1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks fetish? (I hope nobody is offended by this)

Aug 25, 2004

1. I love dolls from all different companies. :grin:

I have one Volks doll whole (Kohya), one hybrid Volks/Souldoll (F-16 head/SouldDoll Boy Body), and one hybrid Volks (Tohya with a Volks girl body. So some might assume that I like Volks dolls the best. However, I ALSO have two Angel Region Little Fair (Ren boy and Dana girl), and I'm about to get a Dollshe Hound from Anu. And I plan to get a Dollshe DO Bermman as well, from one of Anu's limited releases (he's picked a name already....I'm screwed - he'll be coming home).

And I'm bravely trying to resist (and failing miserably) a Soah by Rainman... **swoons**

So...let's see...that's four different companies...oh, and I still have no idea what head Qian is going to settle on, but I DO know he's going to have a CP boy body from Luts, so.....

That's five companies, then. And I would happily whore myself out if I thought I could get a white Unoa by it.....

*_* I think I just like ABJD, period.

2. I have the point of view of a beginner, but I have decided quickly... first dolls I saw were volks, and I admired much their delicacy and detail. But when I saw CP luts I knew those were emant for me. I do totally commune with their faces, expressions and headmolds, and I have yet to see a headmold of any other company that makes me feel the same than cp Luts El, in example. Perhaps CH Jun rang my bell slightly, but not as much as CP boys did, so for me the decision was made... all the dolls I've bought and those I plan to have are CP. The only Volks mold that has ever slightly interested me has been Isao... but limited Volks prices are very backdrawing ^^U

3. I think Volks will always be my first love. Super Dollfies were my first introduction into the magical world of BJDs, so they'll always be in my heart. :chibi

Plus all my favorite dolls ARE from Volks, at least all my fav female dolls. I think Volks needs a little help with their male doll heads, but other then that I'm good. Volks always seems so friendly and organized with tons of stuff for your precious doll (though hardly any of the good stuff is in stock online... :| )

I have to admit that Yder is trying to work his wiles upon me *_* .... but I still wanna start my collection with a few Volks girls. :grin:

PS: My "Holy Grail" doll is also made by Volks... the golden-haired dreaming beauty herself... Sweet Dream Nono.... :chibi (Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm obsessed! :oops: )

4. Volks will always sort of be the pioneer of bjd's to me, but I absolutely adore Dollstown. Their dolls are so strikingly lifelike and amazingly detailed that I just sat and stared the first time that I saw them. The first doll of theirs that I ever saw was a Bandi that had been customized by Evenstar. I think my first girls will have to be Estella and Yeondu. (CP and DOD are always great, too!!!)

5. I'd say that Volks is my favorite BJD maker. My first doll were, out of necessity, Volks dolls, and I tend to like their head sculpts the best overall. Heck, 4 of my 6 dolls (or planned dolls) are Volks, so they "win" by default. LOL. But while they have gorgeous girls, it seems that they are lacking in great boy sculpts, except for LE's. :oops:

And while other companies do have nice resin and gorgeous sculpts, Volks resin is my favorite so far.

BUT, I do love many other companies' dolls too. I adore Unoa, and DOD has the best mini boy sculpts anywhere! :D I also love most CP dolls, especially Yder and Soo, and AR had some sculpts I've considered as well.

6. My group is so weird (3 CP, 1 CH, 3 Volks, 2 Souldoll), I don't think I can say I have a favorite company. I do try to judge dolls on an individual basis rather than whole companies. Although, I dooo favor the Souldolls. Then I'd have to say I enjoy looking at CH and Lovelyhouse. I'm impressed with Volks joints and how they hold a pose, they are wonderfully. They have alot of options, gotta respect that. XD I love my FCS boy from them.

7. I find that I compare every body to the beauty and poseability of the Luts/Cerberus Project body...and none can compare, so far. I have a basic Soah en route, with the more jointed 'mature' body...we'll see if I can get past her pulled back shoulders and lumpy hip joint, I am crossing my fingers!

8. I find that for beautiful faces, I still love Volks best. Of all the dolls I want, few are from other companies. The only ones I'd want would be an Yder, a Leekeworld boy and girl, Peakswoods Yeru, and Bluefairy Sarang. That's a short list for me!

9. The Volks dolls are exquisitely made, and I adore the company philosophy, but the dolls faces in general are just too young looking for me, so I will probably not ever own one.

