1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Feedback (2009)

Dec 17, 2008

1. What did you order?
      Volks Graffiti Boy Ryoya

When did you order?
      May 30th, 2009

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Dealer: We Love Dolls

How was the communication?
      To the dealer, excellent. She even called me at my house when my boy arrived to check on shipping details. To Volks, N/A.

How easy was it to pay?
      Fairly easy. I liked having my payment split by order date and shipping date, but this doesn't apply to Volks as a company and more to the dealer.

How long did it take to ship?
      About two months since it had to ship from Japan to Volks USA to We Love Dolls, but that was expected and overall not a bad wait.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes. He arrived in great condition and the Graffiti body is wonderful. I am highly impressed at how detailed both his sculpt and his outfit both are. As I felt much of his price came from the new body and the outfit I would be a little hesitant to buy another Graffiti boy for the same price unless it was really something that really impressed me.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      I did not realize that his head was as small as it really is and many of the sculpt details were washed out of the photos, but I think that he does photgraph as well as the photos suggest and that the official photos are a fair representation. I've found that Volks photos never quite do their sculpts justice.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes, very much so.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A

Would you order from this company again?
      Most definitely.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      I have and I would again as I've found them to be very consistent.

2. * What did you order? Shoes

* When did you order? July 20th

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Volks USA

* How was the communication? N/A

* How easy was it to pay? Easy. Credit Card.

* How long did it take to ship? Took them two days to prepare, and one day to get to my house.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I think it is ^___^

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

* Would you order from this company again? Depends if there's something I like

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Maybe, if the owner took good care of it.

3. * What did you order?
      LPB - SDG/SD13G Mermaid Madonna Dress
      * When did you order?
      Late on Sunday, July 19th
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly from the Volks USA website
      * How was the communication?
      I did not receive an order confirmation email, however I received a shipping email the next evening.
      * How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy, via CC.
      * How long did it take to ship?
      Arrived on Friday the 24th
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Very much! The dress is lovely!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      very much
      * Would you order from this company again?
      yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes, certainly.

4. * What did you order? A pair of stockings and a pair of boots.

* When did you order? Aug 1st.

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? I went to their store in Torrance.

* How was the communication? Easy, I was face-to-face with them :D

* How easy was it to pay? Easy. Cash. xD

* How long did it take to ship? N/A

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes!

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? I'm not sure because bought them directly from the store.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes!

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

* Would you order from this company again? Maybe, if they had anything I like.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Only if the owner took good care of it.

5. What did you order? - Volks Kun, SD/SD13G/DD - Girlish Short Jacket Set, W-04-GOLD Curl - Gold, 18mm
      HG Glass Eyes / Goldenrod

When did you order? - 26 June 2009

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? - Directly from Volks USA

How was the communication? - Communication was quite goodI recieved notification that my order had been placed and again when it was shipped.

How easy was it to pay? - I payed with a credit card which was quite simple.

How long did it take to ship? - The parcel shipped in 5 days, arriving under two weeks later.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? - Yes

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, all the pieces were there and they were exactly as depicted.

Were you satisfied with the product? Yes

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

Would you order from this company again? - Yes. Their products are quite wonderful and you do get what you pay for.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? - Depending on the condition. But judging by how durable their products seem. Definetely!

6. What did you order?
      Volks Yo-SD Remi

When did you order?
      June 2009

Directly from the Japanese website.

Very quick notifications, shipping notices - very smooth, efficient, and professional.

How easy was it to pay?
      Paypal - and it was a snap and very, very easy.

They shipped the day after I paid! She arrived within a week! It was wonderful to have her arrive so quickly!

She was a great price, and just perfect. I'm so happy with her, and the packing was superb, and her wig was adorable, and the face-up immaculate.

She was even cuter than I expected! I had my hesitations, but once I saw her little face, it was instant adoration.

Oh yes, and the service as well!

N/A

If given the chance, definitely!

Always and definitely, and I doubt I'll ever answer differently. :)

7. * What did you order?
      Lingerie printed frille for SD/SD-13 and lingerie googly eyes for MSD.

* When did you order?
      August 13th.

Volks USA website.

All right. Ordered Thursday evening and got the confirmation that night and shipping confirmation the next day.

Very easy. I used a card.

