1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dollfie Dream Mini discussion part 1

Apr 4, 2007

1. @Tolgy Sorry for the late reply, I just saw your note today ^^;; Happily I didn't use any tape: I was actually able to very carefully push the head down more firmly on the neck peg and I have not had any problems since then. I didn't think about tape collecting dirt :U Thank you for letting me know~

2. @Muhtooz, I was sure that that was the cause. Glad that with your girl everything fine now!

3. Okay everyone... I’m finally on board and have my first Volks Dollfie Dream head in route!!! I want to make a Mini Dollfie Dream out of her (DDH06) and needs some help. Can anyone tell me what sizes to look for when clothing shopping and shoes. I still need to acquire a body, but I figured that will happen sooner enough, but I would love to have clothes ready to go LOL

Thank you in advance ❤️❤️❤️

4. @Mortifox I always go for clothes marked to fit MDD myself, but you can look up the measurements and many MSD clothes fit them too. Here a reference:
      [​IMG]

5. They also have a dollfie dream pretty body out now witch is between MDD and DDS size.

6. Welllllllll, I sort of already purchased an MDD outfits and began shopping for her LOL so, I'll be going standard when I do pick up a body.

7. This month my husband and I went to Japan for our vacation and weak as I am I couldn't resist getting a girl there directly. We've been to Dollpoint Akihabara and there was this cute DCH17 D'coord girl in tan skin I just needed to bring home.
      I named her Daki and styled her more after my tastes:

[​IMG]

(Photo from my twitter: Lilien des Ruins [formerly known as Sayos Box] (@ruin_lilien) | Twitter )

8. I wonna one mdd, ddh-01 or ddh-10, and do my custom. But it's so hard to buy them, bc sold out everyone.

9. What size eyes do the MDDs take?

10. @writerm depends on the head sculpt but unmodded DDH-01 and DDH-10 take 22mm while ones with eye widening mods you may prefer with 24mm eyes.

11. Okay I'm livening up this thread with some image spam of my MDDs~ I'll post them all in the order I got them! (I even have one more on the way but shhh)

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I just can't seem to get enough of how cute MDDs are! Perfectly customizable and SO many clothing options.

12. @Kotone They are all so cute! And such distinct characters! I especially like your blue-haired witch girl, she's adorable~ :aheartbeaAre they all the DDH-01 / 12 / 13 sculpt family?

13. @RiverR Thank you so much!! My little witch is also one of my favorites (don't tell the others). In order, the head sculpts are 01, 01, 12, Dollce A (not Volks though I figured it would be worth sharing since she's on the MDD body and in a post will all other Volks sculpts), 10, and 01 again.
      To be honest the visual difference between my modded 01s and 10 isn't huge but for some reason modding the 10 head took a lot longer. I think there was just more vinyl to get through in the cheek area?

14. @Kotone your custom girls are adooorable, I think I saw 10th on instagram while searching for DDH-10 customs because I just received my first DD ever, meet Hina-chan ; w ;

[​IMG]
      my new girl ♥ by T e s l a, on Flickr

I'm waiting on my sandpaper assortment parcel so I can remove her lips and start paiting more anime styled face-up then she still needs her cinnamon gold wig and apricot eyes from Volks, I really hope stuff arrives asap because I can't wait to put everything together and bring my chicken girl to life :>

15. @Lera Oh I didn't realize your girl was an MDD at first, she looks so mature! I'm curious how she'll look with the anime face up :XD:

@Kotone So many cuties, my favorite is the tan one, she has such a unique look :love Volks DD tan skin is so beautiful, I love my girl even more for it~

Today I finally completed my newest MDD girl Daki, with new horns and clothes :whee: The horns weren't for her in the first place, but they fit her so well so she kept them haha

[​IMG]
      Picture from my twitter: Lilien des Ruins [formerly known as Sayos Box] (@ruin_lilien) | Twitter

16. @Kitsune88 she looks so cool with these Horns, what head is she?

and that's what I want to get rid of in DDH-10 head because I need a cute loli XD
      But I already modded her lips and did a quick test face-up with different anime mouths, but I'll have to change the eyeliner to something thinner next time, maybe I should also wait for my volks order first because it will be easier to paint her when she has her eyes and wig instead of having these temporary looks D:

although I took another pic in the morning
      girl will never be the same again :')

[​IMG]
      Hina
      by T e s l a, on Flickr

17. @Lera Thanks, my girl is a DCH 17, I think she was released a little over a month ago.

I like that look on your girl too, she looks very cute though not really chibi. With that sanded mouth and less eyeliner she'll definitely be more childlike :3nodding:

18. @Kitsune88 thank you so much! Truth be told the incoming girl is also in tan~ I’m trying to figure out her style but so far I think she’s a demon/dragon sort of thing (with head wings like Morrigan Aensland) and none of my dolls wear street fashion so I kind of want to try that route with her.
      Please show more of Daki, she’s just the cutest!

@Lera you girl is already so cute, but I can’t wait to see her after some modding!

#638 Kotone, Sep 23, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    19. @Kotone Wow, I never would have guessed that a Dollce head and 10 were mixed in (even though I have a 10 myself :doh)! 10s really do have chubby cheeks, don't they? And I went to look at Dollce's sculpts just now and I think I'm in love :aheartbea No, no, I must finish my 10 girl first. . . . XD

@Kitsune88 Daki is adorable!

@Lera Your 10 girl is so cute! Looking forward to seeing her in her final look~

20. @Kitsune88 I feel like I'm only seeing DDH 01, 10 and Liliru these days so your girl is something special to me *д *

@Kotone , @RiverR there we go! Don't mind her temporary wig and blue eyes, I'm still waiting for my Volks order q_q That's the look I planned for her, I drew that pic before I planned to release this character in MDD so her body is not as tall

[​IMG]

Painting dollfie dream was such a challenge, I spent the whole day because this is so different from normal bjd faces D: Had to be really careful with lines because vinyl absorbed acrylic paint so quickly I had to rub with wet magic sponge all the time to erase and try again which is really bad for MSC layers so I had to seal her so many times ; o ; Originally I planned her like in that look link pic with fang smile but I painted teeth line too thick and her mouth expression was weird so I had to fix it with adding brown line on top and removing the fang, I think I'll try sculpting it in the future for 3D mouth :c Idk if brows will look better with golden wig because they really stand out at the moment. I also expected to draw thin eyeliner-eyelashes but kept fixing lines and ended up with really thick one and then added a shade of her future wig colour as some dd face-up artists do, it looks pretty nice tbh! I already see what I'll do in my next face-up for this chicken girl, but for now I'm quite satisfied with my first DD painting experience, I'm used to do blushing first and details in the end but here it was other way round and drawing those eyelashes imitating lines wasn't easy at all XD