1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Mini Super Dollfie discussion (old version)

Jan 4, 2005

1. Is it just my little Eronling (MSD Tsubaki), or do the new body's wrists give you trouble, too?

Now, the new body big dolls have very nice wrist movement, but Eron's hands don't move quite so well and they tend bounce back when I mess with them.

Is it the size of the S hook? The sculpt? The size of the ball in the joint? Would replacing wit with a bigger one or replacing the S hook with a smaller hook be possible? Is it just not possible for the posing to work with new body minis due to the proportions and the size of the doll?

*fiddle* Actually, his left hand (the FCS hand) moves and stays back quite nicely. Forward is another story. It only will stay a little bit forward. The other (the standard MSD girl hand, I believe) I have to sort of pop and lock into place to bend back.

Also, the ball joints keep turning. I have to move them back into place so that the slot is lined up right so I can move the wrist.

This is my only real complaint about new bodies...

2. I've noticed the popping back bit about moving the hand backward, too....but then such a pose isn't very natural to begin with (humanly possible, but not common). I actually think it's kind of clever, since otherwise the elastic tension might not permit such a pose at all. I've never noticed a problem with the ball joints turning and needing to be lined up again (except when changing optional parts). The end of the S-hook stays inside the ball joint slot, which prevents it turning out of alignment.
      I've noticed too that the SD13s have very mobile wrists in comparison with MSD. It's probably something to do with the scale of the parts: an inherent limitation. Asie from that, I think elastic tension plays a part. When the tension is unevenly distributed, due to the knot getting caught somewhere, even when Mitchell is wearing the same hands on both arms, they can vary in poseability.
      All that said, I have played with a few other makes of doll, and while MSD wrists may not be as mobile as SD13, they are definitely more mobile than the other MSD-sized makes of doll I've experienced.

3. *fiddle* Oh.. this morning they bend forward very well!

Actually, his wrists are quite cooperative today. I think the problems arise mainly when the ball joints rotate. Last night, while doing my post, I made sure they were aligned.

Eron is the first new body MSD, and I do know the FCSs have V-butts, at least. Maybe the wrists are a little different, too, since the ball joints turn with normal usage.
      (I guess it's good for them to be able to turn, since by manipulating them I can get Eron to tilt his hand to the side)

Yeah, I suppose with the bigger dolls you have more room for movement. The MSDs have big and wide hands. I suppose if they were smaller, they'd move better... but I like my big hands.

And Eron does have an advantage over the dolls who can to little more than rotate their hands. ^_^

4. This is news to me. o_o Tsubaki's "new" body is different from the FCS "new" body??? I mean, in areas other than the optional sitting joint, etc. What is this V-butt you speak of? XD

5. Well, I've seen a pic or two of some new body minis (and I think I groped the butt of some, too) and the butt is cut differently.

As my memory serves me, the bottom of the lower torso joint in the back is cut off differently. It comes up from the center to the edge, while Eron's whole butt is sculpted there.

6. My friend got a Mika a year ago, and she too has trouble with wrist movement. Many people do find this to be a problem in their pureskin minis, so it's not just a Tsubaki problem. I personally feel it's the S hook size, as there is nothing else significantly different between the old resin MSD wrists (GREAT movement there, I may add. ^^) and the pureskin wrists. Maybe you can get a hold of smaller S hooks and see if it helps any.

There's a NEWER pureskin mini body?! Is the obsessive knee locking reduced do you know?! :D Cause that would be awesome!

7. AFAIK, There is only one MSD pureskin body. The only difference between Tsubaki and a pureskin boy (Ken or FCS) is his goodies are missing.

I noticed Elio's wrist mobility was slightly (though not greatly) less than my old skin MSD's. Ankle mobility, however, is indentical, so I really think it's the S-hook that's to blame. It's rather large, so it might be impeding movement by hitting the inside of the arm. If I pull his arm out and try to move his hand all the way to the side, the S-hook is pressing against the inside of his arm.

One could test this theory by tying the hands on with string like the oldskin MSDs, but I've never bothered trying. Elio's wrist mobility is only slightly less than an oldskin MSDs (he can hold his hand side to side and up and down; it only pops back when I bend it all the way backwards. All the way forward he can hold) and I haven't had trouble getting his hands into natural human poses, so it hasn't bothered me enough to try it without the S-hook.

8. ... I coulda sworn I saw a V-butt...

... maybe it's with the sitting body?

You sure the size of the ball joint is the same? Well, I think the trick with MSDs is to keep your eyes on where the slots in the balls are and put them back into alignment. Then, the posing should be fine.

9. I have FCS pureskin male body and Tsubaki body....and the butt is the same. I also have pureskin female body "Maria". And the butt is the same.

10. Wow! XD This thread is educational. I never knew that the old body MSDs had hands that tied on with string. I've met a few old body MSDs (evildolly's Faith, Kim's Rui) and I don't think I noticed that their hands tied on with string...neither do Shiina's, they have an S-hook.

11. I was thinking...tsubaki is Pureskin or old resin?

I was tempting to buy Mika, But also Tsubaki is gorgeous..

12. Tsubaki is pureskin! :D And too adorable for words.

13. Yep..Pureskin!
      And soo CUTE too!

Charlie*^_^*

14. If I will have money from my previous work, I'll buy Tsubaki!

15. :grin:
      Ohhh..you wont be disapointed..hes lovley!!!
      I just love my angel boy!

Charlie*^_^*

16. I have an AES, girl
      a YO-SD, boy

And I'll buy tsubaki, an Angel!

A polysexual family

17. Te,he...aw..thats just cute!!! :chibi :chibi

Charlie*^_^*

18. Hello! I would like to have a Tsubaki girl, so I'm wondering how much is the current value on the market, how much I must start to save? :D

I know there is a value topic, but I posted about Tsubaki and no one replyed yet.

Thanks
      Elena

19. Mines pureskin too!
      hes LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont know how you could not love him!
      His number is 324.

Nelae~ I payed £260 of ebay for mine (sorry cant rember how much it was in $ ><)

Charlie*^_^*

20. I think all the Tsubaki were pure skin. The only angel that was "old resin" was Kyotenshi. That was the name Shiratori had when he was the only angel. When the other two appeared, they all became known as Kyotenshi, and all were prue resin.