1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks fetish? (I hope nobody is offended by this)

Aug 25, 2004

1. My company preferences are for Alchemic Labo and Volks without any hesitation. I prefer the resin, the joints and the body structure.

But my personal favourite individual dolls are Deep Sorrow from Custom House and Dollshe Agaci. I love the Cebee head from CH and my April Agaci seems more 'real' to me than any of the other dolls *laughs at myself* ^^

I think on the one hand it's fun to have a fetish and a preference and I certainly have that for Volks, but that doesn't necessarily mean I have the strongest emotional bond with an individual doll because it has a much better body or resin.

2. I have two dolls, and none of them are Volks. ^_^;;

I have a HappyDoll and an Unoa so I can't really tell. But I can say that none of the Volks dolls except the limited one like Shirou and Isao caught me.

I love Alchemic Labo (my first choice for their Unoa) a lot more (strictly dolls speaking). I would have say HappyDoll too back when they were still making Aidan but not anymore.

So now my favorite is Alchemic Labo and Custom House. Their Unique Ai are all gorgeous and the clothes! *_* The CH clothes and shoes are fabulous. I'm lucky to own a sold out CH jacket and CH pants along with those elusive black boys boots. They are wonderfully made.

So yeah, Volks doesn't do it for me. Sorry! *hides*

3. Well...my doll fetish is LUTS Ceberus Project (but have ordered also from CH and Volks :o OH NOOOO)

Shoefetish is Custom House

Clothing fetish is LUTS and Souldoll :D

so I have my brands to keep my fetish sides satisfied :wink:

Huggles from

Fetishy Sabriell :wiggle

4. Have to say, when I first came to BJDs, and had seen them on the net, it was Volks all the way for me. I was so set in my 'plans' for what I would buy... which of course totally changed.

Now I've 'met' a CH girl, DOD girl and boy, HappyDoll, Shinma and Volks boys and of course my own CP... (and I feel most honoured in meeting all of them - they're all utterly gorgeous!) well, I think I'm a bit biased, but I absolutely ADORE my Elf El. I love his pose-ability (the hip-joint... <3), and his delicate little hands are fast becoming my favorite thing. I like the eye sculpts, and the lips too... hehe. And I'm also seriously impressed with Luts as a company too (just how they handle their customers, the 'complete-ness' of the doll upon arrival etc).

But Volks of course is sort of like the holy grail still, because of their range of dolls, their limiteds and of course their accessories, etc. I'm especially very... er, fangirl-ish I think is the best description, over their SD13 boys, particularly the Tokyo group. ^___^ Their boy head moulds are fantastic, and I'm still in love with the F29...

lol. I think for me, it depends on the individual doll a bit, although I have to say I never fell madly in love with Ai, or HappyDoll. I'm seriously tempted my DOD's Tender Zen though!

5. I fall in love with dolls everyday, but the only ones I ever feel compelled enough to buy are Volks. F29/new 17 was, is, and will always be my first love. The only way I could top that is getting my mitts on a Shirou or Cecile. Which I will, one day, somehow.

6. For me it comes down to quality in sculpting. I never buy anything I can make or sculpt better than. That's my major hang up at the moment with Happydoll Arthur. I LOVE LOVE LOVE his face, but I'm not sure I like the body. It looks a lot like the body I sculpted for my handmade BJD... which gives me hope for my sculpting abilities, but makes me unsure of liking his body. :/

I like Volks bodies but I'm not crazy about them. I HATE the nipples on the boys. If I got a body I'd have to sand down his nipples. But then nipples or lack there of on dolls and characters is a huge pet peeve of mine. XD;; I'd like to have an SD13 body since it seems to be the largest girth wise(with the exception of the ohsotallandsexy bermann) and if I sew for him it'll at least sort of fit the other dolls. XD

For the most part tho, I love CP Luts. The boy doll is absolutely sexy. I have a shiwoo elf, and although his default head is uber fem, the body is so much more mature than a Volks. I like his chest enough that the poor dear runs around without a shirt on much of the time.

