1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dollfie ICON

Jul 17, 2019

1. No shipping notice here yet. I'm in Canada, so maybe that's why?
      Edit: Apparently not why.

I'm excited to see pictures of your girls when they arrive! ^_^

#181 Scykyill, Oct 24, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    2. I also got my shipping notice! :dance I'm hoping the extra hands are not too far behind and Canada Customs doesn't delay her for too long. :)

3. She's here :love I'm so happy she came with the white wig.

[​IMG]

4. Wow! Congratulations zaylea she looks fantastic! :love The pics make the wait for my girl more bearable. ;)

#184 Sigmatic, Oct 26, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    5. My girl has arrived! I flagged down the mail carrier, as he was across the street as I was getting ready to leave for an appointment, so I wouldn't have to wait until Monday to pick her up. I got the black braids wig, and she has pretty light blue eyes. I took the wig off right away, since I don't have a wig cap for her. I need to order one. Which are better for Volks vinyl--a silicone cap or a cloth one? I do have an extra silicone cap, but I think I remember reading that the cloth ones are better for dark wigs on vinyl dolls. I could be misremembering, though!

Here's a quick picture. The lighting isn't that great, but I was able to minimize the shadows.

[​IMG]

6. @MichelleAK Yeah, you'd want a cloth wig cap for stain protection. That'd let you leave a wig on for longer than a few moments for a photo. But don't get too complacent though, as dye will still eventually (after a month or two?) work its way through cloth caps as well. (Had that happen to Rin and Reimu, and had to destain both. Nobody knows yet how destaining will work on Icon).

The silicone ones are nonslip for keeping wigs in place, but dye leeches straight through them. They don't do anything to address stains. You could use silicone on top of a cloth cap as a wig stopper, or to fill out an otherwise-too-large wig you might want to use.

7. In the care pamphlet that comes with Icons, it says to use Dream Rescue for stains. They spent a few years developing these dolls - I hope that means they actually took the time to test removing stains.

8. I plan to just keep Trista in light wigs with light caps. XD;;; I like light hair on her anyway.

Took her out for some photos today! Here's one of them, I put a couple others on my instagram(nai_calus). She's borrowing Ephram's wig here since he isn't using it rofl and I didn't want to try to fight bangs in the car. XD;

[​IMG]

I haven't found anyone else posting pictures of a RG Lilac, if you see one let me know. XD;

9. I'm happy that the iris version seems to be popular, so maybe they'll offer that color again in the future. ^_^
      Beautiful girls, everyone!

10. Well, it’s a little hard to determine actual popularity of a certain color based on lottery results because it’s possible people entered for multiple colors (like me) and they just happened to have more Iris ones available. Or Iris could have been actually unpopular and we got lucky bc not many entered for them. Either way, I really hope they keep making these girls - I kind of want an RG twin

11. OMG she's so gorgeous

12. Spouse and I are seriously regretting not putting in for another Icon in the lottery. All the Iris have me so jealous!!

13. Seconded. >_<" I only put in one lottery entry and didn't get one. I was sort of on the fence at first, but then decided I really liked it the more photos I saw. Hopefully there will be another chance later.

14. @Lilith_N Thank you! She really is, I had to take her out again yesterday for more pictures because she's just too wonderful. XD

There should be more, I hope - They seem to have enough popularity to get a future release, they've said they want to do more, and the navel piercing is specifically called out to be limited to the first release which implies future releases!

I hope there will be, I love Trista so much and I want more people to be able to bring these girls home.

Haha maybe if they get popular enough we'll see optional arms with matching color frames. I don't mind Trista's not matching as much as I thought I might but it'd be nice for sleeveless outfits sometimes.

15. My sleepy girl lilac arrived today!!!! I'm waiting for not so busy days/sunny days so that I can take some good pictures of her. I cared a lot about the mismatching joints but now I'm like "who cares about the mismatching joints? I don't". She's just breathtaking...!!!

16. The Iris ladies are gorgeous! The skin tone with the shimmer is so pretty. :DCongrats on all of the arrivals!

My girl is still on her way home, but her hands are here.

17. She's here! I want to do a box opening thread hopefully by the weekend but am so excited I have to post a pic. :whee: Her extra hands should also be arriving tomorrow. :)

[​IMG]

#199 Sigmatic, Oct 31, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    18. I'm too busy to use my actual camera to take pictures of her lol, but her beauty definitely grants more than just some phone photos at night...Hopefully I will have the time to take her out for a photoshoot soon. I've never owned a vinyl doll before so honestly I'm terrified that she's gonna get stained...!!!!

[​IMG]dollfie icon by -TinaZ-, 於 Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48989693506_c15034508c_k.jpg
      dollfie icon by -TinaZ-, 於 Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48989139478_c7a6500221_k.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48989695036_b66d163940_k.jpg

#200 tinana, Oct 31, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2019