1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks New York Dolpa - SD13 Irvin

Apr 13, 2008

1. It would be interesting to see him in person but I dont think he's such a big deal i can easily pass on buying him.

2. :D ohhh not too long now before I can bask in the glorious picture spams~!!! (PS there BETTER BE picture spam X3 <3)

3. Oh wow, I totally haven't been keeping up with Irvin news at all...how exciting that they'll be coming soon! I can't wait for my boy to get here, I have his eyes & wig waiting for him, and I'm really looking forward to taking pictures of him with my white skin F16, Graeves. :D

4. Pat's just confirmed (see the first post of the NY Dolpa news thread) that Irvin should be arriving in NYC on July 25, to be inventoried, confirmed and transship right on out to his future homes!

"VOLKS IRVIN SHIPPING NEWS!Dolpa
      New York City, July 15th, 2008- We have received confirmation from Volks, Inc. that our exclusive SD13 Irvin will arrive in New York on July 25th, 2008.

All dolls will be inventoried and checked, then turned around as soon as possible for shipping. International orders will be shipped first via USPS, then domestic orders will be shipped via UPS to ensure tracking and receipt of delivery. If you wish to have your doll shipped via alternative methods, YOU MUST CONTACT US IN WRITING. Change of shipping venue may result in additional charges and longer shipping time."

Can't wait!!

~Bruce

5. OT

I like the pic by your signature, who is it? Lovely eyes!

On topic:

I'm sorry I didn't get Irvin!:(:(:(:(:(

6. I just ordered one of the extra Irvins from the FDQ site!

7. I just ordered him too from the FDQ website, and I know this is my last doll, so I will have 3 Limited dolls in my home and now I have to get space for them. At least Irvin will be the only Volks doll in 4yrs that will stay:)

8. I received my Irvin today but he came with a broken finger :'( I emailed FDQ but I don't know how they would resolve this... so upset :'(

9. Please keep this thread focused on the actual doll SD13 Irvin. Any discussion about waiting, shipping or tracking should be taken to the Volks Waiting Room in Incoming Dolls. Thanks.

10. Yenha, I know Brighnasa had that problem with her Alain, but Volks replaced the hand without any trouble. It *did* take about a month, though! Just contact them and make sure you take a picture of the wound :)

11. ....and according to UPS my doll was due yesterday.... (pounds head) I emailed FDQ and they said they would hold him since I was out of town and HAVE had stuff stolen by my neighbors before. I am going to wait until Monday before I majorly panic. I did feel pretty sick though checking my emails a few moments ago....

12. I hope you get him, hopefully UPS will try to deliver him again for you on Monday.

13. Be careful with your ears. I didn't apply any pressure putting them in, but after I assembled the doll I went back to fuss with the wig and one ear fell off. I thought it must have just fallen out, but it had sheared off of the peg. I've had an F-30 for over a year now without an ear mishap, and I can't imagine what could have caused it except some kind of flaw in that particular ear, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

14. :oWhoa! That's a shock! Was it a clean break?? Oh man, now I am worried once I get mine. And here I am wondering about the hot glue in his head for the eyes and now ears are collasping......I hope it is a flaw in design.

15. Ugh, I'm not looking forward to digging out that glue. I think I permanently injured my joints digging Eron's glue out. Shen's eyes are still glued in.

Has anybody had trouble installing one of the two pairs of ears? For me it's the human ears, so he's an elf most of the time.

16. Eeek, I'm so sorry to hear about the problems some people are having! :<

For me, the hot glue was an absolute horror! Chris had the most hot glue inside of any Volks head I've ever seen and it took me quite some time to dig enough out to put his Zouks in. >_<

And AmnesticAngel - I had a bit of a problem with the right human ear not going in quite as far as the left one, but it's only barely noticeable when he's not wearing a wig, so I haven't fretted too much over it. I haven't even taken the elf ears out of their package, though, since I have no intentions of ever using them. ^^;

17. Same thing happened to me. I also have an F30 elf, with the same ears and just assumed my Irvin's ear fell off. I was really surprised to discover that the peg was still inside his head (which I can't seem to get out, as of yet). And like you, no pressure on the ear, I just picked him up and off it went.
      I took a pic and will be contacting Volks in the morning.
      -Am

18. Oh, that is horrible.

I hope it is not a resin issue. Now I am worry about mine, UPS drivers ARE NOT known to be gentle with their packages. :sweat:sweat:sweat:sweat

19. Yikes. I'd been hoping it was just me. I hadn't been able to get the peg out of his head yet, either, but I think I probably can in time. I'd love to hear what Volks says about it.

-Laura

EDIT: I had no trouble getting the glue out of his head though. Most of it came out cleanly, and I only have a little glue at the very bottom of the head that I still have to clean up later.