1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dolpa 14 webpage is up

Nov 25, 2005

1. I love the idea of an sd16 but at the same time I wish that he was release after the 4th Tokyo boy. The series should be consistence were all the 4 boys look a like (I mean the same height). The 4th Tokyo boy is going to be a special thing because it will close such a special series as well as the sd16 will be special because is the first one they make probably with a really cool body but to mix both thing together.? I don’t know.

This is just my opinion I am totally looking forward to an sd16 but I wish he wasn’t the last Tokyo boy. I don’t think he will fit very well with my Issao and Shirou.

Regarding the volks website it can not take more an hour or two to ad pics to the shopping cart its not like it will stop the site from being up and running, but then again this is just my opinion. I am thankful for the site because I was able to order Toppi but I am sure that some people who are new into the hobby (remember that now Volks advertises with a few doll magazines) may go to the site and maybe they are not familiar with the names of the dolls and they need to see some pics.

2. I think it's really impossible at this point to make any kind of assumption. We'll have to wait until we see them together. (or at least a photo that isn't just a thumbnail!)

3. Today I noticed that the Sanrio.com shop is a yahoo shop. Many legit stores use the Yahoo shops as a shopping cart service.

You can also get a debit/cc for your paypal account if you're wanting to use that as a funding source when shopping elsewhere than places that accept paypal.

Clearly the Volks site is not done. They only have the major dolls online at this time. I imagine they'd like to roll out stuff in stages. It isn't just just uploading pix for a few items, but hundreds and hundreds of items including all their accessories and 1/6th items as well. It boggles the mind really.

Baby steps! I think they preferred to give us the good stuff first, rather than making us wait for all the hair heads and eyeballs they have to set up in the database etc.

This is all fanciful conjecture on my part, to be sure.

4. If you mean this page:
      http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/event/dolpa14/cdc.html

This is a page for the customised doll contest, and I expect that these are pictures from a previous contest. They aren't any of the new releases or anything.

The fourth and final Tokyo boy is actually not going to close the series -- he is opening it up to allow addition of further characters. So the series is not ending with him, he is in fact the beginning of a new "chapter" or part, I suppose you could say. In which case to me it makes sense to go with a new beginning of the bodies as well. ^^

I don't know anything more about new characters or whatever, I just know that he's a starting point for furthering them, which is what I've been told by Volks.

5. I just received and e-mail fron the volks new usa site, saying that due to an error instead of charging for my Toppi they refund the amount so know they are charging twice as much.I guess the shopping cart was having problems after all.