1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dolpa SD17 Reisner Discussion

Apr 11, 2007

?
  1. No, I'm going to pass for now because of the high price tag

2. No, because I'm saving for the NYDP2

3. YES! I'm going to DP17 for him

4. YES! I'm going to enter the VolksUSA lottery

5. YES! I'm going to wait for the International AE at [url]www.volks.co.jp[/url]

6. YES! I'm going to attempt a pre-order with a service like WeLoveDolls

7. YES! I'm going to search Y!Japan for him

8. YES! I'm going to search eBay for him

9. Yes, but I'm going to wait until after the NYDP2 to look.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. How truly amazing....! :o

2. Rkold said the same thing - it was in the DP17 thread as well. So now that we've got two confirmations about a larger doll I'm officially realizing that I'm going to have to just sell my soul. X_X

3. I've never bought a limited Volks doll from them before...are they sold on the site afterwards? (first come first serve free for all?) or more lottery style like I heard the Tokyo boys were?

4. Depends. For the last few dollpas, they are released at the dollpa to those who get lucky enough in line to get them (which obviously excludes any customers not in Japan at the time of the dollpa). Afterward, Volks USA has been able to offer them via a lottery system after the dollpa. Then, after that, the Volks (Japan) website usually has an afterevent free-for-all where the dolls are snatched up in moments.

Sometimes, they become available in other ways, too (like when Black Cat Lucas, White Cat Chris, Yukinojo, Ren, Miko, etc. all became available in a *second* afterevent from the Volks USA store).

Sometimes, they're even harder to get than that, too (like how Olivia was available to attendees of the NY Dollpa exclusively, first, and then what was left was sold by Fashion Doll Quarterly or when Isao v.2 and Jun Tachibana were available only through Haute Doll).

Given that these are being released at a dollpa in Japan, I'd think they'll be available at the dollpa, at a Volks USA lottery, and in an after event. That's just speculation, though!!!

Ah. One other thing--for the Tokyo Boys, until Isao v.2, none of them were officially made available directly from Volks outside of Japan (that's part of why Tsukasa, first-release Shiro, and Isao v.1 are so rare!). Many of us hit Yahoo!Japan, so you *will* see some of these dolls here here in the West, and for a while Doll and Hobby down in Florida was a licensed Volks retailer, so Shiro was available through them, but without a great deal of buzz. (Talk about missed opportunities--Dolly was familiar with this one and she says he sat on their shelves for a while!) A big thank you to Dolly for reminding me about Doll and Hobby, who really paved the way for others!

Isao v.2 was released via Haute Doll magazine. Jun Tachibana was released with Isao v.2. Yukinojo was handled as a Dollpa/VolksUSAlottery/Afterevent/VolksUSA Afterevent doll. And then Shiro Tachibana was re-released when he was made available to those who bought the book "Another Yourself".

5. I am really in trouble with Reisner. :drool

I swore no more big boys and I was just talkin' SD13! I :aheartbea him so much already.
      I might have to sell someone (oh, no!) to get him, but I can't imagine losing any of mine.

Perhaps it's time for that second job. :...(

6. oo i hope they're fixing up the body, since i don't like SD16 bodies in the least. At least not from pictures >_>

a bit of elongation would be much appreciated >w<

7. He's definitely longer and leaner looking (not as blocky or fashion-doll-like as the SD16). Have you seen the pictures in the Dollpa 17 thread? They're on pg. 15, and they're definitely droolworthy.

8. I most definitely LOVE the SD17 Body from what I can see so far:love I just really hope the Arms are beefy and not as skinny..... Most definitely a gorgeously sculpted Body it seems. I really want this boy, it might finally end the Man flesh war for Damien going on between my girls lately:sweat
      ~Anthony

9. ooo thanks for the tip <3

and i agree <3 those bodies are more like it :D

10. Does anyone have more pictures of the SD17 body and what Reisner will look like?

11. I'm quite interested but I'm keeping many SD13s.
      SD17 is too tall for me. :doh

12. May I ask a newbish question?

How much does everything think he'll cost once he pops up on e-bay, because I highly doubt I'll have the money that fast to buy him. (He so owns my soul right now!)

