1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dollfie Dream Mini discussion part 1

Apr 4, 2007

1. Anyone know if the MDD bodies will take Obitsu heads? There's an anime girl face from Obitsu that I'm kind of interested in for a second MDD to be friends with Mayu.

2. Uh.. .I'm pretty sure it's do-able but you would need to mod the obitsu head a bit.

3. Oh I wish I could get one she is soooo pretty but I think shes sold out now isnt she

4. Umm I'm not sure what the conditions for buying her were, I brought her secondhand. If you can find her though she is worth every penny.

5. She's selling still on www.volks.co.jp right now!

6. I've seen a few people ask some of these questions in topics dotted around before so I just wanted to post the following:

* MDD can fit into msd clothes.

* MDD can fit into mds shoes.

* MDD cannot wear msd wigs, she wears sd size wigs.

* MDD is about 45cm in height.

* MDD poses wonderfully and even poses then her 60cm DD counterpart.

7. does this mean if i follow a pattern for msd it will fit a mdd? i just ask because i am saving for a mdd and wanted to sew her some clothes before i buy her.

8. YesRyog!^___________^
      I was really surprised by this as
      MDD are an itchy bit bigger but
      everything especially loose
      clothes just fit!^^

9. great, that helped me a lot! :3
      and thank you so much for this fast answer! O_O

btw does anyone know the length of their feet? ^^' i was just looking for some shoes and would really appreciate it if someone could tell me the exact lenght <3

10. I have a DD2 body that I absolutely LOVE, but the DD2 body seemed a bit too anime-ish for the beautifully proportioned body (to me anyway)... so I bought a haruka head for her.

Little did I know that the haruka head is really small for an SD sized body (i've seen this hybrid combo in pictures here on the forums, but didn't notice it much. In person however, it is REALLY noticeable.). In fact I held the haruka head up to my MSD Volks Myu head and they were the EXACT same size.

So... long story short, i've got a gretel head on it's way from junkyspot now for my DD2 body... but I still really like the haruka head. So, here's my question...

Would the haruka head fit proportionally on the MDD (mini dollfie dream) body do you think? Not too many people seem to have MDD hybrid dolls yet, so i've not found anyone to ask... but I would think it would work just fine, no?!? (Since it's the same size as my resin MSD volks head, can someone who has a MDD and a resin MSD head try it?)

11. So... proportionately it looks like the MDD body will fit an MSD sized head just fine, no?

(Thank you aquilla!)

12. Does anyone know about an Obitsu head on a MDD body? I would love to do an Obitsu/MDD hybrid but I'm not too sure how well it fits and if it works... :sweat Is there someone who can help?
      And I'm really looking for the exact foot length of the MDD :sweat

13. With the arrival of my first Mini Dolfie Dream I can garantee you that Dolfie Dream are my dream dolls. Mayu is so beautiful, I can't get enough of her!

14. I was thrilled when I first got my MDD but she frustrates me a lot now. She is no where near as sturdy as a 60cm dollfie dream and her legs are always failing me.

For a while tightening the screw in the knee worked, but that doesn't help anymore and her legs are so floppy. Her left leg is also loose at the knee and at the hip, she cannot bear weight on her left leg at all =(

I'm considering wiring her to see if that makes a difference. I've no idea how it will work out with the vinyl body and inner skeleton though. I just don't know what else I can do.

I'm also considering ditching the mdd body and upgrading her to a full size dd, but she was a birthday present so its a tough call.

15. Depends on the head and wig. I won a boy MSD sized wig at Dolpa NY3 and it fits my Miyuki better than SD sized wigs does. Needless to say this wig is large on some of my MSD heads, haha
      [​IMG]
      She's a Konomi Yuzuhara. I found some of the Volks MSD sized wigs are large and fit her.

I have the same problem. I was so concerned in getting her calf reattached at dolly doctor I forgot to ask how to fix her buckling leg problem. Right now she's my sitting doll until next year's dolpa. I found out the hard way that if the calf dettaches from the thigh it's near impossible to reattach.

16. Sadly for me and my mdd I cant even see the dolly doctor =(

17. Today I took her apart. Tighten up every screw I could find in her, and now she stands! The only thing is, she only stands with boots, her feet are a little loose. But she poses wonderfully right now! :love

18. I've done that with my Mirai too, but her left hip and knee is still totally loose.

The knee joint screw will not screw in right, it just spins in the hole.

19. Oi! I never had this problem with the regular dollfie dreams! I got a mini dollfie dream body, and the legs keep popping out! Any suggestions? I contacted Volks about it, and am waiting on a reply. I suppose I could go in and glue the skeletal structure together to make it stay . . .
      Also it had this sticky film on some of the exoskeleton and I tried washing it but it didn't work *_*

Any one else have issues? Or is just me?

20. It's nice to know I'm not the only one having the leg problem T_T Right now I have my mdd body sitting with one leg unattached! Sigh. I've contacted volks about the problem because I only received it two days ago . . . . .
      By the by, everyone's mdd are beautiful!