1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks fetish? (I hope nobody is offended by this)

Aug 25, 2004

1. My first 2 bjd's were Volks. But Doll ZOne really has my attention. *sighs* So many good looking dolls.

2. I'm like this for Souldoll.

While I do not limit myself to this brand, I think they have the most beautiful dolls and they're the only company where I found myself having to decided between multiple sculpts as to which is my favourite.

Most companies will have one or two sculpts that I like, Souldoll tends to have many that I really like.

3. Gosh this is an ancient thread :D

I love Volks, they'll always be my favorite. I also have a big fondness for Cerberus Project and K-Doll. I'm sure I'll buy some other brands again someday, too, but I really prefer Volks bodies and sculpts and just the whole brand image.

4. Minimee heads for me ALL the way.

I don't think I could enjoy this hobby as much without them.
      So I'm really grateful towards Denny for creating the project!

And Volks is my closet Fetish, I LOVE looking at Volks dolls, specially when everything about them is perfect (faceup, wig, clothing, setting, etc). The resin makes them look really nice on photos.

Sabriell

5. I seem to hold on to my Volks dolls more often than I do my dolls from other companies. I used to have a Migidoll Miu, a Crobidoll Lance, Minimee, two So-Nyeon Gi dolls, Soom... But they have all left my family. x___x Only my three Volks dolls have managed to stay. I love the weight and quality of the resin and of course the sculpts.

I still love other company's dolls, but Volks will always be my favourite. ♡

6. Hmm, CP, DoD, Volks, and Lumedoll have done me in.

I have three CP (one original Minifee`, before they went to fairyland, a Dreaming Luwen (resident floating head) and a DES)

Two DoD (LE Kalix and DoT Camine)

I love the Volks FCS sculpts and Volks Liz, also Volks Kun.

I also have a Kazekids Pepper (LOVE the headsculpt for little lolita girls)

and I'm soon to get a Lumedoll Saiph (Chevy here I come!)

7. haha it started as Volks, but for some reason am really leaning towards the DOD...even if at some points they look the same.

They are still my favorite if not Volks

8. Volks dolls were the very first I ever saw, and I didn't really like them much at all! XD I did get interested in the hobby though, and eventually bought dolls from other companies. My favorite at the beginning of my time in the hobby (back in 2005) was definitely Dollshe, and I owned a Hound and eventually a Bermann from them, as well as some dolls from CP/Luts, AngelRegion, K-Doll, & Dolkot. In the end though, I swung around full circle and really got into Volks, and now that's all I own, and all I plan to collect from here on out. :)

9. Iplehouse and SOOM! <3

10. I love Volks!! My dream doll is VOLKS and I got one recently. Then my love to Volks just get biggerand bigger, I think I will have to work harder than ever.

11. I don't have my doll yet, but if I had to pick one I would have to say Dream of Doll. They are just stunning.

12. When i first discovered bjds the first website i came across in my investigation was volks...i thought they were pretty nice. But upon further googling, i eventually came across Dream of Doll. I now think volks isnt so nice anymore (no offense). I looked throught all the websites, forums, and different makers of dollfies and came to the conclusion, DOD all the way. Of course there are a FEW exceptions from some companies. My next boi id like to start saving for is a DOD Kirill. So im a pretty big DOD fan.....thanx!

13. 95% of my dolls are from the same company. I just adore them and their good quality :D

14. I've been in the hobby for a little while, about five years I guess, and my tastes are still pretty much the same. While my doll family has changed over the years, the only consistant factor is that all my dolls are girls, and all my girls are Volks. I just... I have the thickness and the weight of the resin. I love the consistant resin tones. I love way the joints look... I love the company's interaction with fans/customers. Is Volks perfect? No, of course not. Every now and then I am annoyed when an article of clothing isn't, in my definition, well-made. Also, some other companies' dolls have a broader range of poses or resin tones, but after all my years of looking (and some of those Iplehouse dolls have screamed at me), I always see something in another company's product that doesn't mesh with my doll scheme, and it is back to Volks I go.

15. I'm not a fan of Volks myself, the faces generally are too broad and childish for me and the mature faces look kind of... haggard? to me. Also I like my dolls' bodies to be very posable, so I find volks is a bit lacking.
      My big doll "fetish" is CP, over half my doll heads were made by them. The others are Luts. I have Luts, CP, Dollndoll and Dollfamily bodies, all SD size. The Luts JDF is the worst engineered, Dollfamily the most posable, CP (type 3) the most innovative and the Dollndoll the most aesthetically pleasing. The SDF is good too.