1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dollfie Dream Mini discussion part 1

Apr 4, 2007

1. Took me forever but I can finally show new version of Hina here :')
      It was a long process of buying various yellow eyes and wigs, modding her mouth and sculpting insides, painting her wings, trying different combinations of outfits and searching for extra hands, I bet it's only the beginning and now when she finally looks like something I imagined in my head I will have even more fun taking pictures of her during these 3 months quarantine, stay tuned xd

[​IMG]

Meanwhile Arle was re-released and I would definitely like to buy her as my second mdd, but my chicken girl still needs quite a lot of money invested so I don't want to drop this project and focus on another girl but would still love to get her in the future ; w ;

2. So I've been interested in getting a ddh01 mdd doll recently. The only problem is that I go on Yahoo auctions and see the price of one of these dolls for over $1000 and more. There was one i wanted and it sold for over $5000! Is that generally the price for one of these dolls? I'm just curious.

3. those are very overpriced due to some unique customizations but usually they should be less than 400-800$, the cheapest would be to buy clean head/doll and commission someone to paint/mod it for you :')

meanwhile I took more pics of Hina ♥
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. This is my MDD Aiko!

Aiko ☺️
      I blush her fully to keep her nice and sealed and stain free!
      Pls definitely give me tips for having images here

5. Ah commissioning someone would make more sense! I still cant believe that one doll sold over $5,000. Your doll is such a cutie! I see alot of dolls with tongue sticking out or fangs. I'm assuming those MDD dolls were customized to get that look as well?

6. Your girl is adorable! I love her faceup.

Since you are using Flickr, what you need to do is click the "share" icon (the arrow), then use the "BBCode" option, choose your size, then copy and paste the link into the body of your post here.

[​IMG]IMG_3352 by MichelleAK, on Flickr

8. I was thinking of commissioning myself at first, because most of the dolls on sale had very simple face-ups and as you can see my girl got stuff like freckles and thick eyebrows, but I'm glad I decided to try customizing myself, it was a lot of fun!
      Yeah some prices are honestly crazy, I would probably never pay more than 1k for a doll D:
      For things like fang and tongue people go with 3D mouth customization, in my case I had to sand original lips off, then create a hole with dremel and sculpt inside mouth using polymer clay. I wish there would be some proper tutorials how to do this but I'm still happy with how my first custom DD turned out, saved me a lot of money :')

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Has anyone seen Dollfie dreams with alpaca Wigs? My minifee has gotten hers (she hasn’t arrived but her wig has) and so I have ordered lots of fibers to make wigs for Aiko and the others. I’m very curious if anyone has seen or contemplated getting their DD an alpaca wig

10. @Lera Your girl is just so gosh darn cute, and your pictures are lovely. I've also thought about doing my own custom MDD.

11. @Lera Wow!! I really love your custom! I've already bought my first head for a MDD otherwise I would have commission you one. Do you take commission??
      I'm curious as well to see MDD with alpaca wig..can anyone tell me why MDD don't have alpaca wig?? I can't find any picture (sorry I'm new to Dollfie Dream..I just bought my first head)

12. Thank you so much and I'm glad you like her! I think you should try because blank heads are not that expensive and for me it was some new experience which was honestly fun ; з ;

Unfortunately I only take normal BJD face-up commissions because what you see on Hina right now is probably my first proper DD make-up and I need more experience to start painting for someone else D:

Which head did you get? I'm currently dreaming about new DWC-01 that looks almost like Arle without her smile which is perfect because I would love to make another 3D mouth and that would save me a lot of money because Arle is still so damn expensive :/

[​IMG]

Meanwhile Hina is just chilling next to my monitor like this among her chicken friends xd
      [​IMG]

P.S. I've never really seen any DD wearing mohair but probably because those wigs are to create realistic hair looks which doesn't work for anime dolls and I'm more into idea of Sio2 dolls having plastic hair instead so they look like anime figures

13. my girl is getting an grade 1 suri alpaca wig, as soon as her fiber gets out of Poland. She looks super cute with yarn weft wigs and also craft grade alpaca. Imo it heightens the look of the doll so we will see how she looks :D

for reasons why, I just dont think it occurs to people to do it. I am now only doing it after recieving my minifees wig.

[​IMG]second wig by Amanda Greenway, on Flickr

^ her wig i made for practice

[​IMG]Zerga Fibers by Amanda Greenway, on Flickr

^ her fibers

#674 ethlynn, Apr 27, 2020
      Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    14. I got a customised Dollce head type -A...I was also thinking to buy a miyau SP...but shipping at the moment is not working properly..so I think I'll wait untill things are better. they also have a act style wig that I'm really curious about :love
      I understand now why they don't use alpaca..and ai think you're right :thumbup

15. Oh Dollce A head is super cute * д * when are you getting her?
      Yeah, when I couldn't find proper yellow wig for Hina I was thinking of making alpaca myself but it just doesn't work with her style :/

16. Is Hina’s a soy fiber wig? I didn’t know u made it! Looks rlly nice :XD:

Aiko is quite outside of the anime realm as far as style goes so she pretty much rocks anything she wants to.

17. Nope Hina's wig is just normal and I bought it second hand :ablink:
      I used to make alpaca wigs for my BJDs and I could make one for her but it just doesn't work because she is so anime haha
      Yeah your girl is very different it's hard to tell that Aiko and Hina are both DDH-10 :XD:

18. here she is with her new suri alpaca wig!
      fibers by Zerga Studio
      [​IMG]Aiko by Amanda Greenway, on Flickr

19. Just a general question. How do you get over the fear of stains on vinyl dolls? I really want to get a Liliru but my fear of having her become "ruined" from staining keeps me at bay. Is it just keep them in light clothing or is there some other kind of trick to keep them unstained?