If I had to say I had a fetish, it would be the large Dollshe boys, Bermann and Hound. Sure wish Dollshe made a girl to scale with those guys, I'd buy her in a heartbeat.

I am also pretty taken with the Narindolls as well.

10. ....I have a fetish for small dolls , I could buy them forever
      and Boys !
      PocketFairys
      I love my 3 and Rainmans Elf dolls

then the extream opposite , Dollshe boys - Hound is my all time favorite

I also find now I have them , Im not interested in owning any others
      I appreciate others :daisy
      but dont want them

I have the Unoa boy comming ..cant wait to get him and a Suntan Sweet -Boy

11. fet·ish also fet·ich (fĕt'ĭsh, fē'tĭsh) An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence

Heh. Yep.

Luts boys. Mythical gods in my own pantheon.

12. I don't know if I could pick just one like that. Tch. If I had to narrow it down, though, my three favorites are Volks, Cerberus Project/Luts, and Alchemic Labo.

Volks have a special place in my heart for always being so impossibly kind to me... from placing a special order for my dream doll to giving me big SD bags to put my little shopping bags in so it'd be easy to carry everything back to the hotel. ^^ And their sculpts--even the ones I'm not so fond of--have such incredible depth, personality, and beauty. I'm still blown away by Andrei every time I look at him... his sculpt is just something of sheer perfection. Amazing.

CP have also gone out of their way for me, and I'll forever be indebted to them for their generosity. When I ordered my Chiwoo way back in 2003, they sent him purely on faith before they'd received the bank transfer, just so I could see him in person before I left for vacation. I'll never forget that. They were so sweet to me. ;w; They also produce an amazing number of sculpts that just amaze me--their body engineering is incredible, and the work they do on faces and bodies is just beautiful. I can scarcely think of a CP doll that I don't love.

And, of course, Alchemic Labo, for producing such rare and unique dolls that consistently blow me away with their engineering and quality. Sist, Lusis, B-el, L-bi, Azurite, Fluorite, and all of the optional faces... they're all produced with such painstaking attention to detail... you can tell that Gentaro Araki is extremely dedicated to putting out his very best in regards to his dolls. And the Unoas have a presence that is almost otherworldly... they're really something else. I thought I'd never have a mini, but leave it to Sist to prove me wrong. :lol:

Wow, I got kind of rambly. Sorry about that! :oops:

~Kalmia

13. I really like customhouse and bluefairy. I think their sculpts are interesting and really wonderful.

14. While I adore my CP boys, there's just something that makes me like Volks more. It's not just that I have found more Volks head molds that I'm drawn to or like their slightly heavier bodies, but it's that with Volks, I feel like I'm connected to something greater than just the dolls. Between the shops, Tenshi no Sato and Dolpa, one can base an entire trip to Japan on Volks -- and I have twice. Plus, their whole philosophy of adopting, rather than buying a doll and the lovely omukae ceremonies that they do, makes one feel like Volks dolls are more "alive" than other dolls. :grin:

15. I think I love Volks, but I don't fetishize its products or services. I do love the community feel that purchasing from it makes, but when it comes right down to it, I think I will follow a beautiful sculpt of body or face to the ends of the earth, regardless of which company it comes from. However, I don't think that there is anything wrong with having a fetish for any single company's sculpts. If that company's aesthetics and philosophy bests suit what makes you most content with this hobby, then stick with what you know you will love. : )

16. I <3 volks and luts at the moment. but that said i havent got my doll yet and i am still looking to see which one i like best :D

17. <---I have the obvious DOD fetish.
      Both my boys are from DOD.
      I also have a bit of a Pipos fetish. The next two I am getting are Pipos dolls.

18. I think what ends up happening is intially a person might fallin love with one brand of doll then later as your interest in the hobby grows you start finding other dolls that you appreaciate as well.

At first I only liked Volks but now I like Luts ,Rainy, etc....it would be nice if you could limit your hobby to just one company then your pocket book wouldnt cry so much !

19. I lack a favourite company it seems. If anything I make it a goal to get as many different ones as possible. So with a Dollzone, DoD, Narin, Iplehouse and Soom on the way I'm starting out well. Next will prolly be an Unidoll.

I'm personally not fond of Volks or CP dolls though. I find them lacking in expression in a way, so unless they bring out something awesome, they won't be added to the list.

20. I think it would have to be Minifees defiantly.. I think its the a-line body that made my obsession for them grow.... not I just have to get one... >< though Dream of Doll was my total obsession back before I came here to DoA