1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Interview::How it went

Oct 19, 2005

1. I'd avoid that *_* I think they are really busy, and it would probably be best to wait until they are ready.

2. Having worked in HR, sending a card as a thank you note after an interview always makes a good impression and jogs their memory of you. Definitely better than calling, which more often than not, annoys the potential employer.

3. Definitely seconding what Kelly said. Send a card, and possibly even a small gift. Our sensei in Beginning Japanese stressed that was customary in Japan, too. Ususually something edible.

I found a cute page that discusses more about that: http://eserver.org/zine375/zine1.html

Do not call! Do not call! Do not call! Resist the temptation.

And whenever you do here back from them, make the first thing you say be a thank you for them interviewing and meeting with you. :grin:

4. Someone told me you were supposed to call and check on everything and that it makes them think that you're dedicated? (@_@) Where the hell did they get that from. (O_O)

Hehe! Then send them gummy bears. x3 !!! (^o^)

Well, maybe not gummy bears. x3 SEND GUMMY BEARS AND FRUIT! :D

5. That used to be what I was told, as well, but recently (I think because the job market is so tough) employers *really* don't want to take calls. I've been applying for jobs that have over 100 applicants (sometimes 200+! And these are nothing-special reception positions, etc) so naturally they get annoyed when 50+ people call them about the 'status of their application.' I've been told that sending a note after an interview is much better.

You should send a note and a little gift to the LA Volks manager. Maybe a local food stuff specialty? They would certainly appreciate that (as someone mentioned, gift giving is huge in Japan) and would also, of course, underscore that you are serious about the position and would make a considerate employee.

6. I've been told to call and follow up too, but I think it depends on the situation. Some job adds will specifically say not to call, and I would definitely wait long enough for a potential employer to have been able to have made some kind of decision before calliing and pestering them. It may take a bit of time to interview everybody and then to actually make a decision.

7. The day I got home I sent them an email note thanking them for the interview and telling them I enjoyed it, which I did. :grin: Sending them something sounds nice but since they are all the way in Japan I think I could probably have heard from them and moved out there by then.
      I don't think calling them would work either way since my Japanese is crap XD But is has been a week. I think if they do not contact me within the next couple of days I may send them a polite, short note asking about the status of the application and such.
      A big reason why I am becoming worried is because I need to start making plans to move out there if indeed I am going to. I have a nice apartment complex scoped out by some friends for an ok price and I am afraid they might get all filled up!
      We'll just see how things go over the course of the next couple of days I guess.

Question. If I do get the job should I bring some small gifts? How many do you think I should bring? There were 5 people who were interviewing I should probably plan on more people being there correct?

8. If you want to bring gifts I'm sure they wouldnt mind. I'd say bring five and a couple extras, and, as for emailing them.. I'm sure there are quite a few people going for a job there, you might want to wait a while so they can sort through everything.

9. I am not sure how many people applied there. When they first contacted me I very politely asked if I would be able to see them any other weekend besides the 15/16th and they said no because they would be flying over from Japan for that weekend and only that weekend. They only interviewed people on Saturday and Sunday and they had everyone staggered on an hour shift. The girl before me was just finishing up as I came at 2, I finished a bit before 3 and the next girl was just coming in. So assuming that we were on an hour by hour schedule I would say they probably on interviewed 20 or less people that weekend (that's working 10 hours a day!)

I just thought that was interesting. Despite the low numbers I am sure that they are having a tough decision! They seem to really care about their employees. They asked me a lot of personal questions, in fact most of the interview was personal questions! :D But it was fun. It seems to me like they are going through and really looking at everyone and probably discussing all of us in length XD.