1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dollfie Dream Mini discussion part 1

Apr 4, 2007

1. Several people have told me this does not work for them, but it has always worked perfectly for me so I will throw this out there. I coat mine in several layers of Mister Super Clear (UV Flat) and she will now stain others around her before herself lol. I’ve heard others say it flakes or cracks, but I have had no such problems with mine. I do remove it every so often and the dirt comes off with it. Something to consider.

2. omg! i really like this new body style! the chubby legs are so cute. it’ll be interesting to see what clothes fit and what doesn’t. i’m interested to see the body without clothes, as well as seeing a direct comparison with the regular mdd.

3. I've just seen the new body and it looks so cute! :D It's like a vinyl version of their DearSD bodies, I'm really interested in seeing more photos and maybe some comparison shots.

4. I saw that Japanese blog post but it looks like there may be new standard heads too? Can anyone tell if that's true?

5. @Cloud i think in the video they said that more heads designed to suit the mochi-ashi body will be released. that combined with the pictures of new heads on the blog post is a pretty good indicator that there are some in the works. my guess is that they will be released for dream choice first.

6. Here is a photo of two of my MDDs, Nagi and Anzu, both the DDH01.
      [​IMG]
      You did great work with Hina so your DDWC01 with modded mouth should be a fine Arleish ^^

7. Hello! :)

I'm considering to buy a Mini Dollfie Dream (I've been focusing on resin bjds) and I'm exploring sculpts.
      I've seen amazing customs for the DDH01 with "painted" mouths, but in the Volks site it looks like a mouth is sculpted. Are they different or the ones with the painted mouths are mods?

I hope you can help me to answer this newbie question. :sweat

8. For DDh01 you just sand the sculpted mouth off, mod it

9. Thank you!!!!

10. My girl was cheaper because of stains and since the price was lower but you are still able to remove them I didn't mind buying, still need to get volks rescue cream but honestly I can barely see them and they dont bother me. I accept stains as a part of DD routine because they can still appear even if you are extra careful. Spraying vinyl with MSC would help but I sometimes squeeze parts while dressing and that would cause flaking and become a massive waste because you need a lot to spray the whole body :/

I'm absolutely in love with new body and can't wait to buy one for DWC-01 which will be my next MDD! It reminds of of puyoodoll kumako so I'm glad volks made something similar and I can get a friend for my Hina :')

Thank you! Here is a new pic of her final look, I'm glad I could find same colour wig but longer even though it took almost 2 months to arrive because of the pandemic and then her perfect pair of eyes from B.A.F studio which are not too yellow nor too orange and got no pupils, I was so obsessed with this design and finally found something similar to this, they also took a while to be made but honestly it was sooo worth waiting because look at this chicken girl, I'm so happy I finally finished working on her ♥

[​IMG]

11. @Lera Your Hina's look is so cute, especially her freckles <3 Her eyes remind me of Rise's default eyes.

Luckily my girl Daki came home today. She was gone since February and I'm so happy to have her back. The face up was done by naninunekomiya and I love her work <3

[​IMG]
      (The picture is from my twitter https://twitter.com/ruin_lilien )

12. Thank you ♥ I really like Daki's new face-up, was definitely worth the wait I also wanted to draw shy spots but had to choose only one thing because idea of freckles on her nose and shy spots on cheeks at the same time didn't go too well :C

Meanwhile I managed to make this chicken dress on my last day before going back to work, wish I was more doll productive within those 3 months of lockdown xd

[​IMG]

New Mochi-ashi legs are kinda dissapointing btw, they only made new legs+feet+hands, rest is from normal MDD body and transition from torso to hips is just weird :/
      But I liked these new heads they showed, DDH-19 is especially cute ; w ;

[​IMG]

13. I know! I was hoping for a complete different body and when I saw the nude doll I was dissapointed. :(

14. @Lera I swear everytime I see your girl she makes me smile.

Also, where are there pictures of the nude mochi-ashi body?

15. might not even get one tbh :( I'm planning my second MDD purchase directly from Volks store in Japan next spring so we'll see what will be there for sale

thank you, I'm so happy to hear this! ♥
      meanwhile I managed to make another chicken dress but this one took me 3 days and this is the hardest one I've ever made since I'm rather new to doll sewing but I'm very happy how it turned out, I was using DollsPatterns etsy tutorial if anyone is interested :')

[​IMG]

as for mochi-ashi legs you can see them here

#696 Lera, Jul 23, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    16. @Lera Both of the dresses you made for Hina are so cute, and came out really well. I'm far to lazy to sew for my dolls, although I have a degree in fashion design. *cough*laughs*cough*

And, thanks for the link. I agree, nude the legs looks weird, but completely clothed it could work for a Kanna from Dragon Maid MDD I've been thinking about.

17. I finally received my first mini dollfie dream :) a Mayu Tamano. Here's the box opening thread.

18. Sorry if this has been discussed before, but for those of you who own volks MSD clothes, how well would you say they fit your MDD dolls? I know Volks almost always labels mini dresses as fitting both MDDs and MSDs, but I also know Volks tends to have a pretty loose definition of what clothes “fit” a doll :sweat Looking at the doll’s measurements I can tell MSD dolls are a little bigger but it’s hard to picture if the outfits would be loose in a barely noticeable or clearly noticeable way.

19. I'm currently thinking about adding a Dollfie Dream to the family in the far future. I can't for the life of me decide regarding the size though. They'll probably either be a Mochi-Ashi MDD or a regular DD or DDS. I already own a DDH-10 (blank currently) so I'm familiar with the MDD body and I think it lends itself to cuteness overload. However I figured maybe a DD(S) with an S or XS chest might give me the same vibe, just on a taller scale. It's so hard to decide.

Are there MDD owners here who also own taller sizes and have them dressed up all cute and dandy? Do you find there are less cute outfits for taller sizes than there are for MDD?