1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dolpa 14 webpage is up

Nov 25, 2005

1. He must be a chunk more expensive than SD13s, too. I just hope that it's more like the difference between SDs and SD13s rather than SDs and MSDs... but in the worst case, he would be *calculates...* $1400 @_@

2. I was told Koyha was available to purchase at Volks LA store just yesterday. I think they have a few. Maybe you could ask Bailey if you're interested.

3. Actually you can. Just click on Khoya's link and go to check out. All the SD listed right now on the page can be bought.

Kat

4. crap... and i juz bidded on someoen kohya on ebay for an exta of 100..... erm thats so EVIL

*cries over stupidness*

on another note i think SD16 would be a great buy :D tall handsome volks boy... probbly would be more mature in certain areas... :D

5. Really? *grumbles* Don't have any money now unfortunately >.<

6. ...Hound size, perhaps? Cool if they could share clothes (I don't have Hound, but I have a bunch of Hound-besotted friends! :) )

Is it me, or does the (itty bitty) thumbnail make his face look a bit like a Souldoll? ('Specially the nose...)

Edit: I was at the store this weekend. :D Whatever they have listed right at this moment on the Volks page was indeed still in stock at the store as of Saturday at noon.

7. damn now i regret going to ebay... lol oh well i want to get a SD16 body!!!! anyone wants to help out?

8. I am looking at the volks usa site but it does not say what type of pmt they accept. I assume when you check out it will ask for credit card info right? No paypal. thanx in advance

9. Volks USA won't ship to Singapore, only North America.

10. i have contacts willing to ship over? :(

11. I want a SD16 now.. Hrm..

Maybe I should save for a FCS SD16 instead of a SD13. ^_^ We'll have to see what face molds are avalible when the time comes.

12. And at least one owner *points at Sai* :D

My take on clothes swapping between SD16 and Hound is that there may be some things that can swap, but not everything. Hound bodies are essentially SD13..most of the height and lankiness is achieved by the extension of their leg limbs. If Mikey's hint about SD16 not fitting in SD13 coats is any indication, I am guessing that the SD16 body will be bigger than Hound, and the appendages will grow to adjust to the body.

The worst that might happen is that the body area will fit large on Hound, yet the arms and legs of everything will be too short! o.O

A bit of a side note.... I'm sorry, as much as I am looking forward to an SD16, I really REALLY hope they don't go over a grand once they become standard models. Limiteds, which I avoid by default anyway, I expect to be a lot because they are just that...limited and thus expensive. But if there is talk that potential standard SD16s will top 1K...that's gonna turn me off a lot, even with the Volks name attached to it.

Personal take here, your mileage may vary: Given that Hound has already deeply penetrated the doll market in the 70cm size range, and the average Hound with some frills ranges around the 600-700 dollar range, I think (and hope) that Volks will run theirs in the range of 750-900 or so for a non-FCS model. At least, this would be on the more 'realistic' end in my mind...it's more expensive than Dollshe charges for Hound because they're Volks and they have the big name in the doll market, but not so ridiculous that they will turn people off of buying them.

Again, just a theory. Personally, I really, really really REALLY want to just wait out on any more first-hand Volks doll bits until the SD16's find their place in FCS. :D

13. Yeah, I just ordered a doll from them. And they didn't have a Paypal option, just credit card.

14. I just ordered Toppi from their site, but the site seems so unprofessional....no pictures and a shopping cart from yahoo??

weird...
      I hope they make it better
      Only takes credit card payments..

Geri

15. I want to buy sweet dream rengemaru and suzuna so badly :cry:
      r they going to be limited again? :(
      do they comes with clothes too or just with make-up and naked?
      *start to pray that they wont be limited* >.<

16. volks.co.jp/eng takes pp though?

That kind of irks me. (--__--) Has anyone emailed and asked? Some sites you have to specifically request a certain type of payment, right? Maybe this is the same thing?

About pricing... I hope that the limited model doesn't go over a grand too. (T__T) But, what can you do I guess?

17. I believe Volks felt it more important to get the site up and operational ASAP, than wait to put it up until all the bells and whistles of the design were finished. ^^ The people at the store reassured us that they were very concerned about their customers being able to access it no later than Monday. I'm sure the design will be refined in due time. :)

As far as CC payments, that's standard for a typical online sales site, and has been the "norm" of how to conduct business for decades. PayPal is more typical of newer, less-established businesses who have not yet applied for CC processing (or international CC processing), and of private sellers. Some older companies are now also adding PayPal; it is up to Volks to decide if they wish expand their options to include it.

Ordering from Volks Japanese site has always been CC only the several times I've done it; if they take PP now, it's news to me.

Sleepy Rengemaru and Suzuna are limited, and they come with a wig only.

18. oooh no >.<....im afraid about the limited thing... ;_;
      and do u know where I can buy their cute little bear/bunny clothes?
      I searched for those clothes on their volks website but the only thing I found was shoes for yo-sd x_x

I hope they put pictures and clothes soon!! *_*

19. I think its another 'tradition' that was borrowed from the west, but treated a different way for their own society. I know in Hong Kong, Christmas is treated as a time to get together with friends, not as a religious holiday, which would make sense as they're more a buddhist society. Their big holiday, quasi-religious, is New Years, which is a time to get together with family. Lights go up for both 'holidays'.

20. (dies)

He looks ominously handsome...and I've been so good...(whoops)^^