1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dollfie Dream Mini discussion part 1

Apr 4, 2007

1. I'd say they fit well. I put clothes made for SDM/MSD on mine all the time. One of mine is supposed to be a boy, and since the Tenshi no Koromo stuff especially for MDD tends to be on the girly side he almost exclusively wears the clothes intended for boy SDM/MSD. They actually fit him better than my SDCute.
      Here's one example with the letterboy set.
      [​IMG]
      He has a lot of outfits now but I chose this one so you can also see the main drawback - which is that hats for 1/4 size heads dont fit well on MDDs, since their heads are closer to 1/3 size lol. Also, that stuff made for the resins isnt as likely to be white-lined, hence why I had him wear a body stocking with this one.
      I see girl MDDs wearing girl SDM/MSD clothes on twitter all the time as well - I know the Candy Pop Mini dress was extremely popular with the MDD crowd. And Volks dress the display MDDs in the SDM/MSD clothes in the physical stores a lot too.

2. @Torino thank you that’s extremely helpful! I hadn’t even been thinking about the issue with hats- that’s a good point but probably easy enough to work around.

3. Thank you! I'm also very lazy, but I really wanted more dresses with chicken prints and there is nothing on sale except for PetiteBonita which I already have :<

Yeah nude body is kinda weird but if covered it's actually very cute and I'm slowly accepting the fact that my next doll will probably be on mochi-ashi body, the only thing I'll need some other hands for her because her default pair is boring and chubby

Meanwhile Hina got a new wig which required different eyebrows so I had to repaint her and this time give her different eyeliner to fit these eyes, I think she turned out very cute what do you think ; w ;
      This is my 5th DD face-up it's definitely getting easier to paint vinyl and anime style!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

with her old wig since I was matching her eyebrows colour with this one
      [​IMG]

Yep, most of the cutesy stuff is made for YoSD and MSD, that's one of the reason I chose MDD instead of Mariko, Miku or Mayu which are all DDS, I mean if you try hard enough you will still find stuff you want or you can just sew/craft 0:

4. Hello, my DDH04 on MDD body is on the way, followed by my GFs Maria! I can't wait to officially join here! I adore MDDs, I'm also in love with the new models for the next pre-order! <3

#704 Vakarian, Sep 21, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    5. As usual she's adorable.

*tries to entice Hina to come visit me by holding out a box of Peeps* >_>

6. Sounds like a good reason to order those zombie swirly eyes and make a drolling mouth haha (I've never seen these actually and wonder if I can find them in the UK)

I really like DDH-04 head and it's cute on MDD body as well, I bet you can't wait to get your girl ; w ;
      Interesting how they decided to release Marisa and Reimu in MDD mochi ashi version

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. They're a marshmallow candy that's sometimes also coated in sugar, so basically a box of diabetes. :P They're popular around Easter time here in the US. How good they taste is subjective. lol

They're both really cute. I especially like the one in the black and white dress. Is this scan from a new Volks News?

8. Marisa is SO cute I hope we'll be given the chance to get her (even if I'm not a fan of them being on the mochi body)

I caved and got my first MDD, Onibi, last week and now I'm a slave to this size

[​IMG]

9. I got a mochi-ashi body in the mail today! they're super cute! I put a ddh-10 head i modded on mine. I also swapped out the bigger hands and feet for the regular mdd sized ones. i'm modeling her after TMP from Girls' Frontline!

[​IMG]

i'm really smitted by mdds..... i might need more.... i already have plans for a tan one, but what if that's not enough?? oh no oh no.......

seriously though, did anyone else get one? also if anyone has any questions about the body, I'm happy to answer!

10. @hellFlower How do the regular MDD feet look with the mochi-ashi legs?

@revien You're girl looks so cute. I love her down turned eyes.

11. @Cloudedmind here's some comparison pics for you:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

the mochi ashi foot definitely looks better, but I care more about her shoe options than aesthetics. the mochi ashi foot is also roughly the same size as an obitsu 50's and a dollmore kid's, the top of the foot is just pudgier.
      hope it's okay to have more than 1 image in this post, since they're all for reference.

12. @hellFlower Thanks for the pictures. Yeah, the mochi-ashi foot fits the aesthetic better, but I imagine once shoes are on it'll work just fine.

13. Hi everyone. I recently bought a MDD and am planning on knitting for her. I'm constantly on high alert regarding staining probability.

Does anyone know if nylon cause staining? I was told acrylic should be okay and since nylon is also a manmade plastic, is it okay to use as well?

14. I ordered a mochi ashi body yesterday and I’m so excited for it to come in the mail. I personally think the chubby legs look much cuter but I’m worried if they will fit in the clothes I have lol.

15. Can a MDD use a normal DD head?

16. All the DD heads fit on the same neck joints if that is your question. Though some of the more mature heads look a bit odd lol.

17. Ahh I messed up. I didn’t realize the DDH-16 wasn’t shipping until January so my mochi ashi body won’t come for a little while.

18. Thanks. I like DD dolls but I only buy msd sizes so maybe I can put a MDD together myself when the bigger busts become available again.

19. I just got a mochiashi with a medium bust! I quite like it, but has anyone had luck with shoes? I read that glitter girls shoes would fit, but the ones I tried were too small... The GG dresses fit, but with the jackets and shirts the sleeves are too short.

[​IMG]

20. @Cydril I'm late to this party but mochi ashi feet are pretty big and fit SD shoes more often than MSD shoes. I ended up switching the feet on mine to regular MDD f3 feet, though the feet look a little too small without socks or shoes on.