1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks FCS sunlight skin - pros & cons

May 25, 2005

1. :D Thankyou for that, the one on the left, is that Lucien? His gorgeous btw what size eyes is he wearing~~ :daisy

2. Yup, the one on the left is Lucien. :grin: Thank you! I'd say "he's perfect" but he already has enough ego.

He's wearing 19mm Eyeco Royal Violet, angled so that he's looking upward.

3. lol!
      Does he have the long leg, how much higher are they from the standard~?
      :daisy

4. He has the long leg, L-02, I love them. He's about 2 cm taller than standard. I have some comparison pictures somewhere...

5. Does Volks Sunlight skin fade when u clean or remove the faceup with acetone? What about sanding? does anyone knows?

6. Do you think that in the future they will make the sunlight skin go all the way through? I am very tempted to get one, but the fact that when it scratches it's lighter underneath is actually a bigger put-off for me than I thought it would be. I'm not planning for one in the near future though but I was curious. :grin:

7. I haven't tried acetone, but I remember reading about Avenuto's Sunlight F16 - she said she was afraid to sand the face, and when she did, it was a little lighter where she sanded, but it didn't bother her.

(I imagine she could also play with make-up to downplay the difference in tones.)

8. 8D I sound like such a n00b~

Is it harder to find clothes for him, or does it not make any difference~?

9. the faceups are apparently okay to remove with acetone, but sanding will lighten the sanded area. Even small scratches show up lighter than the skin - part of the reason why I sold my sunlight MSD. I felt like I had to be so careful with him and I noticed every scratch...I really wanted a doll that I feel like I could really let loose with and have them just them themself. BUT that's just my opinion and no reason why you wouldn't love your sunlight to death!!

10. OH my so pretty I love the sunlught skin!! How can you order such a color..i thought you can only choose 2 colors on the volks website... :?

11. Yeah, I've sold a doll because I was almost afraid to play with her too, so I know what you mean.

I feel differently about Rhunei - he could have all kinds of scratches and he would still be my ultimate SD. ^_^

12. Full Choice System (FCS) can only be ordered at certain Volks stores - Tenshi no Sumika (Angel's Nest)- and must be ordered in person. There, you can order the head, body, hands, legs, feet, wig, eyes and make-up you want.

There are FCS exclusive heads. But the two skin tones, Sato Snow and Sunlight, are exclusive to one place - Tenshi no Sato - (Angel's Sweet Home), in Kyoto, where Volks has their headquarters.

If you can't be in Japan yourself to order, you pretty much have to use a shopping service that takes Tenshi no Sato orders - like Domuya - or have a very good friend.

13. All the sunlight skin dolls I have seen are boys,, aren't there any girls?

14. I guess I know what you mean - no matter what happens to Laz I would never, could never sell him, no matter how banged up he gets. I guess ex-Calix and I just didn't have that special connection in that certain body. I'm happier with Tiriel/Chamomile here, so it definitely all depends on how you interact with the doll ^^

15. I'm so jealous. I wish there was a way of ordering a FCS doll... I really want a girl with the sunlight skintone, but I live in the US , there is no way I can go there and do it =(((((

16. You can order a sunlight girl through Domuya! It doesn't even cost THAT much more, I don't think...

17. you're serious?? HOLY CRAP!!!!!
      THAT JUST MADE MY DAY
      MARRY ME?

18. Hi everyone!

Yes, I am bumping this thread after... what... 11 years because I am still interested in the pros and cons of sunlight skin? I've read a lot here about scratching and since it is quite a bit since the OP posted their question I am curious:

Does sunlight skin really scratch that easily? I'd be so bummed if I spent money on getting a beautiful FCS tan doll only to have it get scratched and have no recourse.

How has your sunlight skin Volks doll aged? Has your doll kept its beautiful tone?

I thank you in advance for you answers and if you have pics... man, that'd be fantastic too. :aheartbea

Thank you!

19. Hi nakitaninja. I worried a lot about the scratching, too. When Shiro Tachibana SD17 came out, I read everything I could about the Shadow resin. In the end I missed out on Shiro and regretted it. I am very careful with my dolls but accidents can happen. I saw where fingers did break off of other peoples' dolls, and it seemed that the resin at that time was not the same color all the way through the finger.

Recently I was lucky enough to get Shiro and he is several years old, 4 to be exact. He was well loved, but was taken care of. He did have a few scratches that the lady pointed out, and only one was "major." When he showed up, I checked him out and to be honest I really couldn't find a flaw. He's a gorgeous color. I have no clue what the original color was, or if it has changed. But today he is beautiful.

One thing about Volks dolls is that they are beautifully made and the resin is really top quality. My oldest doll is a Unoss from 2002, and her resin color is still really pretty. It has warmed in tone (mellowed), but it's pretty. Most importantly she looks great with the new Volks dolls that I have gotten.

I'll try and get pics for you. I'm planning to move to Atlanta, and things are a bit hectic.

20. @oriscany Thank you so much for your informative, sweet and thoughtful post! I am also in the middle of a big move so I completely understand needing a moment re:images. It's good to know about the scratching but even more importantly that you love him so much it wouldn't matter either way. Volks always has such nice quality dolls.:3nodding:

I am attempting to decide between skin tones for and FCS and... Man... It is WAY more difficult than. Had expected!:sweat

I also LOVED Shiro and missed out on him when he came out! It was not in the lottery cards for me to add him to my collection~ Congrats to you for being able to welcome him! How exciting~:XD: