1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks NY Dolpa 2 - SD Masha

Jun 1, 2007

1. Im curious, but out of all of the 111 signatures collected for the rerelease of Sasha, about what percentage of the signatures belonged to attendees of the party? Did most of the signatures belong to people who have attended or would attend the New York Dolpa or any other American dolpa/teaparty? It would make more sense to me if Volks designed the doll to cater to the tastes of the attendees who would actually attend the NY Dolpa.

2. Jay and Achi,

I feel the same way, although I realize this is only a doll. maybe because last year there was no problem getting an Olivia. As for lottery lines, there are many dolphas in Japan, which may not make it easier for those in those events, . but this is only the second in NY. We don't even have a store within distance to go to. Achi, my grandparents came over from Russia/Poland border and my middle name is Marsha, so I see why you would love this doll. Jay, I am only traveling 4 hours, but I will be on cell phone call the whole time, every 3-4 hours for med information and changes for my son. no late mornings for me! I only hope that those that are not interested in this doll for themselves, do not get it for resale value, because she will have such value to those of us that feel a connection to her. - Barb

3. I'm trying to become resigned to the fact that I won't get her :( I'm not going to the Dolpa, because I couldn't afford the fares etc, and I don't think it's realistic to expect someone to get her for me.

I also feel a bit uncomfortable about asking...when she's so limited and it might involve denying her to someone who is going (though I suppose that's not inevitable).

I think I would be pretty fed up if anyone did a scalp afterwards. But I think I've got to try to be philosophical. I didn't know they were going to re-release Sasha and it is just sad that she is such a small edition.

Also...I really don't have the money. I've been doing a lot of buying and selling recently. If I still had any credit cards they'd be smoking, though! :lol:

I'm going to try and sit back and hope for nice photos.

4. I love her! I signed the petition but since managed to adopt a Sasha so I'm already a lucky lady. If Masha wasn't limited to such an extent I'd get her as a sister - she's beautiful. Why are the good ones always so, so limited. :(

5. I see where you're coming from, but my theory is Volks thought it made more sense to release it to us at a US event and not a Japanese Dolpa. They may have also read some of the comments about Olivia not being what people expected, so they went with a traditional Volks doll like people said they wanted.

6. I think she's lovely, and I may try to get her at the party -Okinawa funds not withstanding.

The price is good. A lot of the recent dolpha limited have been over $1000.

...and as one of the fans dissapointed by the more "fashion doll" types like Olivia and their prices, I'm happy to see her.

I'm sorry the edition is so limited, but Volks may not have wanted to annoy people who spend so much time tracking down the 1st Sasha at secondary market prices, or purchased her from the original Dollybird (?) offering in Japan back in '03.

7. Oh, Thank you Am!!! That excited and eager fan was meeeee! *falls over* I've been dying to post all day! But I'm cramming for my panels at dollectable, packing for a trip to europe and, you know, working :barf

Here is me being the biggest geek in the world (many apologies to Roselynde, the most beeeyoootiful Sasha in zee wooooorld, for the liberties took!):

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I've done some comparison overlays and feature examination: she's definately a resculpted head... which doesn't surprise me as Sasha's head was a bit on the large side. They had done similar Lucas/Chris as well, so it just made sense. Her head is definately smaller, note the shoulder and neck size in the overlays. While her profile is identical to Sasha's (and the F16 as well), her eyes are bit smaller, and perhaps less heavy lidded. I thought her jaw was narrower, but once you resize them to comparable size, she actually has a lower jaw, just not as strong, if that makes sense. Her brows line up with Sasha's, but none of the photos show them in detail. The face-up is paler, but definately in the same vein as the original.

Ok, I'm going to go freak out some more. YAYAYAYAY! :aheartbea

8. Oh! And her nose is thinner :)

9. oh kallisti this is SO neat, what you did! squee! it's just wonderful to see her overlayed like that!!

10. The petition took place on my blog, and was signed by members of DoA and people who read my blog.

Original Petition, you can read them all here:
      http://www.blastmilk.com/archives/dolls_toys/super_dollfie_bjd/vote_for_sasha.php

Of course she is not everyone's cup o' tea, but neither is Olivia, or Tsukasa or Jun. I am so touched that they listened to my plaintive little plea... it nearly broke my heart everytime I saw a Sasha, and I knew there were many, many others in my very same spot.

Her original edition for DollyBird in 2003 was only 50! And an unknown number were released at Hobby Expo shortly thereafter (view her profile at Where Angels Lie!) ... this was back in the day when you could only get LE Super Dollfie by going to Japan or Yahoo Japan online. And standard editions were only rarely sold through an American doll dealer. So Sasha has always been exceptionally rare, and commanded very high secondary market prices *_*

11. Thank you very much for sharing more info about Sasya, Kallisti.

Even though Sasya is so rare and limited, Im still surprised that so many members attending the event have stated that this doll is not someone they want. The General Discussion thread seems to be dominanted by similar sentiments of disapporval over Masha. I wonder if she will actually sell out at the NY Dolpa. If she doesnt sell out at the NYDP, will this deter Volks from relying so much on future customer input?

12. I think even if she doesn't sellout at the event, there may be enough orders from FDQ to sell her out. A lot of people cannot go to NY, so there maybe quite a few who will order her through FDQ.
      I think things will be ok. ^_^

13. :fangirl: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1988217&postcount=67

14. Thank so much Kallisti! They overlay was great ... and very interesting!
      I really think the changes are subtle, she is still Sasha to me.

Truly only 75?
      I cannot believe it. I am trying really hard not to get very excited
      The only glimmer of hope I see, is in the line "There will be no after-event from VOLKS. The doll belongs to FDQ (this version anyway)."

Perhaps they will offer her again sometime.

Daniel Falls - I signed the petition and am going to the event!

15. I'm a little confused by Pat's post. When she says that people can buy two dolls, does it means that depending on what order a name is pulled, they can pass, buy one or buy two?

Daniel Falls -- I've gotten the feeling over the years that Volks makes decisions very much with their hearts and not so much with an eye on business. So, even if a doll doesn't sell well, they still feel good about bringing another "angel" into the world. :)

16. I think Masha is for me :) I've always loved Sasha and I've been wanting a BW girl for a long time. I have the money saved up so as long as I can manage to get in that 75 (aka not have horrrrriblllleee luck...)

17. Good luck to the Masha Lovers!!! Fingers crossed for us all!!!

18. OK, now I really cant speak.... Sasha was my dreamed gir for over 5 years....

19. :D Omg, I barely had time to post! There were so many people I wanted to squee to.

But Roselynde has been the angel on my shoulder through this whole process. She is love :aheartbea