1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks NY Dolpa 2 - SD Masha

Jun 1, 2007

1. ?.......................
      Geri

2. I certainly signed the petition (because I was desperate for a re-release!!! I've had my "Sasha fund" for about 2 years now.)

And I know others who did, some because they wanted to adopt her, some for the support of those who did. *^_^*

Edit: But I also feel for those who signed the petition, wanted her, but won't be there. :(

Or those who went to the trouble and expense to go to the Dolpa, and want her, but still might not be lucky enough to take her home.

3. This is exactly what I think too. I am not trying for a Masha next week because although I do think she's beautiful, I don't love her enough to take one away from someone else. It's beyond wonderful that Volks listened to the petition, but if I was a Sasha fan who had signed the petition but isn't going to NYC, I think I would be extremely disappointed. :( I just feel sad for the people who have been waiting for a Sasha re-release and may not even get a chance to try for Masha due to the very small number and fact that both dolpa attendees and FDQ subscribers have first dibs.
      It's been mentioned that those of us in the dolpa discussion thread don't seem interested. That's true, but assuming there will be about 200 people there next weekend, only a relative handful have chimed in on the discussion forum. It will be interesting to see how many Mashas are actually sold at the event.

4. I signed the petition but I won't be able to go t dolpa. but I'm doing everything I can to be able to buy her, as she's my dreamest one

5. I cannot go, but I signed the petition.
      I signed not because I really wanted Sasha (though she is very lovely), but because if I could do anything to help someone get a chance at their dream dolly, I wanted to do it.
      I am so happy for those of you who dreamed of her and will get a chance at her. ^_^

6. I'm a little torn over this..I signed the petition as well, at the time more because I felt for people who couldn't get her, but thanks to the petition I looked at her more and more..and fell in love +_+ I can't go to the NY dolpa, and she's limited to 75..I was hoping there would be a higher number so she wouldn't be so hard to get secondhand anymore but with a run of 75, her second hand price will still be insanely high..this feels kinda bitter, missing out on her for the second time. And the chance of Volks rereleasing her again..is pretty much none. She's so close but still as far as ever +_+

Still, I'm glad for those who will be able to get her ^^ take a lot of pictures!

7. One thing to note is just because you attend a Japanese Dolpa in no way are you guaranteed any of the LEs. ^^;

If you think about it, having 75 for about 150 attendees is actually a 1 in 2 odds assuming everyone wanted a Masha, which they clearly do not. ^^ The # of LEs is no where near that high for a Japanese Dolpa.

I think it's really lovely that Volks listened to Kallisti's petition and made so many people's dream doll a possibility.

So does anyone know if this means though that Kyon is no longer doing make-up design for Volks? The letter posted by I think Am to Pat makes it sound that way. ^^;

8. It really was wonderful of Volks to do that for us. *^_^*
      And she really is lovely - it's a nice touch that she has a similar outfit to the original Sasha!
      And by Kaori Saito, as the original was!

9. It is charming of Volks.

Though I love the work of Mikey and Valico, I wonder what happened to Kyon?

They are such a talented group!

10. She still works with Volks, she just wants to focus more on her own things now.

11. Thanks^^ that is interesting...I'm curious as to what 'her own things' might be...but I guess that's getting a bit OT >.<

12. She did do the one-off Anais for the first LA Tea Party, as well as Lucas & Chris last year.

But I love the work Valico did, like a homage to the original face-up with her own style with color. Really lovely. I hope the production doll is close! And her eyecolor seems soooo pretty! Though I think mine will steal my thin blue zoukies permanently. Mmm!

13. I know a lot of people like her but Sasha/Masha really doesn't appeal to me, that being said I think they should have offered a few of her to the people who actually signed the petition (I didn't, for the record) who wanted her (since some people signed to support friends) and are not able to attend the Dolpa.

14. I still think Masha is one of the prettiest dolls I've ever seen, but I've decided that I'd feel really bad about getting one of my friends to get that doll for me when I can't be there in person. I'd not want to take that little bit of happiness away from someone else. No matter what, someone's going to be real disappointed, I fear. :( The best way to not be disappointed, I guess, is to keep a positive attitude. Everyone is always coming out with new, beautiful dolls to dazzle the eyes and win the heart. When it's meant to be, it'll be. If you miss one doll, think of what the future has to offer? Think about the little doll family you've got, too! Do not fret. That is my advice to those pining for Masha who are worried about missing out on her.

15. I agree that at the very least they should have made one available to Kallisti.:aangel:

16. I would definitely agree with that myself! I was kinda of surprised, since volks is usually so wonderful about things like that, that her being the petition organizer didn't get a chance at one by default :eusa_sile

17. yeah i posted about this in my lj two days ago!! I think she should DEFINITELY get one too!!:D:fangirl:

18. Maybe we should start another petition for Volks, "Save a Masha for Kallisti". :)

19. When Sasha first came out people's reactions on DoA were the same :: shrugs :: She's always been a love-her-or-hate-her kind of girl.

I wouldn't worry about Masha selling out. She most definitely will, but yeah, whether it be at the Dolpa or later is another question.

One other thing to keep in mind is that Sasha was originally a Dollybird release (May 2003) in very very limited numbers...but based on interest, Volks actually released more at a summer 2003 Dolpa (forgive me for not checking Roselynde's headcap to get the exact Dolpa #).

The additional Dolpa release doubled Sasha's total number.

I think we can cling to the hope that IF Masha sells out at the Dolpa Volks might come out with additional numbers at a later time.
      I'd sign it!

20. I originally thought that Volks would re-release Sasha at an LA Dolpa - where they received the petition. It would be super cool if they did have a re-re-release there this summer!