1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks is coming to Los Angeles, CA

May 27, 2005

1. Makes sense since they seem to gear their latest and greatest for the Dolpas. How cool it must be to go to one :daisy

2. Either way I don't they they should have one in the US...they can barely handle their japanese ones.

3. Woohoo! I live in LA! I hope they have classes. I would love to go to a class on how to do a face-up!

4. And maybe school heads?

5. Need a date. Need a solid date so I can cash in my frequent flyer miles.

Speculation: Volks will make a special American doll just for big, fat, loud, impatient Americans! YEAH!

Also: really, I just want an excuse to go and eat at Pink's. My "thing" when travelling to new places is to sample the local dog. I started but never making a webpage about my hot dog eating travels. I have heard great things about Pink's chili dogs. I don't give a rat's ass about celebrity watching (that much), but I do care about my snausages.

Oh, and dolls. Also dolls.

6. sweeeeeeeeeet. i cant wait for this! i should get a job there, how cool would that be...lol.......

7. YAYYY!! :D

Another reason to visit my parents!

8. :o

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!

What WONDERFUL FABULOUS NEWWWWWWWWWWS!! hee hee ;) I live in WLA close to the beach but anywhere in Los Angeles is VERY Close for a VOLKS shop. If they open it close by maybe I will get a job there (parttime)! Oh what a DREAM job!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO of course all my extra money would get poured back into Volks, but I wouldn't feel bad about it ahahahhahahahahahahahahahah

I am too stoked for words!!!!! :D

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

9. OMG no Way!!!
      when there was talk about this before, I was totally thinking New York.
      such a great news. Now I can finally physically walk into volks shop and
      look at real dolls with my own eyes. this is dream come true.
      maybe I'll get to see many DOA members at the volks shop. !!!!
      heehee! (can't stop smiling -0-)

10. I'm planning to move to LA hopefully this year if I can scrape together the money... just one more thing for me to look forward to there :grin:

11. oh man, I would totally fly to the other side of the country for this. Just need a date and time.

I would have wept with joy if they had reconsidered NYC. I think it would have fit their needs so well...not that I'm biased or anything... :oops:

12. OH WOW^^
      Us eoropean "BJDers" will have to wait...but anyway, customs and such stuff will run smoother (and cheaper) if we can order from the States.

Literally from an email I got from Volks last week: "We have no plans about opening any Volks store in Europe yet... we will keep you informed in our website ..., thanks for your interest... bla bla bla)

Excuse me but...You lucky bastards(kidding, no offence)

(will hve to "casualy" visit a couple of friends I gues... :oops: )

Anyway, does anybody know when this is supposed to happen?

13. Yet another reason to feel bad for those poor people who don't live in So Cal. ;)

I'm totally excited. I hope they have FCS to save on shipping. Every little bit helps.

14. Oh yes, I'm SO needing a date on this. I was thinking about maybe trying to get down there in July (when my family is driving down the coast to see the Redwoods, which is over half way there), but I just realized.....I have free airline miles! LOTS of them. I've done lots of traveling on family trips over the years, and have a huge PILE of the things just sitting there uselessly in my account...

**starts looking at possible flight options to get to SF**

GAH! Date, Volks! DATE!!!!

Talon: Who's going on a date?

Darryl: No, she means like a calendar date.

Talon: Oh. Damn. And here I was hoping Caro was willing to play with duct tape with me.

Darryl: .........

15. Oh! Heck Yeah! unbelievable..... :o I don't know whether this is *good* or *bad* for me :lol: sooo....... Cool! :chibi

16. :D

That's great! Let's hope that store will be a success ( and I bet it will).

17. I was hoping for Chicago, there's a chance I could get down there (again) but alas. It's still awesome to see a Volks store in the US, though! I hope it's sucessful so that we can get some in other major cities, hopefully one on the east coast or midwest!

18. This truly is great news!! I thought it would be a lot longer before they opened a store here in the US. Too bad it has to be so far from NY :( But it's natural that they'd start in California, since it's much closer to Japan.

Hopefully shipping costs and so on will go down if we can order from them! I need a pure skin Mimi so badly!! :love I'm not sure FCS will be available right away, but yet again, they surprised us by planning to open a shop so who knows?

*sigh* Maybe it's a good thing that it will be so far away... It will give me some self control so I won't spend like crazy! Good luck to all you guys already there! And leave some for the rest of us!! :grin:

19. This is awesome news! I'd absolutely love it if I could get some great Volks stuff without having to pay $20+ in shipping! :grin: Yay for a US Volks store!

20. I remember when another major Japanese shop opened it's doors in the LA area; anyone remember Mandarake the used manga and anime shop? I loved that shop and used to visit it a couple times a year. During Expo I would take out of town friends on a pilgimage there. It was always packed with people, yet Mandarake up and left the US onlly 4 years later.
      Lots of locals made big busienss on eBay buying stuff there and selling it to people accross the country at inflated prices, some of these sellers even made deals with unsuspecting shop employees to keep new things under the counter only for them.
      At the end it was a big scandal, cause non-Japanese employees were selling under the table using the Mandarake name on things that they themselves didn't own.

I really hope that Volks stay in the US and that nothing so terrible as happened to Mandarake drives them out.