1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks is coming to Los Angeles, CA

May 27, 2005

1. I don't care *where* the shop is, I just think it's great there's going to be a physical US shop, *period!* That's great news--now who knows, maybe one day we can even look forward to "LA Dolpa 1!"

Lia

2. :o This is the BEST news I have heard all day! I am glad they are even considering a shop here in the States period. I hope this means changes for everyone that wants FCS and not pay the crazy amount.

3. So the LA thing is finally officially confirmed. Not surprising of course. *sighs* I'm very happy to have a Volks store in the US, but I am hoping that someday they open one up in NYC. Sure, it's a bit further from Japan but we do have an excellent transportation system and I know that was one concern for them in regards to LA. Anyway, this means easier access to their products. Very good news for all of us US folks.

4. Well, it's not like I was expecting a store in Michigan! Hmm, I've never been to California before... or west of the Mississippi for that matter. Anyone up for a really really long road trip?
      Go Volks!

5. Anyone else planning opening day pilgrimage!?!? I'll be there!

I loves me some road trip.

6. I'm so there. Well, not so much of a pilgrimage for me since I live in LA, then again it's a big city.

7. huahahaah fi someday I et enough money to travel to other country I know exactly where to gooo!
      I dream with the day a store will say:
      "We'll be oppening a store at São Paulo, Brazil" - oh, dreams, dreams.. XD (ok, mine is impossible....)

8. I would prefer SF too, not only to I like it better but it's only 1 hour north of me...but LA is better than NY :)

9. Time to visit my cousins and pick up a Kun :D

10. I prefer to have some distance between me and the money sucking vortex of DOOOOOOOOOOOOM! It is just far enough away to keep me from bopping over there on a Saturday afternoon. And close enough to make a weekend of it *_*

11. Dying for news on whether they will have FCS there or not... or much SD-MSD stuff there or not, for that matter...

there was speculation that the volks store would carry more of their OTHER lines of things, not the SuperDollfie things... but of course it was all speculation, who knows.

Oh MIA K!! I'm sending you over to check out the store for me!!! :D

I wish it was NYC too though.

12. This is such awesome news!!

It'll be nice to finally see the different dolls in person. Wonder if they might consider making a new doll for the opening of this shop?

13. I think that would be likely. They have a new/LE doll for every occasion!

14. The only thing that sucks is that I wont be able to bring my girl down with me as she's a DOD.

Maybe I can pick up a new doll while down there. XD Although I'll be content with just shoes and clothes. *starts rabidly saving already* I wonder when it's actually going to open.

15. Kiya, if you can get yourself to SF, we can DRIVE the rest of the way. In my K3wl-455 CAR.

Caro: HOT DAMN! Road trip. I'm drivin'!

GJ: Caro, just...NO.

Caro: It's black. It's a big black car. I GET TO DRIVE! :evil:

Caro: Oh...don't. <to GJ> Get them down here.

16. This is interesting news! I knew Volks was going to open up an LA shop but now it seem like they're getting more close to a real opening date and it's not just rumors anymore.

It would be really amazing if they offered FCS dolls! I wonder if they'll do their own Dolpa's in the US too so US buyers can get limited dolls easier? So much to think about... I can already hear my bank account groaning and moaning. :oops:

17. *cue Hallelujah chorus*

Something wicked this way comes. The store itself? Or the people coming to the store? Oh, hohohoho.

*runs off to Meetup section*

18. Dolpas aren't thrown by Volks (I don't think...) anyways they can do a US after party that doesn't have crashing servers by being in america :) Maybe a REAL one?

19. Actually, I'm pretty certain Dolpa is done by Volks. They do allow other companies to be dealers there (like Alchemic Lab), but almost everything is for Volks. It's their event mainly and if they wanted to bring one to the US it would be in their power to do so.