I think I just have a fetish for BJDs in general. There are aspects of each company I like and dislike. I hate how many seams/shim lines are on Volks and the feel of their resin. I hate how the boy Luts doll's back is extremely arched. I hate how CH's Gene's nose has an unfinished look- like the undercuts were weird. But I can't think of anything I don't like about Unoa except that she's hard to get. XD

7. I would say it's a tie between Volks and Alchemic Lab. They are the ones who have created my favorite BJDs. I just love Volks body sculpts and their wonderful variety of headmolds and they have the cutest MSD ever imho. ^_^ Oh and then there are the wonderful Volks boys. Lucas, Chris, SD Michael, Isao, etc. All stunning.

Then there is Alchemic Lab...can't say enough about Araki-san and his gorgeous U-noa. :)

I like Luts a lot, but they have yet to release a doll that really steals my heart. Lovely body sculpts though...

[edit] CP has risen up there and is another favorite of mine. I like DES alot and El is quite gorgeous (though I admit it took alot of time for me to finally decide on El for Kiryuu's body). Still, Volks is probably my #1 though.

8. Hrm...I'm not a real fan of any company, though I like certain headmolds. It's kinda like how I have trouble picking a favorite band, because I generally like specific songs across a wide range of different styles and artists.

That said, I'd say CP is the company I like the most. I'm in love with El and Chiwoo...ah, so pretty. I find that I like the Korean-made dolls more than the Japanese ones. I guess that goes along with my preference for the look of Korean anime over Japanese anime. A subtle difference that I'm not sure I can explain...but it's there. The only Volks dolls I like are the SD13 boys. Perhaps if I come into a chunk of cash I'll go for FCS, which is my favorite thing about Volks...a doll you can completely customize in one go!

9. I think that in terms of head molds, I'm not a fan of just one company, my favorites are from Volks, Customhouse, CP and Alchemiclabo . . .but I think I like Volks and CP bodies the best, from what I've seen. I think we're lucky to see so many beautiful doll sculpts, and have so much choice. :D

10. Well let me say first that i have TONS of respect for volks and the dolls they make- I realize they are great quality- and volks is really the Icon as far as BJD's go. With that being said.......I don't really care for most of the faces- or bodies ( thick ankes). Not enough to purchase one anyway - who knows what they will come up with down the line? That is just my personal peference- not right or wrong- good or bad. It is just how I see them. And it is in no offense to anyones dolls at all. Alot of people - friends even.... don't care for my dolls......and thats OK.

Unoa (Lusis- actually)is my favorite doll so far- although she does have a few downsides as well- she is a fidgity doll- as far as her face and eye mechanism goes- as well as her horns(so I have been told) and her ears go.....it just takes a little getting used to - and you have to be more careful than with the solid face dolls... but her body is so pretty, the resin outstanding......she poses and stands on her own very well. I just love her.By far my favorite- so far.
      I also have 5 customhouse dolls- the uniques I have being my favorite..... all of them pose and stand very well... They could use some more flexibilty in the joints...... but if you are mostly displaying and want the prettiest faceups ever........they are so nice.

2 peakswoods dolls- Cue and opening eyes cue- the bodies are pretty to me- especially the color- a creamy white. Hands are a little flat-hehehe. They need help (wiring) in the standing/sitting department- and also have "egg heads" under those wigs which makes me think they are some alien form of dollhood(:- I think it was done intentionally to give them a waif type delicate face- while allowing them to wear normal size wigs. They are also SD size- rather than their shorter CH sisters- which I really like - for variety.

My notdoll vampire really has a pretty body........ but she also needed wired and could use to have her ankles sueded (which i have not gotten to yet.) And she has an odd face- which is why i bought her :o

My last doll is a pocket fairy- Yoko- and that remains to be seen.

