1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dollfie Dream Mini discussion part 1

Apr 4, 2007

1. Hahahah and so am I!!

There is this never ending debate inside my head since the new DDs were anounced...

No more dolls for a while and save money :( or
      MDD Mirai :) or
      DD Shino :) or
      MDD Mirai AND DD Shino :whee:

askjd;skljack!!

2. I stop looking at doll sites for a while because looking at them is sooo expensive. So what happens when I take another look? All these wonderful new dolls I haven't seen before!! Aaaargh!

3. *STILL wants a base body* :...( SOO dang cute...

4. MDD Base and boys plz...D: Otherwise volks won't be seein any of me money...;o;

5. Yep, same problem here with Micki, my Konomi, although her actual wig doesn't seem too big, just that her darned bangs are too long! 0_o

However, I've found this to be a problem with many of the wigs in general, and not just the ones from Volks either.

Anyway, right now I have Micki's held back with two clips.
      I dread trying to trim it!

Every time I've tried trimming the bangs on a wig, they've lost that lovely feathered wispy look...no matter what hair cutting tips and tricks I try! :(

Hey! Now there's a good idea for a table at the next Dollectable convention for someone whose good at trimming/styling wigs...

A doll Barber Shop/Beauty Salon! :)
      I know I'd gladly pay someone to trim some wigs for me if they were really good at it!

Oh yeah, when I bought my girl at the Volks store in Yokohama, I asked if there were any additional wigs available for MDDs.
      The person working there told me no, Volks hadn't come out with any...yet.
      She also told me the regular DD wigs would be too big.

I checked it out too, because I happen to have a couple of regular DD wigs, and they are way too big!

6. Hahaha!

Oh, like choices 1,2, or 3 are even an option! ;) Go all the way, yeah whoo! :lol:

I want Candy, and all the hand option parts, and the sailor dress, and and and... *_*

JRyu, I would SO pay for a wig cutting class *_* Would you say your MDD is like, a size 8 or so? What do you think would fit her?

7. I feel better knowing it was not only my wig :(
      I got over it with time.. but it still hurts me sometimes.. =p lol
      I have the same problem if I try to do a major trim to the bangs.. they become way to straight, thick and weird. :doh I need to practice with some old wigs...

I'm suprised though that in the Volks store they would tell you that DD wigs are too big for MDD. I have a MDD Mayu and her head is actually slightly bigger than some of my DDs!!!! (even on her, the Konomi wig's bangs are a bit long!! *_* )
      But anyways, Konomi's wig is DD sized, its her head that is too small!! It's smaller than my other DDs and MDDs... :horror: She needs a wig cap with some padding :|

Yeah yeah... I'll sell my soul to the devil and go with option 4... bwahahhahaha :shudder
      You better go all out too :lol:

8. I was actually thinking about opening a barber shop....XD I've cut quite a few of my boy's wigs after I tired of the way they were..even a fur wig and a braided wig..which I undid, combed out and cut. :D

9. On one hand I'm like "Darn it, if they're releasing the base body then I didn't have to pay limited prices for my Mayu!"

On the other hand I'm like "But Mayu is so DARN CUTE and I would have just spent the money on something else anyway, and now I can get her friends!"

I'm torn.

10. On one hand I'm like "Darn it, if they're releasing the base body then I didn't have to pay limited prices for my Mayu!"

On the other hand I'm like "But Mayu is so DARN CUTE and I would have just spent the money on something else anyway, and now I can get her friends!"

I'm torn.

11. Friends with an s... so how many friends will there be? hehehe
      a little mini army!!

12. Probably just one more :P I like my dolls to be in pairs, so if I got her a match I'd be happy.

Unless a big chunk of money happened to fall magically into my lap...

13. Oh that'll be the day...! Don't we all want this? Even if the cost is massive inflation rates and a recession? XD

Ahhh... I'd like to see guy dolls as well. And, speaking of Dollfie Dream... at the moment, I only have a DD head :doh , Damachan, so I'll need a DD body... Ack, I should've waited.

(But I still love my head, no matter what. :aheartbea )

14. I'm very tempted to get a Mini DD but I've read mixed reviews. I'm curious to hear more opinions regarding their poseability and jointing before I decide whether or not to get one. I have a few of the larger DD's so I'm aware of the loose ankle problem...I was wondering if the Mini DD body has any of those problems?

15. :) HI!
      I have a miniDD Konomi (Arisu) SHE IS SOOO CUTE! I personally think MDD's pose like resin dolls because they pose fantastic but can be a little wobly or loose sometimes! BUT THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!!!!!! :D

16. When you say "loose" do you mean their joints pop out easily? They are so cute!

17. Is it true that MDD heads are the same size as DDII heads?

18. Check out their discussion thread (buried a couple of pages back)

Link!

It's only about 12 pages, but there is some of the info your looking for. From when I skimmed through, it seemed that they have better poseability in the arms than DD2, but can't sit cute, if that makes sense. And check the next link for a comparision between a DOC and MDD. Their heads are huge..... and seem to be the same size as DD. *_*

Link 2!

19. DiSpy, yes it's true. Though it's said that Konomi had a smaller head than Mayu or Ayu, so they might start sculpting them a little smaller.

Word on the street is that MDDs can swap heads with regular DDs! I saw a DD Sirius and MDD Mayu head swap, and Mayu actually looked really cute on the DD body!! Sirius didn't look so good on the MDD body though, too mature of a face, hehehe! I dunno how well the head actually fits or mobility though. I think the link was somewhere in the 12 page thread. :)

20. I have a DD floating head, and i'm wondering if I should wait and see if volks released the MDD body as an option, or I should try getting an obitsu 47cm body (i'm told their white skin matches DD normal).

Do you guys think the MDD boody-only will happen??