As much as I adore Volks, I hate the fact that the USA store ships via UPS. :\ I paid ten bucks for a "next day - guaranteed!" delivery. The items shipped on Friday. It should have arrived on Saturday but, because of the fail of UPS, it didn't arrive until today, Monday. I hate the fact that I have to pay for a service that I don't actually get. /rant

The prices are always kinda steep, but I really like a lot of their clothes. The lingerie in this case is gorgeous for the SD/SD-13 size and totally adorable for the MSD. I can't wait to stick Noah in it. XD

Since the sales photos kinda suck, the items actually look much better~

Yes.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A

Yes, though I'll probably be tempted to just drive there on the weekends from now on.

If the seller kept them in good shape, yes.

8. What did you order?
      SD16 Ami Ayase.

When did you order?
      During the international After-Event for Dolpa 21 (late May '09).

Direct from the company.

Didn't have to communicate with Volks, so nothing to say.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy,

Five weeks, which is way less than what was announced (9-10 weeks).

Definitely.

Yep.

Yep!

Not applicable.

If they issue a mold I like, definitely.

No, but that's only because I do not buy second-hand as a rule!

9. What did you order?
      Elastic, Pastels, Paintbrush, Stringing Tool, Zoukeimura Finishing Powder Spray, Sanding Sponges
      When did you order?
      August 14, 2009
      Directly From Volks USA website
      Excellent when I found out I had one incorrect pastel set shipped to me when I emailed them they replied back the next morning (I messaged them at night) and kept consistent prompt responses as they tried to solve my problem throughout the day. All other messages afterwards were all quickly replied to also.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy with a debit/credit card
      August 17th the original package was shipped out. So decently fast. When my correct pastel set was shipped out, it was shipped out the same day they were delivered the incorrect set of pastels shipped by me, which was on August 26. That shipping time was CRAZY fast. Received my replacement pastels on August 31.
      Yes
      Yup, everything looked exactly like their pictures.
      Yes
      Well when I discovered I was shipped a set of pastels in the wrong color I immediately emailed them and was given a reply the next day asking for pictures of the incorrect item sent. Which I then sent, and Volks replied asking for me to ship it back to them with tracking and they will reinburse the shipping by postal money order. So when the package I sent to them arrived they immediately sent out my correct set of pastels with full postal money order shipping reimbursement and sent me the tracking number. I'm completely happy with the way their customer service dealt with the problem and how fast they were of fixing it.
      Of course!
      this company's products second-hand?
      Depends on the item's condition.

10. What did you order?
      Volks SDC Boy Toki, MSD shoes

When did you order?
      August 27th, 2009

Direct from Volks USA

Wonderful considering I was purchasing a limited doll not available on the website that I had been told they had gotten in stock from a friend. They told me how to order via their website in order to have him added to my order and it went very smoothly.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy enough. I ordered a pair of boots and put a note, as instructed, at the bottom of the order for my boy and they simply added him in at the final invoice. I paid via credit card.

He was shipped the same day I ordered him and arrived in a week! I was very impressed by how quickly my order went out.

I fell in love with Toki when I'd seen a friend of mine's boy, so getting my own I was just as happy. I think the SDC body is fantastic and very fun to pose with. It has wonderful natural posture, and Toki's limited outfit was even more detailed than I had thought. The boots I ordered were also very nice. So yes, I think the quality and the price were comparable.

I'd seen Toki in person, so I knew what to expect, but I don't think Volks's pictures can express what great personality this doll has. All in all though, I think the photos are a fairly good representation, though.

Yes, very much so.

N/A

Most definitely, seeing as this is my second entry on this page.

I have and I would again as I've found them to be very consistent.

11. What did you order?
      16 mm Silver metallic eyes, ZM Finishing Powder Spray UV-Cut

When did you order?
      September 9th, 2009

Direct from Volks USA

Fine. Sent me a confirmation email after I ordered and when it shipped.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy. Used Credit/debit card just like any other online store.

About a week I think. Not super fast, but decent.

Generally. The ZM spray was reasonable, but I only bought it because everyone seemed to be out of MSC at the time. The eyes were a decent price but I'm not impressed with the quality.

Not really, as far as the eyes go. When I saw them on the website I loved them. I got them out of the box and they looked pinkish, so much so that I thought they sent me the wrong color. Different lights make them different colors, but it looks like the sliver material is tarnished around the iris, giving them a sort of purple-ly-pink cast. They're ok, just not as nice as I expected.

