wondering if I should pull it out and try to see if I can get it to sit flush. From the manual looks like it would pull out.

Decided to name her Miyuki

9. I have noticed the same thing about the wrist. I think it's just how the MDD are made to have that extra range of movement in their arms compared to DD. I remembered seeing a customization of the MDD wrist joint on a japanese doll collector site and found it again for you. The site is in japanese but for some strange reason, my computer cannot display it properly... but the pictures speaks for themselves.

Comparison between MDD and DD

http://f59.aaa.livedoor.jp/~ivesound/doll_photo131.htm

You can see the MDD has a much wider range of mouvements with her arms/hands

http://f59.aaa.livedoor.jp/~ivesound/doll_photo132.htm

You can see here that as you said, the hands stick out slightly from the wrist

Small customization of MDD wrist joint

http://f59.aaa.livedoor.jp/~ivesound/doll_photo138.htm

I wouldn't dare to do that on my own MDD by fear of messing up and loosing some of the arm mouvement range. I kind of got used to it being that way... she can touch her face so that makes up for it!

10. Thanks chibichibiusa. THose photos are quite informative

My dolly's wrist sticks out just a little more than what's seen here:
      http://f59.aaa.livedoor.jp/~ivesound/doll_photo132.htm

Only on the left though. I really do love the range of movement on the wrist i was just scared that the joint sticking slightly out was making it prone to breakage but if it's normal then I feel better.

11. Hi, did anybody that ordered MDD Konomi (Jeong, AreeElf) have problem with her wig being too big for her? My wig is definitely too big and as a result the bangs cover all her face.
      If I want her eyes to show, I need to let it "float" on top of the head without pushing it down, but it keeps falling off that way...

Please can you look at my photos and let me know if your Konomi wig is like this too, or if it's just mine that is like that?

[​IMG]

back view you to show it's properly put on from the back
      http://www.cyberquebec.ca/bilodeauju/wig/wig2.JPG
      The wig cap goes down very low on the forehead, it looks 1 size too big to me
      http://www.cyberquebec.ca/bilodeauju/wig/wig3.JPG
      side view
      http://www.cyberquebec.ca/bilodeauju/wig/wig4.JPG

That really bothers me.. please if you have a Konomi, can you tell me how is your wig?

12. As for her arms sticking out- try pushing back on the hand hard, because some of the extra slack may be caused by her arm loosening in play/shipping. Get used to pushing her body parts back into place- Vanessa (MDD Mayu) pops limbs out of joint all the time. Just give them a gentle shove backwards towards her body.

One of her arms even popped off at a convention, you should have seen me freak when I realized it was gone! (Fortunately found it in the panel room for the panel we'd been sitting in on.)

However, there will be a "Gap" between her skeleton and her fleshy vinyl parts- for some reason, the skeletons on the MDD are longer than their vinyl bits, especially obvious on their legs. (At least on my Mayu it is.)

----
      With Komani's wig: Make her a felt wig-cap using the SD wig pattern found on the Undead Threads webpage (You can google it.) I've done this to make my Chiwoo's wigs (size 9-10) fit on my Dollzone girl (wig size 8 ). It will still look overall too big, but it'll give kind of a cushion barrier so it's not all over her face.

EDITED because my doll wears a wig size 8, not a wig size Harry Potter.

13. Your's has longer hair anyways though...maybe a slight trim? :) Mines is fine just really short so Michiru wears it! Yukino should be able to wear it she'll be so cute as Yumi's big sister! :D Also mines has to be pulled down to her the bottom of the neck from the back to look proper....wierd though! :sweat

14. chibichibiusa I do think the wig is big on Konomi but I didn't have that problem so much because the first thing I did was put a silicone wig cap on her to prevent staining. It keeps her wig sitting correctly on her head unfortunately don't have pictures.

I did take a photo of her in Candy wig from Dolpa Osaka 4 I got through Jaeninha it's a bit big on her too but again the silicone wigcap grips the wig so it sits right but it has some bunching in the back of her head

[​IMG]

I think she has a smaller head than the recommended DD wigs, lol. Decided to name her Miyuki

15. Oh your Miyuki so cute like that! Yuzuyu is wearing a different wig right now too. And you are right, I compared her head with my other DDs and its smaller! Mmmm I wonder why Volks did that but didn't change the wig size :roll: ... I think just to make my point to Volks, I'll email them about it just to see what reply they come up with. I'm not expecting anything much from them though. The wig cap idea is good because this wig would definitely stain with the black headcap inside. What size of wigcap do you use for your Miyuki? 8? I need to order some of those!

16. Thanks chibichibusa

I got the size 7/8 one from denverdoll. Volks can be funny with headsizes my F13 gets swallowed up in her FCS wig until I put a wigcap on her too. Same bang problem as your Yuzuyu

17. yay! If I feel I need a 3rd body.... I'll wait till they are release instead of buying one for too much $$$

=)

18. Was wondering if anyone else has aproblem with their miniDD being top heavy for posing?

Also they seem to be planing to sell miniDdD option body and chests in Dolpa 18 for those who don't know yet.

19. Ooooh, wow! So they won't be limited to being... well, limited, anymore?!

That's great to hear! I LOVE Mini DDs!

20. I am so going for MDD Candy. I'm pining over this doll, I really hope Santa thinks I've been good this year and leaves lots of little green pieces of paper under the tree for me, hehehe! ;3

And great, now I'm thinking up ideas for lots of little MDD buddies for her! :doh

I'm DD obsessed!! *_*