1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks fetish? (I hope nobody is offended by this)

Aug 25, 2004

1. I have a weird Dollzone fetish I think. I absoultely adore the two boys I have from there. I mean I do have a Dream of Doll. But, I want a third Dollzone! xD I also have a small Minifee fetish. I want a Minifee Shiwoo and Minifee Vampire Elf Woosoo. XD I think honestly it varies on molds really. I do think I have a small fetish for Dollzone molds though. XD

2. haha, I think I actually have a few. DollZone, AS, and Doll Heart's clothes <3

3. Luts is my fav. I love the bodies, the joints are nice and smooth. but I do like DOD as well! :D

4. I definitely have a thing for Volks, though I only have one atm. It's how they try to imbue their dolls with a spiritual quality that I appreciate. I hope that doesn't change. I'm not the "believer" type in general, but there's a certain magic about Volks. Maybe it's their garden at the Sato site, I don't know. But it's not just a company manufacturing things. I've observed this quality with other Japanese-made items (traditional ningyo or swords for example) and perhaps because it's just so antithetical to the typical American business model (ie make more stuff make more money sell out asap etc) that it means more to me.
      I'm not very good at elucidating my thoughts, so I hope the above makes some sort of sense!! XD

Raven

5. I think I have a Dollzone fetish ;_; Everytime I turn around they come out with something I like. I'm in love with three of their MSDs and I love their SDs especially the new 70cms and Floy.

6. Ah, hm. I can't say I have any fetish in particular.

Perhaps I have certain... loyalty to Lati, them being the creators of the first BJD's that I saw that immediately caught my interest, and the makers of my first BJD. And I really love their sculpts.

But really, all of my dolls on my top wishlist come from different companies, in some cases even the heads and bodies come from different sculptors. I would want to own more Lati dolls, but after I've gotten all of my other dolls. I seem to be drawn to the korean dolls, though.

As for Volks.... I've yet to see a Volks sculpt that caught my interest even for a second, to be honest. I just don't really like their style of sculpting.

...I'm by no means saying they're a bad company, by the way. It's just my personal taste - their dolls are a bit too stylized for me.

7. Oh yes, I do have a fetish for Dollstown....ever since Estella...I just can't help it!!!! The way AnJonghak sculpts just brings them to life....it's just poetry in motion.....Yes, I must admit I am a Dollstown addict.........:roll:

xen :)

8. I love Dollzone, and Volks they both work for me for different reasons
      DZ is a harder angular sculpt, while Volks is Softer and round
      A yin Yang balance. plus both are expertly crafted.

9. I'm AoD loyal, but it's the Hound guys I have a fetish for, I suppose. :3

10. My fetish is ALL BJD's each is very unique and appealing to me and my wallet:lol:

11. My fetish is for Dollstown, too.

I have been to the Volks store in LA several times, but (with no offense to anyone or to Volks) I just can't find anyone that I absolutely fall in love with.

Dollstown, that's a different story. I don't know what it is, their lifelike looks or what, but I just can't get enough.

12. i would have to say Luts
      even though my first 2 dolls will be pukis
      i LOVE Luts
      most of the dolls i'm going to get next are from there
      i also like DOD and Crobi and Volks
      but defiantly not as much as Luts

13. I would have to say my favorite is Dollstown. I would love to own all of their head sculpts. They just really speak to me.
      Robin

14. Dollshe was my first love and will always be, though I dont own any Dollshe boys YET I will someday.

15. I'd have to say my true brand fetish (to use your wording X3) is a tie between Iplehouse and Soom. I love D.O.D. and Luts too, but the majority of my dolls on my wish list are definitely IH and Soom. :aheartbea I adore those dolls so much, the top ones that have captured my heart come from those two companies.

16. lol, If I had one it would definitely be DoD. :D Secondly I really like AS and Volks Yo SD molds. So cute ~ X3

17. I think Dollshe has some of the most exquisite sculpts I have ever seen. They were my first love and I hope someday I will be able to bring one home ^^.

18. I have to say I don't have a favourite company, and am interested in beauty wherever it's found. However, that said, I will always have a fondness for Volks because the SD13 was the first bjd I saw, and the first dolls I ever saw in person were Volks dolls too. At the moment, the only boys I have from the same company are His Majesty and Flynn, both of whom are (coincidentally) Volks dolls. Flynn has a Domuya body though. :D

However, I have a second Soom boy on the way, and have no intention of limiting my family to one company only boys in the future. :D (I say I will stop with Gormenghast. But this is unlikely to be true; I would never say never. XD)

19. Volks is my favorite because of the resin! Even when I see a doll from another company I just imagine how different the resin would be.

Also I love the FCS options, I luv the Volks tan and the almost flat boobies.

And my all time favorite dolly is the F-22 so to me it's pwetty clear.
      I have had many different kinds of dolls before but Volks resin is just perfect for me.

ps: I would make an exception for a SD sized Unoa Sist with small chest and than in tan :D and I would still really like to adopt a Peakswood girl someday.

Also i think I'm one of the few or only person who prefers the regular balljoints (at the arms) than the double jointed stuff :(.

20. I'll admit to being a Volks whore first and foremost; most of my dolls are, and if I come across an artist head I adore, the first thing I want to know is if there's a Volks body that will fit/match it. That said, there are some Volks sculpts I don't love and there are plenty of other makes scattered in amongst my crew. If I had to pick a favorite, though, it'd be Volks; I love the sculpts, the feel of the resin, and the bodies are amazingly well constructed. I think they'll always be my yardstick when I look at another doll.