1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dolpa SD17 Reisner Discussion

Apr 11, 2007

?
  1. No, I'm going to pass for now because of the high price tag

2. No, because I'm saving for the NYDP2

3. YES! I'm going to DP17 for him

4. YES! I'm going to enter the VolksUSA lottery

5. YES! I'm going to wait for the International AE at [url]www.volks.co.jp[/url]

6. YES! I'm going to attempt a pre-order with a service like WeLoveDolls

7. YES! I'm going to search Y!Japan for him

8. YES! I'm going to search eBay for him

9. Yes, but I'm going to wait until after the NYDP2 to look.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Yeah, he comes with sword hand, sword, and sword holder.. these were extras with Cecile the Scarface -- as a set, his sword and sword hands cost 7,800yen. So factoring that in I don't think that Reisner is all that badly priced. (Just, probably a bit out of my price range. :...( )

IMHO, and this is JUST my speculation, but I honestly believe that he will come with two normal eyes. The Scarface Ceciles were a very limited deal that they did for the cruises only, which were incredibly hard to get and very limited in number, and they made a BIG deal about it. I don't think that they would release a scarred doll as a "normal" Limited at a Dolpa, if that makes sense? Plus, the 1st Captain Cecile had an eyepatch in all of his promo pics, but he still had two eyes. When they do a scar they tend to make a big deal about it rather than hiding it! However, this is purely my speculation, so please don't take it as word! I guess we'll find out for sure when Volks releases more pics. :)

Rukawagf, Lady Samhainne, thanks for the kind words. :blush I'm glad people are enjoying the site, and my translations!

2. Thank you Cassiel! It makes it a lot easier for me to show him to friends now! haha

But gah, if he does turn out to be 80cm tall he'll be half as tall as I am. I hope he is. >< haha

3. my tan scar face doesn't have a second eye, just the big scar.. can't wait to see this big boy in person and compare him to Yukinojo

although did any of the previous Cecil come with the eye patch and not have a scar? Wasn't there a older version with both eyes and no scar or patch?

4. I think that they had an eye opening service for those who wanted it open, but it was only for the people who bought them originally. Then again I could be off haha

5. Yes, Cassiel made a very good point about that very fact in her post on this page;)
      ~Anthony

6. The first Captain Cecile had an eye patch in all promo pics but in reality had two eyes:
      http://www.crysania.com/angels/volks/sd13/cecile-captain.php

Cecile the Scarface and Cecile the Scarface Ocean of Deep Black Version both had one totally closed scarred eye. Volks offered a service that would open the eye slightly but it was very minimal and not really all that noticeable. There is some info here at their pages:
      http://www.crysania.com/angels/volks/sd13/cecile-scarface.php
      http://www.crysania.com/angels/volks/sd13/cecile-scarface2nd.php

I believe Ria_ria had it done for her 1st Scarface but chose not to for her 2nd because she thought it wasn't worth it.

Note also that both Scarfaces came with an eye patch as part of their outfit but neither actually wore it in any of their promo pics. I still have mine in a drawer somewhere. :sweat

7. Oddly, this reminds me of a mythbusters episode. Apparently there's a myth that some pirates wore eyepatches not because they were missing eyes, but rather because it allowed them (by virtue of moving the patch) to have one eye instantly adapted to darkness, so that when they boarded a ship, they would have the upper hand. Whether actual pirates ever did this is anyone's guess, but they *did* prove on the show that the concept worked perfectly :) Maybe our Reisner is just a really smart pirate who wants the upper hand?

8. That's really cool... I might have to try that. But did anyone else notice that they mention him in Cecil 3's little story? I noticed it today and I always though that Reisner looked like he had a hang over but that proved it! haha

9. i think i put together a little theory on why volks made reisner a sd17 instead of a sd16 (idk if someone else has already thought of this but just humor me :sweat )
      i think it might have to do with the whole "dollzone copying sd16 body", volks noticed that their body might have been copied by an other company so they decided to completely stop making that version all together, and start with a newer style that is "just their own"

10. That is a very decent theory, but what is to stop another company from copying this body as well? If Reisner is very popular - which I'm pretty sure he will be - you can bet there will be a copy on the market by somebody. I hate that that happens, but I'm pessimistic enough to believe it will. :(

11. it is for Dolpa 17 Tokyo and after event (25th & 26th in May)

After captain Cecile this is : Reisner full set 134 400 Yens !:D

In the magazine, there is no size about SD17 (i wait the website perhaps)

sorry i haven't not scanner !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. OMG!~ AS if the smaller one didn't have us floored, now with such clearer pictures, we're doomed!~ :XD:

Thanks for the pics aishiteru!~

13. Exactly. I REALLY like the shoulder-waist-hip ratio on this boy. Not nearly as exaggerated as Yukinojo was :) MUCH more my style. Is it bad to lust after resin? :: ponders ::

14. These pictures where just the iceing on the cake for me when I first saw them on Aishiteru's thead:love I am so in love with this boy it's not even funny. I hope to God that VolksUSA has a lottery for him and I actually get him, becauase I would hate to have to pay the second market price for this glorious boy:|... Just gotta keep the Faith as I always say... Reisner ohhh Reisner where art though Reisner:love
      ~Anthony

15. Okay, all--the Volks USA lottery is official and UP!!! Reisner is $1408!! :D

16. Yeah, I'm at work right now and was GOING CRAZY INSIDE:shudder but I needed to keep my Cool:sweat

I mean I had a strong feeling there would be a Volks USA Lottery, but it just makes me feel so much better to have it announced and in writing:sweat.... Now To Win:blush... I must Win I must Win I must WIN:fangirl:
      ~Anthony

17. Reisner seems to be pushing a lot of the right buttons for many of the members here on DOA. I almost want to make a poll on if people are planning on trying for him - and if so through VolksUSA, at DP17, International AE event, or a shop like WeLoveDolls

18. I plan to try the Volks USA Lottery and the International AE. I confess that I don't plan to keep his head or outfit, but this is the body I've been praying Volks would make for one of my boys. I'm hoping to trade his head for the Williams head that idrisfynn so keenly desires. :)

19. I'm trying the shops first.. and then maybe the lottery *_* all depends how much I can save up...

I would try in the AE.. but after the experience with the Christmas AE... never again!!!

20. I'm going to try Kerbey Lane and We Love Dolls.
      If that falls through, I'll try the Volks USA Lottery.
      If that falls through, I'll try the AE.
      If that falls through, it's Yahoo!Japan and eBay.

::squints:: I will have this boy!