1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dolpa 14 USA ordering

Dec 19, 2005

1. I'd much rather support Volks (especially when they are offering us the opportunity such as this!) than encourage a scalper, at least when I can help it!

2. If there were a Madoka or a Shizu in this Dolpa, I would be in the exact same boat. Its so hard to want something so much and be so uncertain of whether you're going to be lucky this time or not... do you decide to go for the sure thing and win an auction or put all your eggs in one basket and gamble. Somtimes you have no choice but to try to cover all the bases. It's kind of sad but unfortunately the love of these dolls leaves you very little other option.

Hugs,

Anna M>

3. Believe me, Aimee, I would have much rather have supported Volks too, but it's tough when not only are they marking up Emma more than $100 above the exchange rate, but then we have to pay $75 in tax on top of that. If there wasn't the tax, I probably would have gone with their higher price to encourage them to give us similar opportunities in the future and hope that other out-of-state people do as well, but they have to understand that since this is a crazy-expensive hobby, we have to try to save money somehow.

I feel the same way about organic produce. I try to buy organic as much as I can, but when organic is significantly more, I have to go with commercial.

Plus, in this case, I don't know why the scalper even bothered, because they only made about $20 on the deal, which just paid for their guide book.:oops:

4. I really agree Scarletmaeve and kellyhime
      If I know volks gonna have enough for all of us, I will just buy from Volks.
      But for something you really want, and couldn't sure you could get it or not.
      I would rather pay a bit more to just get it and let it be done.

5. Hi Everyone,
      I am so excited for all of you. Sad for me though. I planned to try for Picolo & Anne, but was confused about the time of the order. I thought that 12 midnight on the 26th was midnight of the next day (the 26th). I always feel confused about whether the midnight hour is part of the same day or the next day. I am new to BJD mania and didn't know that the Dolpa is only 5 or 6 hours. See I can't even explain my confusion *rolls eyes*.
      So I missed the window of opportunity because we didn't return home until 3 am after spending Christmas with my family. We are pretty night owlish!
      I did fill out the order form and send it in then. Do you think there is any chance they will include it in the lottery?
      DD & I keep looking at YJ, There is an Ann with a buyout price, but I am confused about the process and it lookes like the Crescent service is on vacation for a good bit. I can't seem to figure out the cost of added fees and such. I don't want to buy Ann twice. Advice anyone?
      Thanks,
      Sheri

6. I think if the form was still up you made it in time. :daisy

7. I think if the form was still up you made it in time.

Yes! the form worked fine, just like I read about here. It took me to a Volks page with a picture of Emma, and lots of writing in Japanese.

When I tred out the link today it says at the bottom, "Thank You, the application was closed"

I still have a chance - bouncing in my chair !!!

I'd better get busy making new itty bitty clothes!

Thanks for the hopeful words,
      Sheri