I really like all my dolls- and am trying to have a variety of brands and sizes now- when at first I was kind of judgemental and ONLY liked CH (hence the 5 dolls) I have been mulling over selling a few of my CH so I can buy a CP - LOVE those bodies.......and another unoa- of course........
      Just my two cents :chibi

11. I must admit that I'm quite partial to Volks... their dolls and their philosophy. I like the variety in head molds and even body types, not to mention the incredible quality of their dolls, wigs, eyes, etc. I love how they hold ceremonies for the FCS dolls and seem to care for each of their "angels" as much as their customers do. Also, I've always thought that their motto "We seek creativity" is the best :daisy

That being said, I am a fan of a lot of other types of ball-jointed dolls as well. Angel Region caught my attention because they were the first to offer MSD sized heads on their own, and I really like the fairly recent development of Petite Ai and Pocket Fairy size of dolls!

12. I like dif. companies for dif. reasons...

The Volks resin is unbeatable for the sheer feel of it--the translucence of the faces, the marble-like quality of the bodies.

~ Like Kohya's chest! And the torso sculpt is awesome. Really like a marlbe statue.

Customhouse faces have an intense, almost scary directness. There's a sense of power about them. Maybe that's why their uniques are so great ~ like Azrael.

I think Elutz and Alchemiclabo have the best face scupts.

Isn't it interesting that each company's dolls all look sort of related? :daisy

13. Custom House, DOD, and Luts. <3

14. CP/Luts all the way! I really love looking at other dolls, but every doll I actually plan on getting is a CP doll. I just love the CP bodies and hands, god they have gorgeous hands, and their head sculpts are beautiful. I also have a thing for elves and they do some of the best elves out there in my opinion.

Each company has really wonderful things about it, but I'm pretty devoted to CP at the moment.

15. I definately have a preference for CP dolls, as I now own 3. hehe But really, it's all about the doll to me. I know that sounds lame, but if I like a certain headmold, but not the body, I will do what I can to "frankenstein" my doll together. Intaine is most definately my favorite doll, and she is a SD 4 sisters head on a Lovelyhouse body. I think lots of doll companies have +s and -s to them.

Now, if CP opened up a FCS type thing, well...There'd be no going back for me. LOL

16. Definitely CP for me.

It's all about the hands lately.

Hit me! *_*

17. Right now I have a Volks fetish -- five of our six dolls are Volks -- but I also have a deep devotion to Anu's Bermann (our sixth doll is a Bermann).

I really admire Customhouse, Cerberus Project, and Alchemic Labs dolls, but I only have so much money to go around!

So for now, my devotion (and money) has gone to Volks and Dollshe.

I'm trying not to fall in love with Chiwoo. Kuwamiko, I fear, has already fallen for CustomHouse's Mars and Jupiter and wants to bring them home within a few years.

18. Volks is my first love, and I can't imagine anything else for Azure, but I like other dolls too. Company name doesn't really matter as much as the particular doll sculpt. I'm still torn between an F-17 and a CP El for Angel. They both suit his personality so well, and either would work for his twin brother too, in case I decide to get him too.

I'd want Hound for Jiiro and for the fifth boy, I'm open to just about anything, but likely another Volks. If I ever got a girl, it would be between a Volks SD13 (well, what would be perfect for her is Madoka) and CH Choa, depending on which character I wanted to come live with my boys.

geez. . . I'm still saving for Azure, haven't started for Angel and I haven't even decided to get Azri and Jiiro yet and I'm already considering a fifth boy and a girl. . .

19. CP/Luts all the way. I do adore Si from Dream of Doll, and right now he is a maybe. The rest I want are CP dolls. They were the first I fell for.

20. Unoa. *wistful sigh* I'm utterly obsessed with them (especially the girls, although I'd someday like to get an Azurite to keep my Fluorite company, assuming I can ever get her assembled *grin*)

However, I adore my Lishe, and there are a number of other dolls I admire and lust after (I *will* have a Hound someday!), so I'm pretty much an equal-opportunity doll fiend ;)

Unoa just holds a special place in my heart!!

-- Andi :>