1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks fetish? (I hope nobody is offended by this)

Aug 25, 2004

1. You know, I just am not sure. So far I have ordered 3 dolls and 1 head, and none of them are from the same company. I suppose, though, if I had to pick a company that I favored or would be likely to buy more than one doll from, it would probably be Soom or Volks.

2. Souldoll, at the moment, but for most of my bjd fandom, it was Volks. I guess my taste in doll style just changed.

3. Soom. And not even just their limiteds and Super Gems and Mecha Angels, while those are all incredibly beautiful, I haven't managed to get any yet. What my fetish is for is the regular Gem's. I've got 2 so far and can definitely see my self ending up with a few more. I just love their style, it's so weirdly unique. Huge eyes and pouty little lips! They're just so cute!

I have a dollzone mini fetish I guess. I just really like their minis and keep ending up with them!

4. I think my fetish is for Leeke- their D's are just soooooooo painfully cute it kills me and I am falling in love with so many of their L boys that I just don't know what to do!

5. I am a volks boy all the way. I love the quality of their dolls, from the resin to the jointing to the sculpting. I have yet to see any other company putting out such a quality product. I have owned dolls from other companies but they never stayed for long. I also just love the sense of community promulgated by Volks. They work hard to make sure that their customer's wants and desires are addressed and taken care of. They travel half way around the world to throw us (U.S. collectors that is...) parties and offer us service we could only get by going to Japan. IMHO They are just doing everything right...:)

6. I have dolls from several different companies but I have a fetish for Elfdoll and Soom. I have the largest number of dolls from Elfdoll and Soom is next.

7. Personally, I have bit of a thing for Souldoll, and have done so ever since I got my lovely Ciel. (He's a limited JinWoo.) I adore the three new boy sculpts they recently released and the new realistic style they seem to be leaning towards is amazing. So yeah, if I had to say I had a 'fetish' for a particually company, Souldoll would be it. :sweat

I don't see what's so great about Volks. :| (Don't hate me for saying it, but that's the truth of how I feel.) In my eyes, there are companies out there who have far more attractive head sculpts than Volks and I actually consider most of the Volks faces to be rather bland (Meaning that they have never captured me in the way other dolls have). I'm also not a fan of their face-ups. Perhaps the quality is better in terms of resin etc, but I've never handled a Volks so it's not my place to say.

That being said, I do intend to bring home a School A head sometime in the future, as this is the only Volks head which I actually like. But he probably won't even have Volks body if I can find him something else.

All of my dolls are from different companies. I don't have two from the same, and apart from the new Souldoll releases, I tend not to favour one company over the other. I find they all have different dolls which will suit different characters, and it's just a case of finding one that will suit the character I'm currently searching for. :)

EDIT: Forgot to add that I also love DIM for inventing the Minimee option. xD

8. Looking around at my collection... I guess I have some kind of thing for Cerberus sculpts. :sweat

'Have to admit, though, that I do like the weight of my Volks' guy's resin. Hideo is one heavy, solid piece of resin engineering, even if the bod isn't the best-sculpted or most flexible of the lot.

9. Dream Of Doll is my favorite. All about the sculpting and the beautiful color of the resin. I do have a boy from Volks, but he's the only mold I like from that company. But the resin of Volks is excellent! The pure skin color is just a little too yellow to my taste.

10. I... fetish over happy dolls more than I do for a brand, really XD;

11. For me, my fetish company is Blue Fairy. I would just LOVE to have every single Tiny Fairy in both genders. XD;;;

12. I own 52 dolls from 25 different manufacturers - and not one is a Volks.
      My fetish would probably be adult-looking dolls.

13. I only have one doll and she is from Volks. She is the Nono model and that is really the only model I care for from Volks. I am not into any of the others. As for Luts I love them. I don't own own any yet, but I hope to. I have lots of Luts brand doll pics on my computer for my screensaver. Hahaha, but recently I have alos noticed one particular doll from Doll Zone I ofund interesting. So, as far as "fetish" I am not sure. I love the lips on the luts dolls, but in general I am interested in the cute girl dolls. So I dunno.

14. My fetish company would have to be Dollzone. I really like their dolls.

15. FIFTY TWO!!! OMG!!! you have to have the most bjd's out of everyone!

16. Dream of Doll are my favourite but i wouldn't say i have a fetish for them...

i see a lot of people brands like Volks and wonder what the hell the fuss is all about. maybe there's something awesome about them i'm not seeing...?

i guess, if it's pretty then i like it :)

17. Since 2/3 of my doll crew are Luts, I have to say I probably have a CP/Luts fetish. Delf Moon was my first love, so every doll I encounter is measured against him in some way or another. I treasure my non-Luts dolls too, of course, but CP is my standard. I'd like to own a Volks someday--I think the fan-club aspect of Volks ownership would be loads of fun--but not one of their sculpts have spoken to me yet. Not even Irvin.

BTW, Absynthe, it sounds like a lot (and a *$@%# of a lot of money!) to me too, but 52 dolls is far from the largest collection. 101 is the largest I know of off the top of my head, but I know there are bigger collections yet!

18. . . .Yeah, definitely a Volks girl. My first was a Volks, and I guess her style wormed its way into my heart.

I like the heavy, solid feeling of their resin. The dolls I've owned from other companies (Dollzone, Elfdoll) felt so delicate in my hands, like I could break them just by looking at them. I feel more secure with Volks dolls -- I'm clumsy so their tank-like engineering is good for me. They all stand like rocks too! I do wish they'd come out with double-jointed SD10 and SD13 bodies, but that's my only complaint about their posing.

I think a lot of people don't like Volks because all they see is the stock pictures of the dolls. Unlike most other companies that have beautiful stock pictures in which the doll looks better than it does IRL or in owner pictures (Dream of Doll, I'm looking at you!), I think Volks stock pictures make them look somewhat bland and not anywhere near as pretty as they are IRL. I never liked MSD Magie/Myu/Sakura or SD13 Amakusa until I saw owner pictures of them. After seeing how nice they could be thanks to owner pictures, I purchased both and now they're my favorites!

My lone non-Volks doll (a Fairyland Puki Sugar) has the same solid, sturdy feel and stylized features I like about Volks, and I think that's why she's stuck around when all my other non-Volks dolls have been sold. It makes me want to try bringing a Minifee home one day :).

19. I have a fetish for happy/smiling dolls, not so much for Volks. I only like a few Volks dolls, actually, one being my dream doll. The rest just don't suit my tastes. :)

20. I don't have a doll yet, but most of the ones I like are from Dream of Doll. I'm not a big fan of the clothes they sell a la carte though.