1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dolpa SD17 Reisner Discussion

Apr 11, 2007

?
  1. No, I'm going to pass for now because of the high price tag

2. No, because I'm saving for the NYDP2

3. YES! I'm going to DP17 for him

4. YES! I'm going to enter the VolksUSA lottery

5. YES! I'm going to wait for the International AE at [url]www.volks.co.jp[/url]

6. YES! I'm going to attempt a pre-order with a service like WeLoveDolls

7. YES! I'm going to search Y!Japan for him

8. YES! I'm going to search eBay for him

9. Yes, but I'm going to wait until after the NYDP2 to look.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Thank you Souha! Looks like 7pm Japan-time is 11am for me... much better than what 10am/11am Japan-time is.

2. a stupid question, im new to volks ._.
      but what is the AE?

3. Interesting, the Japanese site (6am to 11am) is doing it as a lottery. I wonder if this is to help take load off the server. I wonder if the International AE will be first come first serve, or lottery.

Nice of them to finally realise most of their OS users find 11am Japan time to be troublesome. ;)

4. The Beautiful Doll>> oh okays, thankyou! ^^

5. That is absolutely AWESOME NEWS:chibi I hoped they would do that again. They did a lottery for the Japanese site and first come first serve for the international site during the Last Dolpa's AE (Hometown Osaka Dolpa 3) and I actually managed to score the BTSSB & Chibi outfits:fangirl: It was so much better then my first AE experience (Dolpa 16's AE*_*).

You're very welcome;)
      ~Anthony

6. The Dolpa 16 AE was awful. :ablah: Maybe I'll try for my red jeans again or some other outfits if they are availale. If I had the money I'd totally try for Shinn. :aheartbea

7. Just a question.....

On the VolksUSA website and English SD site, it says Reisner is Cecile's "blood brother."

But on the Japanese site, they call him Cecile's "義兄弟"... brother in law.

Can someone clear this up? :sweat

8. 義兄弟...i thought it means something like sworn brother, not brother in law...?

9. xuri>> if it's sworn brother, the blood brother bit makes sense. but of course, my chinese skills have deteriorated. D:

10. in japanese, 義兄弟 (gikyoudai) can mean brother-in-law or sworn brother/blood brother :) given the context of the story though, i would think that reisner is more likely to be cecile's blood brother/sworn brother than his brother-in-law. i think. XD

11. how do i enter that AE?? is there an english page?

12. Speaking of Volks and AE and such... any body know how Volks marks the customs forms on doll packages? I need to decide if I want to get Reisner sent to my US address or my UK one. I'd PREFER not to have to pay 17.5% extra on top of his price.

13. Volks Japan puts the full value of the item for shipping (as does Volks USA)

I've paid taxes on Volks items about 1/3 of the time, even on the bigger valued items.

14. And of course, the US doesn't charge customs taxes on dolls, so there would be no fee if you sent it here. A LOT cheaper on an expensive purchase.

15. Reisner is amazing, and if I had disposable funds, he would be in my dream doll collection. Which would be ginourmous. But being realistic, I could never afford. T_______T!!!!!

16. When Volks sends you an email that s says you've won the lottery, that means you have won right? Where can I confirm it?

17. The E-Mail stating you've won is your confirmation:) Congratulations:fangirl:... Volks will charge the card you put in your lottery entry on after the date they state on the e-mail, so try and keep that total amount avaiable till then and after.... Then you wait until the end of June and you should get your doll then;)
      ~Anthony

18. Thank you Antony!
      But I am wondering if they have charged me or not. I called my Credit Card company and there is no charge???*_* *_*

19. They won't be making the charges until May 24th.