1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks NY Dolpa 2 - SD Masha

Jun 1, 2007

1. :blush Aw! You guys are all very nice!

I'm actually leaving for vacation um... tomorrow! :o And won't be back til the end of the month. A very kind friend has offered to try for me, and I have faith.

Right? Right!?!?! ;)

A friend was at the LA Store this weekend and the employees there told her the name really is supposed to be Marsha! Ha!

:wiggle

2. Marsha, Marsha, Marsha. Well she looks more like a Masha anyway. I don't know what is wrong with me. I never liked this or similar head molds, just not for me, except for CherryGhost's girl. However I keep thinking about this girl, I even gave her a name, and maybe a lil story. Ridiculous, no? I went and looked at photos of the original Sasha, and I think this one's outfit is so much more lovely. Also I'm sure the body is better. Eh, what's wrong with me? It's the crack Volks pumps through the computer screen. that must be it.

3. Good luck getting yours Kallisti. I hope everyone who wants one gets her. I'm actually getting her for someone, or trying!

4. Oh! *snort* I have been having that sing song [Masha Masha Masha) Brady Bunch chant (mantra??) in my head ever since I first saw the photos of Masha...
      What a riot that it was really supposed to be Marsha and not Masha.
      I am increasingly in love with this girl (her name will be Ilse, from the Emily of New Moon books) and I am hoping so hard I can buy one. Huge thanks to the helper elves trying to win one for me!!! :cheer

Have a grand time in Dolpa Land and best wishes to you all

5. My girl's name will be Himiko if my friend manages to get her for me. *fingers crossed*

Good luck to everyone -- and their friends! :)

6. After many changes of mind...someone is going to try for one for me...:)

And I think she would be Casilda of the Rising Moon.

And as a PS before the Dolpa...I do hope that everyone who wants one, gets one...

7. If wishes were horses....
      We all will adopt Masha:dance I love seeing all identities she will have!
      I am so excited that I feel I will visit the Dolpa in my dreams :blush since I am staying here in Olympia....

8. If I am lucky......

My Masha will be Mina, my little ghost girl, who drowned at 10.
      A delicate French girl, who visited the lake one summer with her family for vacation.
      One night, sulky from an argument with her older sister, Mina ventured out alone to the lake to search for colorful shells.
      She heard soft singing by the lake, and found a beautiful mermaid, who told her that there were more shells, with beautiful iridescent colors, a little farther in.....all she had to do was kick off her slippers, and the mermaid would show Mina.
      The mermaid was actually an evil Rusalka, and she led Mina down, down, down into the water.......

I've had three dolls attempt this character, and they all failed, since October of 2005.
      When I saw Masha, I knew she was my Mina.

:D
      Michelle

9. So many different ideas for her! Good luck to everyone who wants Masha! She's lovely!

10. I love that story, Michelle...>.<

Imagine a Rusalki doll. Eeeeeeek!

11. If I were to get one (which I am not) she would be Marie-Louise, named after the girl in the Steeley Dan song "Pearl of the Quarter".
      I am trying for someone else, and we are allowed to get two, so if I first got hers and then lost my mind somehow...

12. Did anyone get her?? I saw that she sold out :atremblin:
      I hope so much to get her!!!

13. A couple of people posted on their LJs that they got her, but I'm still waiting to hear. We can psychically hold hands while we wait.:)

14. LUCK! I WISH LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!:aeyepop:

15. Hi Sheri I was able to get her for ria_ria. Unfortunatly Masha sold out 117 people put in for her so they did a lottery

The kimonos sold out too. I lucked out for the yo-sd kimono I got one normally and rolopuppet didn't go against me for the sample one that the model was wearing.

They only allowed for people to buy one kimono since there were limited numbers. On the larger sizes they had to do rock, paper, scissors

For the msd they ended up doing rock paper scissors on the left overs too

16. Rock paper scissors is so ebil...
      I got my MSD kimono. Also got Masha, but I got her for someone else. Sob. She is so beautiful. The person I got her for lives in Europe, so I feel like I did her a solid.

17. I took a few shots She was really hard to photograph with her coloring and white dress. Closuep shot and display

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. I have heard that all of the Mashas sold at the Tea Party. Don't know if anyone who tried to order through the magazine got one.

I hope Volks does do a more available LE, because I know that people in Japan were not happy because they did not have a chance to get Olivia, so Amelia was created. And it would be nice for all who couldn't go to the Tea Party to have a chance. It would also help cut back on the aftermarket.

I personally like Sasha very much and wouldn't mind having her at all. I am very curious to see this new girl in person. I hope that every one who wanted her got her.

Congratulations to all who were so lucky to get her!

19. AreeElf you are so wonderful for getting one for ria_ria:aheartbea

Oh Stella Maris!! You too are one of the supremely generous... It sounds like you are a bit heartbroken though :sorry Was Masha even more loveable in person? In the hours leading up to the Dolpa it think I heard your heart falling for her *hugs*
      I heard from my angel at Dolpa, cerine. She won me a Masha!! And she rock paper sissored me an SD13 girl kimono!!! She must have been wearing 4 leaf clovers in her shoes :lol: I am floating on air here. Did Volks or FDQ give any shipping date estimate?

20. The estimated shipping time they gave me for Masha was the third week of June. That's coming up quick isn't it?