1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dollfie Dream Mini discussion part 1

Apr 4, 2007

1. @Lera What a cutie! :aheartbea She has a very distinctive look, especially with the strongly-colored brows and eyelashes, they look very nice. I bet it will look amazing with her wig when it arrives! And I love her little freckles and her big happy smile too.

I also enjoyed reading about your experiences painting her. I want to start doing faceups too, so far I've only done resin and I've heard that vinyl is very different. . . it's helpful to hear your insights!

2. @RiverR thank you! I'm glad you liked her and that my experience was interesting to read. For me it was a big dream so start working with dollfiedreams and I can say that it's very rewarding to see how it turns out because BJDs gave me different feeling^^

3. meet upgraded Hina, it took me ages to give her new face-up but it's still not as perfect as I wanted it to be :<
      I really like her eyebrows and eyelashes/eyeliner because they finally fit her Volks wig and eyes, but her mouth was supposed to be completely different although in the future I still want to try making 3D mouth myself but that requires some equipment and skills xd

she's a cute chick anyway ; v ;
      [​IMG]

4. @Lera oh my gosh she's so cute! I love her! Especially the shape of her eyebrows and the color combo of her eyes and hair! :D

5. @Lera Hina is even more adorable now! Her current look is super cute, though I'm sure a 3D sculpted mouth would also look amazing. Hina sure looks happy surrounded by chicks, she fits right in~

6. Hi all!

Is there an easy way to tell which version of the MDD is which? I just picked one up through Mandarake and will likely need to pick up spare parts to repair some spots.

7. Hi! I will have my first DH10 head and I would like to know what eye size you use? I have been told that they are a bit small?

8. @xibita I don't have a DDH-10 myself, but I'd say 22mm would go best. 24mm are usually for really big-eyed sculpts like DDH-06 and modded 01 heads.

I've wanted to share my newest girl Aki - she's a modded DDH-01 which I got from yahoo auctions, I love her crooked face <3
      [​IMG]
      (Picture is from my twitter Lilien des Ruins (@ruin_lilien) | Twitter )

9. I just recently got my first MDD and I'm already wanting another. I just love her size, how light she is, and how well she poses. Her name is Lavender Grey.

[​IMG]81024012_1363424223831006_6428163524836458496_n by the.linea.alba, on Flickr

So in pondering my next MDD...

What heads do you feel work best for the MDD body? I know their heads are a bit on the larger size anyway proportionally, but I feel some look better than others.

10. Hello! I just ordered my first MDD, a Liliru. (I have two SDs, and various resin dolls.) I'm looking forward to posting pix of her here. I've ordered her with one outfit, so she'll have something to wear, but she may have to wear some oversized Dollmore sneakers until I get some shoes ordered for her.

11. Why is DDH-10 head sold 1 time for 1 person?
      But sleep DDH-10 flesh can be order 5 times

12. Hi. I'm new to the vinyl scene and have been eyeing the tan MDD for the longest time. After some research and horrors of staining, im kind of afraid to dive in. Would anyone mind sharing how easy vinyl stains and what do you do to keep from losing the aesthetics with lining undergarments. I had help through the FB group :3nodding:

#652 lucidling, Feb 8, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    13. I'm just going to stalk this thread for an eternity until I finally get a body for my MDD head. The cute is difficult to handle!

14. So I ended up entering the lottery for Arle after I told myself 'no' for days. Let's see how it goes. Anyone else entered for her?

15. I went ahead and bought a secondhand MDD body for my floating DD head early this week, then immediately turned around and grabbed a second MDD off of Mandarake (a tan fullset Dream Choice)… Like seriously I should let one get home before acquiring a damn horde!

Floating head is a DDH-01, Dream Choice is a...DC-H-13? DDH-01 was meant to be my Animal Crossing mayor/island exile, but the DC doll is just so damn cute that I think she's usurped the position of "favorite". I can't wait for them to arrive so I can post pictures! I've been making eyes like crazy to pass the time.

16. [​IMG]

Okay she's here and I love her D:

17. My Liliru is here! I've decided to call her Lily, to keep it simple (plus, I like the name). Here's a pic of her in an inexpensive skating outfit I got from Amazon. It's made for 14-inch play dolls, so the skirt is a bit short, but I'll get some white legging to go underneath (it came with some, but they are too tight).

[​IMG]

18. Arle arrived earlier this month!
      First time trying to buy from the official site, and were surprised that so many ppl were waiting together and the site is hard to connect *lol*
      but... SHE IS SUPER ADORABLE!!!
      worth to stay wake early and try to buy her! :D

The outfit was belong to Alice (another MDD I assembled my own), and it fits Arle!
      We are just calling her Arle, I think her original name is cute!
      [​IMG]

19. I won Arle from the VolksUSA lottery. She's so cute, and a suprise win for me.

20. I really love her perfect smile