13. I can't wait to see more pics of Reisner! :D His body looks well muscled but nice and lean, not so buff and obviously muscular like the SD16 boy body. He's probably going to be popular! But due to his price (134,000 JPY) and unusual size, I'm hoping he won't be TOO hard to get. A lot of people loved Amelia, and she wasn't easy to get but she wasn't impossible to get like Kurumi was at least.

Good post on Volks LE availability, Lady Samhainne! ^_^ But though I wasn't paying much attention to boy dolls at the time, I distinctly recall Shirou T being available from the Doll & Hobby Shop when he was originally released. ;) And he just sat there for ages! *brain explodes*

14. He's so lovely... :D I love pirates!

15. yeah Reisner has a great body! *_* I love him!
      But his neck and head.... Do you Think that the head is small and the neck excels much?

16. YES!~ I agree!~ It looks like a SD13 head plonked on a SD16/17 body!~ Yukinojou has the bit of resin at the back of his neck that does not allow the ball-joint of the neck to show, no matter how he tilted his head (unless I force him so) :o

17. oooh just saw the new pics of Resiner.

I like the body but will wait for more pics to see how that head looks on it (but I think I'm definately going to try for this boy). :P

on a side note I think I know where Volks gets all their priatey swords XD I think I still have two of them left in stock XD mind it really does make the outfit cooler :) we tried the piratey sword in a Cecil hand so they prolly have a similar hand since Cecil did not want to let go :D The new pics are great though (but ah his price tag!) I think I'll go broke....hopefully I can get him

18. I think he is, definetly, Volks version of Bermann -sized dolls. His legs speak to me of the 70cm scale, at least. But I seropusly like the proportion of the shapes, he is more muscular and appears to be better engineered than usual 70 cm scale dolls.

19. :| I agree with you Nanyalin he does look like the Volks version for the Dollshe boys, but with much more improvement on the joints. His price is definately going to over $1000+, sorry this guy is not tempting me.

20. That's not a newbish question at all--a lot of us are wondering the same thing!! Here's what we do know: from Japan, he's going to cost 134,400 Yen. If you ordered him directly from Volks, you'd have to pay around 7,500 Yen shipping for a total of 141,900 Yen. In USD, that's roughly $1245.

If you see one for less than that, anywhere, BUY HIM because it's a steal. :) (And I'll be crying that you got him and I didn't!)

VolksUSA *may* offer him through a lottery, as might the two other US retailers: We Love Dolls and Kerbey Lane Doll Shop. If they do, keep in mind that they have to pay the same fees we do + the import tax for goods for sale. (We don't get charged this as individuals when we order from Volks Japan during the After Event or Dollpas because these dolls are technically "toys" and are exempt.) So, if they are offered directly through one of the 3 US outlets for sale in North America, then he's likely to cost around $1400.

Again, if you see him for that amount, BUY HIM.

eBay is a harder thing to guess at. The doll that's closest to him would be Yukinojo, but Yukinojo was less exepensive (wasn't he $1280 from the US vendors?). On eBay, Jo will go for a range of $1600-2000. I've seen higher and lower, but those are more typical prices. Given the buzz this boy is generating, the fact that he (like Jo) is the only one available in this body type, that he's a freakin' gorgeous pirate, that he's part of a very popular line of Volks dolls (also like Jo), and that he has such a high initial cost, I'd expect him to go for $2000 on eBay initially and then to eventually die down to $1800-$2200. He will (even without the fees) be higher on Yahoo!Japan. With fees, his prices on Y!J will likely make all of us weep.

:)

So. That's all speculation, and I know some others on this thread will likely be able to add great info to it, but I hope it helps!!