1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks in europe

Sep 2, 2007

1. *snicker*, part of me still can´t believe they named their company after Volkswagen (or was that just an urban legend ^-^).

anyways, should you come over here, I´d gladly play translator if ever necessary ^-^.

2. I hope this is true, one thing that is putting me off ordering from Volks is the customs charges. It would be great to visit a store in person too :D

3. Hm. I don't know, but putting the shop in Munich rather than Nuremberg would be more logical, it's a lot bigger and beter connected (although with the excellent German train system, it's a snap to travel between cities anyway). Apart from Munich and Berlin, another good location would be Düsseldorf -- Japanese banks have their European offices there, so it's got the largest Japanese expat population of Europe.

4. Sounds like an urban legend to me ;) Although it's a fitting name for their company...what else would you call a company that produces little 'people'?

From a purely selfish point of view, I'd rather Volks opened a Sumika in the UK :lol: But I think it would be more likely that the would open a Tenshi no Sumika in Paris. Lots of Japanese tourists make a beeline for Paris, so the Volks staff (almost universally Japanese or of Japanese descent) wouldn't be stuck somewhere completely cut off from their culture and language, and a some of Volks' fashion collaborators have stores in Paris. Baby, The Stars Shine Bright has a boutique there, for instance. It would also give Volks the opportunity to collaborate with some of the powerful Parisian fashion houses, which would make me squeal with happiness. I would love to see Chanel and Dior produce one-off outfits for Super Dollfie and Christian Louboutin heels for the SD16 girls *sigh*

I would love to have FCS available in Europe, although if all prices were in Euros the exchange rate would cripple buyers who aren't part of the single currency. It would be nice to go to Paris for the weekend to design a doll though :)

5. As a total Britophile, I´d be all for Volks in the UK...all the more reason to cross the Channel now and then (like, London DolPa or something...oh well, a gal can dream >^.^<).

I wouldn´t mind Paris, too, though I´ve forgotten all of my school French.

6. I would absolutely DIE!!!! Parisian fashion for the SD16 girls?!?!?!!?!?!?! SIGN ME UP!!!!

7. I think those girls were born to model in Paris, I would love to see President Shigeta and Karl Lagerfeld shaking hands over a Chanel-clad SD16 Ruby :D :aheartbea

8. I would love for it to be in the UK :D
      The biggest Japanese community I know of here is in London. I think it's called Clivendale? It's about a 20min journey on the underground from Oxford Street I think. I know there are loads of Japanese book shops and Asian supermarkets down there. There used to be an awesome manga shop but they closed it down :(

Paris would also be great. It's would be an easy journey since we have a train that goes there.

9. If Volks opened a store in Paris...
      That might endanger my bank account.....
      Think about it....
      A weekend in Paris with visits to Sumika for FCS and then another weekend visit to Paris to bring it back! No customs, No VAT, No Parcelforce!

10. Got to put that on my to go-list next time I´m in London :).

11. Well, if they do it, I sure do hope it's not in Munich. I live in Munich. Now, me and a Volks store in the same city ... uh-oh ... But it would be so great if they opened a store in Europe! I could finally start saving for my FCS in earnest. Now the only problem is that the two heads I like most are both Sato only ... *sigh*

12. *shares the dream*, FCS and Dolpas at driving-distance, that would indeed be heaven :aheartbea

13. FCS in Europe, well, I'm all for that ^_~
      I really hope we might at least get an online Dolpa for Europe! That would be great! Honestly, anything would be wonderful...

14. They are only retailers TT .

Here it is the link just if you want to take a peek:

- Les Golfes

i would not mind at all for that to happens XDD.. an excuse for visiting Paris frequently XDD.

15. actually it's a D.O.D official dealer, isn't it?
      well, hope they consider spain x)

16. This is still like in the extreme rumour area. Like they said Volks was planning to open a store in London ( London 2012. Lots of people / Lots of trade ). That was completely quashed by them sending me an email saying "Absolutely not".
      When there is a volks official "Were thinking about opening a store in Europe" post. Then I will get excited. Until then we can all just succumb to the fact it isn't going to be this year. Nor next. Possibly 2 years. USA heard rumours 5 years before Volks even got -near- there.
      Either way they would go for a larger city. London / Paris / Berlin / Madrid. I honestly doubt they would go for smaller towns.

17. Yes thats what I meant. I'm pretty sure this is an official dealer for Volks because Volks do not allow people to buy dolls from them specifically for resale unless they are official dealers.

They seem to be dealers for many doll companies.

18. Paris, London, Berlin, anyplace in the EU would be fine with me :aheartbea With all the travelling options to bigger cities anyplace seems quite close by. (And I wouldn't say no to an onlineshop in the EU).

19. I think I would prefer London as my knowledge of french is long gone.. XD

20. But in France we talk english too ;)
      I dream of a Volks shop in Paris...