1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks is coming to Los Angeles, CA

May 27, 2005

1. LOL! We call them "snausages" too!!! Hey, now don't laugh, but have you ever tried the dogs at Costco? Yum. Cheapest meal in town--$1.50 gets you endless pop and a dog.

Sorry, OT. But here's my two cents about Volks in L.A.--YEY! Cause even though I live in the Pacific Northwest, LA will be a heck of a lot more affordable than Japan. Cheaper shipping maybe? And, please--FCS!!!

Jay

2. I went to AXNY! And BAAF! Hooray! If you saw a chocobo or Launch, it was me! They didn't have one last year because the republican national convention was being held that same week (in the same hotel too, I think).

If the LA store does well, I'm sure the next logical step would be the big apple! Hehe, "city of Angels", what a coincidence! if they make it in NY then it could be, erm... well, our dolls are the apples of our eyes... I can't think of anything clever. :oops:

3. That's the same thing my mum said, "I think they might open around the promenade", I absolutely despise that place, there's never parking!

I think (hope) that they will open in Little Tokyo/near there too, less drive and more other places to go!

4. :o

I live in LA...

I'm going to go broke... completely broke... :cry:

Btw... I think it's pretty easy to find parking at 3rd street... although it seems to cost at least $5-$10 each time - bleh!

5. Hmm...really whenever I seem to go everywhere's full. Maybe it's because I usually go on weekends and for event stuff. :oops:

6. I only go on the weekends too since I work all week. ^_^;

Do you know where Ye Olde King's Head is? There's a lot right across the street from there, and there is also a garage you can pull into nearby. (I prefer the garage) - the garage is under the fitness/gym place, if that helps. :)

7. Don't know exactly where it is, but I've driven past by it before, I'm sure if I ask my mum she'll know. Yay! More helpfulness from DOA! Thanks!

8. When the opening date is announced, we should have a DoA get together for the grand opening. I would be willing to fly from NJ to be there....I have been waiting YEARS for this, and honestly, I never thought it would happen...It would be a seriously emotional occasion for me...

9. Mmmmmmmmmmmm Ye Olde King's head.
      The best fish and chips in the universe! Droools! :wink:

10. Hey, I've always wanted to see Los Angeles ........
      This is one more excuse to do so. If I start saving money right now, then by the time the store opens maybe I can afford plane tickets AND a few Volks Super Dollfie (SD) outfits. Hmmmmm......

Whether the store opened in New York or in California makes no difference to me, since I live in the stinky armpit of the South, Alabama. It's a trip by plane either way.

11. i am moving down there this month! wouldn't that be cool to work there? unfortunately, i'd be too far from LA to commute there all the time...like 2 hours away. hmph.

12. I wonder if they'll have omukae ceremonies like the stores in Japan. I'd love to be able to do that with Azure, but a trip to LA is more likely than a trip to Japan at the moment!

13. :o !!! *starts planning to sneak away from group on Senior Trip in 2007.....*

14. I'm partial to the brum fishcakes, myself. :grin:

YUM!

I'll be there this weekend!

15. DITTO!!! I LOVE the fish & chips at the King's Head...I think it's the best in the world! Maybe we can all take our new dolls & goodies there for lunch after the grand opening LOL. Personally I hope they open near the The Grove/Farmer's Market area so I can just walk to Volks...there's a lot of trendy boutiques (like The Paul Frank Store) on 3rd st. and Beverly Blvd. where I can see a Volks store fitting in.

16. Seconded on all counts! I remember when people would still bring it up on the old DoA, and everyone would sigh and say it'd never happen. I'm having a hell of a time wrapping my brain around the fact that it actually will happen. Knowing me and my sentimental nature in regards to my precious SDs, I'll probably cry when I see the building. :lol:

I have a bunch of frequent flyer miles accumulated, though... give me a date and I'll do anything in my power to get myself and Andrei down there. This is BJD history in the making, and it'll only happen once... I absolutely cannot miss out. I'd love to meet up with anyone else who can make it. ^^

~Kalmia

17. That would be so much fun! :D One big celebration with our kids!

18. And we can all look back, years from now, and tell our grandchildren about it. Remember when? :D

19. Yay! Volks US shop!

As for AX? Trust me, I go every year and it's not a big thing. Terribly managed, hastily thrown together each year... they don't even put anything on their website until fans are angrily emailing them. I only go for the dealer's room, and even that is dwindling... I'd love to be able to go to Otakon.

But again, Volks = yay!

20. hey i would fly over from england for the opening to meet all of you and spend too much money XD its a shame there isnt one in england... *le sigh* But travelling to the US is easier than going to japan - plus there isnt a language barrier :)