1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dollfie ICON

Jul 17, 2019

1. Cool!!! I'm really liking Clover! I love that colour! :chibi

2. Are there any public photos from the SDCC panel out there? Q&A responses?
      I'm curious about the elbow/wrist joint color mismatch. It's very unlike Volks to showcase an unfinished product on it's webpage but I can't imagine they won't update that before release.

#42 Nell, Jul 23, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    3. I just read on the VolksUSA Dolpa page about Dollfie Icon :

The Limited Dollfie® released only at "Tenshi-no-Sato", "Tenshi-no-Mado", and "Doll Point" in Japan will be here in the United States for the Northern America fans! Haven’t you thought "I wish they could be here!", and now they are!

So, I guess we shall see them pop up at these places in the future. Looks like we all guess correctly, they will be special lottery at LA Dolpa 4 on Sept. 8 so anyone attending Dolpa I guess will be able to try for them.

4. Hello!

Just popping in to say that the text in question is referring to the "event item category" and is not specifically for Dollfie® ICON. This text was on the website prior to cover the Dear SD, Coordinate Models, other Limited Dollfie®, and goods before being updated with the information for Dollfie® ICON. ^^;

I'm really sorry for the confusion! We'll be updating the text on the website soon to reflect the new addition of Dollfie® ICON~

5. Is the body sculpt the same as DDIII, or just the frame? I was hoping we'd see something a little more SD-like in vinyl. I think I'm safe after all! Luckily.

6. Not even trying to fix the joint color seems very lazy and not very how to put this... Volks-like? They usually take pride in covering all grounds, but huh. Oh well. It's not terrible and I guess I can dye it myself.

Still hoping an answer to if they'll be available for online folks. Not really up for falling in love with another expensive click war lol. That blue is calling my name so hard.

7. It is a bit weird that the skeletons are custom colored to match the rest of the doll, but maybe they were concerned with color stability in the hard plastic over time?
      Looking forward to seeing them in person at Dolpa, though I won't enter the lottery for them. I want to see the pierced ears up close!

8. I read over on the news thread for Dollfie Icon, someone has mentioned they have asked Volks regarding the mismatched joint colors and they replied that the "images on the website are of the final product"? I'm not really sure how accurate or true this is but can @VolksUSA confirm or deny this? It seems really weird.

I was suprised with the amount of pieces included with each doll too! It seems really cool :D

They look like they're aiming for a modern fashion-doll style, which I hope they can pull off- something like the style of Bratz fashion pieces would be awesome!! :D Those girls really were trendy!

9. I kind of like the different colored joints, they would be the perfect android.

#49 shadow_takatori, Jul 23, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    10. That's a fun thought, though I'd rather they were grey in that case. I wonder how that type of plastic takes dye anyway.
      Definitely cute, but not a face I absolutely need right now.

11. @Chamillia yeah! i thought it was gonna be one simple/similar set per doll, but a modular wardrobe is so exciting! :o and the white is a good call, no staining and it really highlights the unique skintone! i’m curious if they will release more outfits geared towards the fashion sensibilities of icon.

@Nell did you see that the petal, iris, and mint skintones have a ‘pearly glow’? :3nodding: it wasn’t just a trick of the light that the legs promo picture had micro-shimmer.

12. I'm so sorry for misreading @VolksUSA! :sweat Thank you very much for clarifying! Are these photos of Dollfie Icon, the final versions of the dolls? Is there a reason that their elbow and wrist joints don't match the coloured bodies? Will there be a Dollfie panel at LA Dolpa giving us more information? Looking forward to seeing them at LA Dolpa! :XD:

13. It looks like each color is a different character, and the site shows both open eyes and half-closed “romantic” eyes - I assume the extra heads for each girl will be available separately?

14. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

My pictures from comic Con lol. Really surprised why they wouldn't change the joints

More pics
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Petal skin is similar to fresh new dream of doll skin tone. The tan is similar to the old dark dz tan. The mint is a light bluish green. And the purple is a nice dark and rich lavender.

I couldn't personally catch the pearlescence indoors for these pics but I also didn't shine light on them. Pictures taken with Google pixel 2, no edit/adjustment, room light, looks accurate to color to me. They mentioned the bodies will be a little firmer due to the color/pearlescent additives and NA exclusive (hopefully just for now?)

The sleepy sculpt looks similar to dod Delphine irl. Not sure where people are getting peakswoods look

15. Terra does remind me of Peakswoods, now that you mention it.
      Volks did say these were prototypes, so by the time they are for sale they'll have joints the right color. It is too bad they couldn't get the prototypes fully ready considering the joints seem to be what everyone is talking about. :roll:

16. My thought exactly!

17. I guess someone mentioned they aren't prototypes after asking volks but have yet to get official word from volks

18. @c4tbus I did see that about the Pearly Glow skin! That'll be an interesting effect to see in person at Dolpa.

@candy_coated thanks for sharing your pictures and impressions of them! How cool to be one of the first too see them in person! Lol, I get a Peakswoods vibe from them as well with the pout in their lips, nose shape, and eye expression but can see how you can pick up a bit of Delphine's aesthetic also.

19. I'm wondering if there is other way of getting those girls except than at LADP4. I really wanna enter for the lottery bt i have other travel plan at that period :(

20. So far Volks only mentioned North America exclusive in the panel (possibly Dollpa exclusive, I don't remember)

More pics . Sorry don't know how to put spoiler...[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]