1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dollfie ICON

Jul 17, 2019

1. I think I'm going to keep them (at least for now). They actually suit her color quite nicely and I have some gold fabric that I might use to make a dress that would really make them pop.

Thanks for the feedback. That's what I figured. It's honestly not very noticeable. You have to be looking closely in the right lighting to even see it.

2. [​IMG]

I picked her up today. I really love the wig and eyes cuz they match her so well :D

3. @yukiri Could I ask for some pics of the ear parts? I so want the fin parts, that I'm even in the works of making my own. :sweat
      So I'd like to know how they sit on the ears (and thus if my setup is good or bad) Do they fall off easily?

4. I have this photo in my album that hopefully helps:
      [​IMG]

I haven't actually bothered attaching the ears yet, but with my husband's help I was able to separate the magnets and play around with it a little. I had the magnet inside the head and the ears still attached strongly enough. You could position in however you wanted, but with the shape of them they cover the ear on the head nicely.

I can try to get some other pictures later, but I probably won't be setting up my lighting again for a couple of weeks since I'll be out of town this weekend.

5. So pretty! It looks like your Serra got the same wig/eyes combo as my Clover and they look just as lovely on her. Congrats!

I was just noticing the differences in the face-up too. I love the bold winged liner look on her face-up!

#345 yukiri, Aug 12, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    6. LOL, that really makes me wonder whether other dolls have the same wig and eyes' color. I hope more ppl posted pictures of their dollfies!!!

7. Such beautiful girls! So nice to see more Icons about!

Also chiming in on the patterning in the vinyl being normal, Trista has it too. Nowhere really noticeable, but she has it.

And yes, those pants are awful to get on! XD So tight. They fit my Lishe better. XD Similar measurements and the resin doesn't 'stick' like the vinyl does. XD;;;

Those look like the same yellow eyes Trista has so yay yellow eye crew! I got the white straight wig though.

8. Wow your girls are gorgeous! I love how these dolls have a sort of glow to them. Some day I will get one!:kitty2 I wonder when they will be offered in the lottery again, probably not till around Christmas I’m guessing.

9. Weeelllll it may be sooner than you think. Check out the Japanese site. ;)

10. Thank you so much, dear!!! Please check out Volks Japan Week 3 Lottery Event. They’re back. I’m gonna enter for one more doll as I didn’t win her!!!

11. I would, except I think my husband would disapprove haha.

Anyway, just an FYI: my friend in Japan sent me some stuff the other day and she mentioned that Japan is not sending any air mail out to the US and several other countries. Anything shipped right now will go by boat and will be in transit for quite a while.

12. Oh no, does that mean DHL would stop air service as well?!

13. Say, does anyone have a link to the site? I hope it’s not a dumb question, I can’t find it lol:lol:

14. volks japan

15. Seamail and DHL are the only options right now. I think by air mail they just meant regular ol' airmail :lol:

16. I've ordered from the Volks JP store in the past month with DHL shipping to NY.
      Seemed fine, was very fast.

Also got my shipping email for Serra. I'm excited.

17. @Equinox quick question about buy from Volks jp, their address field shows to be a bit different format than America's. Did that effect anything?

18. Nope! For the most part I just go between NA/JP stores with my same address with no issue. It's fantastic.

19. Yeah, I wasn't sure since she wasn't specific, but I looked it up and it's the Japan Post.
      Here's the latest announcement that mentioned the US delay: News - Japan Post
      It sounds like it's largely due to there not being enough flights to secure shipping. I think some carriers have their own flights, so they might not be affected.
      I also found this post that has a link to a .pdf with all of the current service suspensions from Japan Post:
      News - Japan Post
      The link is the appendix at the bottom of the page.