1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks FCS sunlight skin - pros & cons

May 25, 2005

1. hmmmm I have one second hand (probably third hand) Sunlight FCS F16 from before 2007 and I have not notice any scratches

I have a bias toward Volks FCS Sunlight skintone. Back in mid 2007, I have bought a Japanese Doll magazine that happened to have a feature article on Volks FCS doll - explaining ordering process etc. There was a picture of F17 in sunlight. That became my grail doll even before I ever saw Volks dolls in person during LA Dolpa 2007.

2009 I finally found a second hand Sunlight F17 (as that was a Sato exclusive item at the time). This one is also still good.
      Then when Volks USA first added Sunlight skin to their offering, I ordered a new sunlight F17 directly. I got extra hand parts too. And the skin tone from the new and the second-hand dolls F16 and F17 actually matched pretty good.

In terms of photographing, I absolutely love the Sunlight Color.

I also have Irvin as well, I do not see any problem with him as well. For me he is harder to photograph

*** HOWEVER, my disclaimer is that I have been rather inactive in the hobby so my dolls do tend to stay in the boxes.....

2. @anavel Thank you so much for all of the information- it was super, super helpful! It helped me make my decision to welcome a sunlight skin F-26.:aheartbea Volks generally makes such consistently good quality items that I felt like I shouldn't worry too much but it's such an investment, so I am always concerned enough to ask the opinions of the pros here at DoA.:3nodding:

Thank you too for the information on photographing. I decided to buy a new camera specifically to improve my doll photography skills so that is also really important to me. Perhaps I will try ebony in the future when I am a better photographer and the head mold I am purchasing is better suited to it. (<-- only a matter of my personal taste in this case! ;))

I tend to keep my dolls in boxes too... But that's because there are now too many of them and I fear the UV light!

Thank you again for all of your help- it made the decision a lot easier!:aheartbea