1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dollfie Dream Mini discussion part 1

Apr 4, 2007

1. @Lera , thank you for that! I practiced on a DD and it worked well, but im still nervous to try it on Matsuri.
      Noa is so precious, I really love that wig.

I sort of accidentally bought a new MDD head from yahoo japan. And by accidentally, I mean I didn't think my low bid could possibly win, but it did XD
      Still dont have a name for her, but she will be a good happy friend for Matsuri.

[​IMG]

2. I'm buying a secondhand MDD from a BJD facebook group and I'm so excited! She's so cute, I wish I could pay for her in full right away and have her sooner but I have to have her on layaway till the end of march :...(
      Her name is going to be Ayako Momoka Fujimori, her middle name Momoka was the name her previous owner gave her and I wanted to honor that :)

image from the seller with permission to share:
      [​IMG]

3. What DD did you use for practice? Don't think it will be different for your Matsuri head :)
      Everyone likes that wig which I wouldn't expect to fit anime doll since it's rather natural hair 0:

Congratz with easy win, that's once lovely modded and painted head, is she on obitsu body? Having 2 dolls instead of one is so much better even though taking pictures isn't that easy ; w ;

I've repainted Hina and now she can use her new eyes and wig from Volks which look amazing together and I'm so happy with this look! Noa also got one pair in that design but I'm not really sure if this one will be her main :s

[​IMG]

4. @Lera , I used my DDH09 for practice...Its weird though, my DCH-20's head is rock hard. It almost seems like shes made of the old hard vinyl. Shes more comparable to my DD Estel Freesia (2007) than my newer DD's, with the soft malleable vinyl. I did finally use a spoon to pull her eyes out because I couldnt really squish her. But she wasnt damaged so all is well.

And yes, the new girl is on obitisu body! I really love obitsu, I have a lot of dolls from them.

Hina looks so good! Im amazed with how vibrant you are able to get her paint, and to get her eyebrows to match the wig so well!

@gaymergoose congrats, she is really cute! Cant wait to see more pics of her :)

5. I have the opposite actually, Hina's body (older MDD version not sure which one) is rather solid vinyl and Noa's very soft, but I'm glad you sorted that out :)

Hina is this vibrant only because of her eyes and the wig honestly, matching eyebrows wasn't easy but doable, I'm really happy with her new look so here is another pic :> I won a really cute chicken fabric on ebay and just need something similar with cat prints to sew two similar dresses for my girls, but for now PetiteBonita set is her main ♥

[​IMG]

Trying this new pair of eyes for Noa but can't decide which one I like the most ; w ;
      I'm also waiting for more optional hands my customer bought me in Japan so with those I will have all basic MDD pairs, super excited to make more pics where girls are holding something etc

[​IMG]

6. As I impatiently count down the days till the end of the month when I can finish paying her off, I set up a little bookshelf bedroom space for Ayako:
      [​IMG]
      the bed is sized for American Girl dolls (18 inch dolls) so I'm hoping it fits well for an MDD too. I also have a collection of other misc trinkets and cute decorations to adorn her dedicated zone and use as props for photos.
      Can you tell I'm excited to get my first doll? lol

7. To elphsnt, thanks so much for the info and links. Once things calm a little more on my end, I'm definitely ordering from some of those shops. Luckily for me my other clothes order came and everything fits. apparently alices collections clothes fit mdd's so yay.

Hello gaymergoose, i actually have a similar ty mini plush (the seal for those who are wondering), and its honestly the size of my mdd's lap for scale comparison. The bed should be a decent fit but as i have both i can say that mdd's are an inch taller overall with the added issue that the american girls legs are significantly shorter. Overall this is actually a good setup, rather than my idea to get minifee furniture for my mdd.

8. So life has been...um, yeah. But I finally took a photo of Polaris! :chocoheart
      It's so good to see her all put together. (I just got some water wax for her wig yesterday, hehe.)

[​IMG]

Aaaaaand now I have a Dollfie Dream bug...whoops. :D

9. She looks so cute! I love that outfit on her :chibi

10. @gaymergoose
      Thank yooou! She's such a little bundle of happy. She brightens my day. :3nodding:

11. I've gotten these awesome Anubis ears made by 9AMFlower for Mew and I just wished I had a black or grey wig for her haha :sweat

[​IMG]
      https://twitter.com/ruin_lilien

12. eeeee my girl Aya is on her waayy! she should be here next monday, I'm already so hyper and impatient lol. I wish she hadn't sucked my whole doll budget for the month dry in one fell swoop though :...( she'll be stuck wearing just the dress she comes with until next month when I'll order the clothes I have sitting in my Alice's Collections shopping cart :XD:

#772 gaymergoose, Mar 30, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    13. Have you got your girl yet? Need more DDH-10 in this thread ♥

Polaris is such a cool name and fits her amazing outfit and book pages in the background * д *

Those ears look so good and I'm excited to see Mew in black or grey when you get the wig :>

Meanwhile I was on a roll and was taking my girls outside for pictures in sakura and magnolia waiting for more trees to bloom ♥
      Finally made this cat ears headband for Noa to fit her volks cat tail bloomers ; w ;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also received more optional hands and bend one pair under heat so it can hold pencils I've had for like a year now xd
      Eggshell hat is really cute on Hina but it's actually for poaching eggs that I haven't used yet and I don't think I will, Happy Easter :')
      [​IMG]

14. She's due to arrive tomorrow, fingers crossed! She got held up at customs over the weekend, but according to the tracking she's been released and is in my city waiting to be sent out for delivery.

15. Aw, such cuuuuuuute spring pictures @Lera :chibi
      And thank you so much! I had wanted to make book page wallpaper for ages. I'm so glad I finally got the change a few years ago. :chocoheart

16. Ayako has arrived! She is so perfect, I am absolutely madly in love with her!
      [​IMG]

17. awwww your girls are stunning! and you even made their clothes :abow: you're so talented!!

18. @gaymergoose shes so pretty! Love her color scheme :D

Heres a couple of my girls with new bags ~
      [​IMG]
      ((Her hand isnt actually purple XD its just the light coming through the purple plastic.))

19. aw, thank you! I love your girls too, that cute aesthetic is exactly what I'll be going for when i buy Aya some new outfits ^_^

20. Hi! I recently painted a ddh-22 head and have finally decided to put her on an MDD body. In preparation for the body, I have been looking at shoes. I have the measurement of 5cm for the length of the foot from this site but I do not have a measurement for the width yet. Can someone please measure the widest part of their newer model MDD's foot or just take a picture of it next to a ruler? Thanks so much! And looking forward to joining this thread!