1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dollfie ICON

Jul 17, 2019

1. @jenlovesdolls I also got my ICON Sierra/Petal recently and she looks exactly the same as the promo pictures. I'm kind of curious now if there are any others out there with a randomized look that isn't seen in the promo pictures. I kind of enjoy the randomized aspect of the ICON dolls although there are certain combinations that I definitely hope for. It's also nice seeing how the face-ups differ between batches (I have one of the first releases and possibly second or third release) and seeing the subtle differences is so nice. Kind of makes me think of how fashion trends change with make-up and all that.

2. Terra arrived home! She also looks just like the promo pics, though I ended up swapping out her wig since her default is shiny and hard to style. Took some photos of her with my 2019 Serra for comparison.
      [​IMG]

3. I got my Lilac just as pictured as well, but I'm kinda glad about it as I really love the way how she looks with it.

She is my very first Icon and I'm really impressed. ;-; Her skin has such a nice glow, it's incredible.

Now I really want a Clover of this years series as well. Fingers crossed that VolksInt is also doing a lottery for them soon but I highly doubt it.

4. Ooh, I'm really glad to see that all the dolls seem to be coming with the same items as their promo pics!

5. I am excited to see the new dolls! Thanks @Tolgy for showing off Clover's mismatched color joints. Strangely, I am drawn to those joints, I'm still trying to find a reason for liking them. That's a very well taken photo. I like the lighting, goes well with her skin tone. Thanks.

@jadepixel Congrats on Terra, she looks exactly like in the promo photo. I like her skin tone. I almost entered for her. I like the wig you put on her.

#465 stargazer_i, Sep 13, 2021
      Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    6. Hi Everyone! Well I finally got my Liliac! :dance Here is a side by side comparison with her and my other Icon Envee in their Volks outfits and some sportswear. :) I can report she continues the trend of looking just like the promo pics. I was kind of hoping she'd arrive with the red wig but i'm happy regardless. I was originally going to give her a name that meant purple, but as soon as I saw her only one came to mind. I decided that you can't have "Envee" without "Desire". :3nodding:

[​IMG]

7. Love seeing all the pictures! It's so fun to see what everyone has and how these girls pose. :kitty1

8. I'm laughing my butt off that the new girls have matching frames. What happened to "stylistic choice to show off the frame" :lol:

Nikki and Aisha are really cute though! I hope they keep adding new face molds

9. Yeah, you know they just didn't want to commit to the expense of matching frames until they were sure anyone cared about Icons at all. :lol:

10. Serra and Terra looking nice, and liking that they're f3 frames. Also really like the hair color in Serra's preview - wish it weren't random but I suppose that's what makes them all different. Think I like the 2021 futuristic versions more. I'll definitely need this month long lottery entry window to think about it...

11. I love the new girls, I've been wanting a more neutral face for an Icon. Won't be able to get any this year sadly (because spent all my money on Frozen), but I'd really like an Aisha in the future.

12. Okay, so matching frames and two new girls with softer faces!
      I am seriously tempted by both Nikki and Aisha.

13. The softer faces is kind of a surprise to me. I really thought the, uh, snooty look was part of the whole ICON thing. Like they are wealthy, beautiful, and know that they are better than the peasants.

14. I’m so happy to see the new sculpts, and look at the matching frames! I was hoping to enter for lilac on the next round, but I love Nikki and Aisha ;w;

15. I actually sent in an email inquiring whether they would consider selling the frames separately to owners of previous versions of ICON, and unfortunately, the answer is no. Now I'm just thinking about dyeing the frame by myself.... anybody tried?

16. Oh man, I am intrigued by this new bit at the bottom of the ICON page!
      The page isn't up yet, but I'd be so excited if they let us buy the dolls blank (like 1/6 Dollfies and the DD1 base bodies in Ye Olden Days came with a blank head). Though it certainly could just be selling bodies for current Icon owners that want to upgrade them to bodies with matching frames.

17. That would be great for some of the people who are still frustrated with the older ones, but honestly, I don't know that I would do that for mine. I have one from the first run, with the extra piercings. I might eventually upgrade the frame, but then again, I might leave it how it is. I definitely wouldn't get a whole new body, though. I'd lose the naval piercing.

18. Am Australian, fell in love with Terra and Serra a few months ago and was really happy to read about the matching frames so I was screeching with excitement when I saw the news about the lottery...

But since there's no sign of an update to the JP Icon website, I think I'm out of luck this time.

19. They where always available later on the international site. So here's hoping they'll be announced semi-last minute yet again.

20. The DDIII joints are made out of two different kinds of plastic, so can't be dyed evenly. The POM part in the middle takes dye rapidly and the ABS hemispheres don't. Conversely, ABS is paintable with solvent-based paints, whereas POM rejects all coatings. You might be able to dye first and then finish the color-match with paint.
      I think the f3 frame might be *all* POM because I tried airbrushing a pair of the new wrist joints and the paint beaded right off @_@