1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dolpa SD17 Reisner Discussion

Apr 11, 2007

?
  1. No, I'm going to pass for now because of the high price tag

2. No, because I'm saving for the NYDP2

3. YES! I'm going to DP17 for him

4. YES! I'm going to enter the VolksUSA lottery

5. YES! I'm going to wait for the International AE at [url]www.volks.co.jp[/url]

6. YES! I'm going to attempt a pre-order with a service like WeLoveDolls

7. YES! I'm going to search Y!Japan for him

8. YES! I'm going to search eBay for him

9. Yes, but I'm going to wait until after the NYDP2 to look.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. :doh You're right!!! (And thank you for catching it!!!) I forgot that Doll & Hobby was the only licensed Volks retailer in the US for a while and was able to offer Shiro. My bad! (And I hate to hand out bad info!) I'll go ammend.

2. Hate to post multiple times in a row, but Hikaru-han posted this in the Dollpa 17 thread (post 411). It's the Volks story for Reisner:

The man's name "Reisner"
      The only person Captain Cecile lets his guard down around, a sturdy youth.
      As the brother in law/ or sworn brother Reisner, There is probably no one in the sea who has not heard of his name and valour

Together in life and death, sometimes being Cecile's sheild, and sometimes Cecile's sword.
      "Reisner" standing side by side an aloof Cecile.
      Finally the sail begins to catch wind.

3. MORE PIRATES. *brain explodes. I can't say much about the doll itself because the pics are so small and blurry [though he kind of looks like a F17], and I can't see myself owning a doll bigger than SD13 size...

But that outfit. That outfit. Oh, Reisner, why aren't you SD13 so I can spend obscene amounts of money on your clothes?

4. ........Is anyone interested in trading Reisner's body for an SD13 body + cash? *TOTAL LONGSHOT* I agree with Bern, I'm a little hesitant on an SD17 body because I love the convenience of SD13, but daaaaamn that boy can pose.

5. Hooooo boy. :o I take back what I said about wanting him to be an SD13 with a burning vengence!!
      *points and flails*
      Look at how that bloke can POSE!!!! (not to mention the fact that he's utterly *gorgeous*)
      Why Volks? Why?
      -V
      p.s. Has anyone said exactly how tall he's supposed to be?

6. No word yet. Someone (can't remember who) was at Volks LA yesterday and asked, but they didn't answer. I'll try again today (leaving for the store in 2 hours), but I don't expect to get any more info than she did. I think it's part of the secret!

7. Oh my goodness, the suspense!!! (it must be part of their marketing scheme. ;) )
      -V

8. It was me, and they either don't know or are keeping the secret...

9. LOL As thought we need more reasons to be excited about this boy!

10. ::waves to Beckers:: I wish I'd been able to go yesterday and get a chance to meet you, but I'm in town on business, so today is really my sneaking away day ;) I'm hoping that if they didn't know yesterday (and it's not a secret), they'll have asked and will be able to give me an answer today, but I doubt that will happen. I'm betting it's top-secret info, like what that boy has under his eye patch!

11. *waves back* You could be right, hopefully they did ask, especially about the size. That may not be a secret. And if you can drag any info out of them about what's under the eye patch I'd really appreciate it!

Have fun at the store. There's so much eye candy!

12. I'm itching to spend more money than I should, and I've got two additional shopping lists with me. It's going to be almost as much fun buying for friends as buying for myself! And I promise that if I get any information at all, I'll post it!

13. That actually helps a lot! haha, because I registered for the Tea Party in NY but I might skip out on it and spend the money I was going to spend up there on him!

He stole my heart with just one look and I usually don't go for boys with his style but my gosh! He's just gorgeous and he is love! haha, I can't wait to see all the places he'll be released.

But once ordered from one of those places, how long do you think it would take him to get from them to me? (I want to take him to school for one day to show everyone that my pirate is so much better than Jack Sparrow! Then I would proceed to take him to the movie with me. haha)

Gah! Now I'm as giddy as a school girl again!

14. LOL I know what you mean. ;) Sadly, I can't even speculate on that one. I know that those attending Dollpa 17 will have him on the spot, and if you get him through Yahoo!Japan, you'd likely have him inside of 10 days from the auction ending. But we don't know if he's going to be directly available in the US market yet, and we don't have a date (or a confirmation!) on an After Event either. I know that under normal circumstances, the dolls go out in this order:

Dollpa Itself (fastest)
      Yahoo!Japan
      Dollpa After Event
      US Vendors (slowest)

If the doll is released via US vendors, they'll likely do that *before* the After Event, but the dolls arrive *after* those released at the After Event. No idea why, but maybe someone else on the list might.

15. For the first time in my entire doll buying history, I'm praying that this guy isn't white. *sigh* Has anyone asked Volks about his skin tone while they were asking about height?

16. I got the distinct impression that they will have a corresponding US event. I certainly hope so.

17. No mention of it being white, and it doesn't look like it to me, but I don't have any positive info on that.

18. I'll ask today about that, too!

19. I was wondering the exact same thing:sweat... He does look rather pale from the first pictures, but from the rest of the pictures released he seems to be normal skin.... Please oh Lord Please let him be normal skin:eusa_pray
      ~Anthony

20. Oh okay!

That makes sense, haha! Thank you for helping me though. ^^- I am so getting this boy I swear I will... Even if I do have to buy him through uber expensive e-bay... *hopes it won't come to that* But I also hope that he isn't white, if he is I swear the love will be shot. But he doesn't look white.. *is hopeful*