Eh. For the price I guess so.

Didn't try. I figure its not worth trying to deal w/ the hassle of returning the eyes and them trying to find a pair that are nicer looking. I'll just have to stick them in and see how they end up looking in the doll.

Maybe. I'm not happy that it cost $12 for a small, light box and that they PUT MY PHONE # ON THE BOX. If I do order from them again I'm definitely going to ask them not to do that as I don't want my information sold or something.

Depends on what it was. I'd have to see pictures and stuff of course.

12. * What did you order?
      Dollfie Head Cap, Doll Wig Stopper and ZM Make Pastel/Base
      * When did you order?
      9/28/09
      Directly (Volks USA)
      Good. They sent along the extra mangas that I requested.
      Easy. I used my credit card.
      They arrived 10/2/09
      Yes
      Yes. The pastels are smaller then I expected though...but I don't think you need that much.
      Yes. My dolls wig actually stays on her head now!
      N/A
      Of course.
      If it was from a reputable dealer, or someone on DoA with good feedback.

Note: I requested all the free mangas they had with my order, and I got them! They are very cute and informative.:D And I had no idea you automaticlly get a Volks membership card when you order from them, so that was a nice suprise as well.

13. What did you order?
      MSD Mihmi

When did you order?
      September 21, 2009

Directly through the company (Volks International website)

None since I didn't contact them. However, I received order confirmation in 2 days followed by a shipping notice.

How easy was it to pay?

Very easy. PayPal

Around 5 days. (EMS)

Definitely.

Way more beautiful than sales pics. :)

Very satisfied.

N/A

Definitely.

Depends on item's condition.

14. * What did you order?
      Volks SD girl Megu Renewal Model
      WT-06 Eyelashes for SD in Brown
      SD Dollfie headcap

* When did you order?
      August 4th, 2009

Directly from Volks International website

Excellent, I received updates of order confirmation, payment initiation, payment completion, and shipment.

Very easy. I requested Pay Pal and they gave me detailed instructions on how to use that method.

It shipped the next day and arrived extremely fast.

Very much so. The quality was above and beyond what I expected (and I have very high expectations from Volks).

The product looked much better in person than in the sales pictures.

Extremely satisfied.

n/a

In a heart beat.

Yes, I would. However, I prefer to buy new from the company if the items are still available.

15. * What did you order?
      Tenshi-no-Koromo's Fluffy Angel Set, MSD Elastic Cord (2m), Tenshi-no-Hair Brush (literally a toothbrush), and Dollfie Wig Shampoo & Conditioner.
      * When did you order?
      November 22nd, 2009
      Directly from Volks USA online. ^^
      Fantastic! I received a confirmation order e-mail as soon as I placed the order and then a shipping e-mail a few days later.
      Very easy & quick with credit card.
      Around 10 days, including weekends. Probably 7 business days.
      Definitely! The dress fit nicely on my DOC (surprisingly) and although the hairbrush is virtually a toothbrush with a fancy name and nice grip shape, it does its job well. Haven't tried the wig shampoo/conditioner yet, and have not used the elastic MSD cords either.
      Most definitely!
      Yes!!!
      Definitely, if I find another item I truly love or need more dolly care products. X]
      That would depend on the item's condition and what the item is and if the price is the same or lower than Volks' price. Several factors do determine whether I would, but if it's anything like the quality on the website, then yes!

16. * What did you order?
      A red SD loveseat, SD16 kimono, katana kit

* When did you order?
      Dec 3, 2009

Directly from the Volkusa website

Perfunctory in the sense of the automated email telling me they got my order and the shipment date.

Easy. Paid with credit card on the website.

They shipped out the same day via UPS. Although I really had to scratch my head at UPS since I was following the tracking, and according to the info, the shipment arrived in BC the next day (which is only a province away from me), and then the next business day, they shipped it back out to Oregon and then Washington, before coming back to the same place in BC. It's quite bewildering why UPS did that.

Yes, although I do feel the kimono was way overpriced.

Yes, they did.

Yep, me and my dolls enjoy them immensely.

N/A

Maybe. The prices are very daunting, though. Not to mention the customs charge *lol*

Maybe. It depends on whether I really take a fancy to the item in question, and whether it's in good condition.