1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dolpa 14 webpage is up

Nov 25, 2005

1. I really want to see how tall the SD16 is and what the body looks like.... might be nice..

Waiting is hard. But now Frank isn't taking preorders :( That was always the easiest and best way to get volks event dolls without paying scalper prices or stalking the website.

But who knows :)

2. This mystery guy looks a bit like my handsome Heath to me. ;) Does anyone know if the SD16's will be taller the SD13's. or just more mature in facial and body scupt? Anyway, I'll be anxious to see more about him and this upcoming Dolpa.

Hugs, Juli DC :)

3. they're taller at least. ^_^...

4. At first I thought he was Heath but then figured he had to be the SD16 <3 I wonder if they do put him in the FCS if he'll be in Sato only first, and if he'll cost much more than a SD13 boy.

5. I can't wait to see what Volks has for us! I hope they'll have an SDC or a Yo-SD. :D

But that postage-stamp size picture has got me curious too! I'd love to see a bigger pic.

As for them adding SD16 to FCS, I don't think it would be likely, since they haven't added Yo-SD, SDC, any of the "Tenshi" bodies or even the SD sitting legs. But you never know!

6. Actually, that's been preying on my mind--since I've gotten all of my Volks boys through the secondary market. Will it be possible to order Mr. 4 directly from Volks (post-Dolpa), & if so, is it terribly tricky? Do you think we'll be able to put in pre-orders through the new US shop, now that Frank can't do it for us stateside?

Beg pardon if this is a repeat question or there's a more appropriate thread...since my back surgery I haven't been able to sit at my computer too often, so browsing/searching's been cut a bit short!!:oops:

7. Mikey told me at the LA reception party that TB4 "will not be able to wear Shirou's leather jacket" -- so he's going to be overall bigger than SD13 boys not just in height, but also in general size.

8. Volks already have a completely brand new domain for the LA shop :) But it's still under a lot of construction, which is probably why they haven't announced the address yet to the mass public. I'm sure when it's up and running they will take orders, but it may be US-only though.

9. hahahaha.... What aren't you telling us!!!??? ^_^

FWD

10. I am really starting to fall for that new MSD school head, Rock. He looks like Arashi's little brother. I might have to consider getting one! :D

But that picture of C with his head tilted up...doesn't look too attractive to me.

11. he will be available through an online after event... but who knows when or how exactly that will be. ^_^

12. The new SD16 Tokyo Boy reminds me of Squall Lionheart/Leonheart from Final Fantasy VIII and Kingdom Hearts.
      Ohhh....
      What's really fun is using the Windows Picture & Fax viewer and ZOOMING IN ALL THE WAY~ >>;
      I really hope he looks like a more broody version of Sakaki... looking closely, he almost could!

Just think people, these dolls are actually in a Volks building somewhere! Volks has really great marketers... they always release the pictures at -just- the right time. I can't wait to see^^

-Philip

13. Tell us your secrets or we will steal your brain. x3

14. Homigawd. A mature...masculine...volks sculpt? :drool

So...us americans can and will be able to most definetly purchase him via webpage, but we just don't know when? How do the online after events work? Is it like the lottery that I've been hearing about? Do only a few people actually get the chance to purchase doll they wanted? *noob*

15. Maybe he will be Hound sized.

16. Actually, I'd say that he's a School A, not an F16/28, judging by the mouth and rounded nose/cheeks.

Exciiiiting news... Thank goodness I always find the Tokyo Boys to be just eye candy, not instant BUY-ME's. XD He looks so mature and handsome!

17. Well, I do remember them saying that they will have the Dolpa 14 after party at the LA store (this was said at the opening reception party).

So, I'm wondering how the dolls will come into play there.

18. so all the lights and etc. are just for show and they don't really "care" about Christmas. I seeee. I am suddenly glad not to be called "leftover cake". Jerks.

There are Dolphas outside of Tokyo?

19. They care about Christmas, but not in a religious sence. So, like family, fun, ambiance, presents etc.

Well, some care about the religious sence though, since there are Christians in Japan.

20. There's plenty of westerners who celebrate Christmas in a non-religious way. My family's pretty agnostic but we celebrate Christmas more out of tradition than out of any sense of piety. I'm pretty sure we aren't the only family who are like this in America.