1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks NY Dolpa 2 - SD Masha

Jun 1, 2007

1. I really hope Kallisti got her girl:aangel:
      ~Anthony

2. I got a Masha too :D At first I didn't win her but then I guess some of the people who won passed on their cards and so my card got picked later. :D :D :D I noticed at the very end a lot of new cards had been picked but I'm still not sure if everyone at the party was able to get her.. anyone know?

3. I don't think so, I know of about 1 or 2 people that put in for her and didn't get her, and those were only of the very few people I knew at the Dolpa:roll:
      ~Anthony

4. I hope Kallisti got her doll too!

Both my mom and I put in for Masha and neither of us got her - until the 2nd round of names were posted! I'm so thankful some people passed - so we were each able to get our Masha after all!

5. That is so great! I hope Kallisti got hers too. I'm so happy I can spread a little dolly joy, really! I'm thrilled that I made you guys happy Marti and g_m!

6. I do have a question about Masha - does anyone know which sort of white resin she is? FCS white or Limited white?? It doesn't really specify in the FDQ info on Masha...

7. I got mine. So excited. I think I will be parting with most of her "things" to make her more affordable.

My only critique was that the prototypes on display seem a bit overly blushed to me, but I felt the same way about the one-offs.

8. She looked like FCS white to me I'm not totally sure. Though I think if she wasn't they would have made some annoucement about it so she's probably FCS beauty white.

9. Thanks for the info fireflytranc!! Oh I can hardly wait to see her!!!

10. Short version: she's FCS white! Yay!

Long version:
      She's the "FCS" white. The FCS white is called just that -- 'white'. The word in Japanese is ホワイト (howaito) which is a transliteration of the English word 'white'. :) So when they say she is 'white', they are meaning the FCS white.

The "limited" white is called 'beauty white'. The word in Japanese is 美白 (bihaku) and the two kanji literally mean 'beautiful' (bi) and 'white' (haku) and so that's how the English description of 'beauty white' came about. The term was originally made up by the early SD community translating the word literally and I think Volks picked it up eventually as it was already so commonly used.

Random:
      Volks haven't used the limited 'beauty white' for a doll in some time. (Dec 2004) It was only ever used for LEs anyway, and they've only released two white skintone LEs since then (Masha included) but still.. I hope they haven't discontinued it :( 'Cause I have a beauty white boy and I loooove it. Plus it's such a lovely contrast against 'white', putting the two white skintones together is such a delight!

11. Hey thanks for the info Cassiel. It is sometimes hard to keep it straight. I have a Kohya who I think is the beauty white and a Lilith who may be that as well. My daughter Lirin has White Cat Chris who is FCS white.
      Have I got it right yet?? :?
      In any case I think they will all look wonderful together...
      I guess it will be a while before we hear about Kallisti's Masha luck. :eusa_pray

12. Kohya is beauty white. :) Lilith is 'FCS' white. She was actually the first LE that came in FCS white rather than beauty white. But yep, white cat Chris is FCS white. :)

iirc, the only LEs that are pureskin beauty white are: Sasha, Nana Sweet Dreams BW version, Nono Sweet Dreams ~ES~, Sachiko, and Kohya. So it's actually an incredibly rare skintone! *hugs her Kohya* :D

(Oh, and I assume there were probably some one-offs and/or auction models that came in BW too!)

But yes, you are right -- they all look wonderful together! I love white skintones of any kind, my absolute favourite. If Cecile the Scarface and Shirou had ever come in white skintone, you can bet I would've been all over them instead of my normal skintone ones! ;)

13. Wow thanks Cassiel. I will try to committ this to memory now :lol:
      I have been haunting the Dolpa reports and photos like crazy.
      Wow I really loved that one-off fellow at the NY Dolpa. Thought he was Kohya but he turns out to be Tohya! Wonderful faceup!!! And there was a Kohya modeling one of the kimono too! Wish Volks would re-release this sculpt sometime.

14. Me too! I put in for that Tohya and didn't get him. My friend also put in for me too -no luck! I would ahve prefered to steal the one in the kimono; he was cuter than the mad hatter...

15. Thanks Cassiel, I am really really happy to hear this. It means Masha will be able to share some of the different feet/hands that I have for my FCS BW.
      Woot!!

16. Did you know that Tohya and Kohya are the same headmold, just different skintones? So technically you guessed right. ;) I love that headmold, I think it's gorgeous.. but it's funny, when they released Tohya, I wasn't really interested in him... but when they released Kohya, I fell in love on the spot and had to have him! :lol: Was it just the skintone?

Oh yeah! I hadn't thought of that but you're totally right! Wheee! :dance Wow, that is one of the advantages of them standardizing their white skintone... I keep forgetting that Kael can't swap hands, the poor brat. :sweat

17. In all the excitement, my sweet friend who got Masha for me didn't notice what her total cost was, but I'd like to be able to pay her right away. Does anyone happen to know the total with shipping and tax, if there was any? Also, I've heard that she's shipping on June 25th. Will she be shipping out of LA or NY? Thanks so much for your help!

18. I think Pat Henrey mentioned that the shipping would be determined upon Shipping. So I don't think they have a total price of of yet:| Sowwy
      ~Anthony

19. NY State tax is 8.375% they didn't give a receipt and they haven't charged my credit card yet. They said they will charge at time of shipping and will be notified by email

20. Anthony -- Thank you! I wondered if that was the case. Volks seems to like to maintain mysteries for as long as they can.

AreeElf -- Oh, tax is less than I thought. I thought that it was 10% for some reason. Thanks for letting me know!