1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Rozen Maiden SD Shinku Doll

Dec 21, 2005

1. And no one is denying it (tough they could invoke older influences, like Bellmer BJDs or older german BJDs, but I agree that the main one seems to be the Volks-BJD-Gothic Lolita Bible style). And of course, robots, dolls and the line between artificial and real life and self-identity is always a winner.

I was only pointing that it's not a high resemblance -like, say, Mamoru Oshii GitS: Innocence, since he recognize Bellmer's work as a heavy influence -->http://anime.about.com/library/weekly/bl_inspiration.htm - , but a perfect match. Not an specific brand (according to the show, they are all handcrafted), but obviously BJDs.

Hum, I think we are saying basically the same...?

2. :drool: I hope the Shinkus sell well - maybe in that case Volks will make more of the Rozen Maidens into dolfies. :-D

In an odd way, I am happy that they are so limited, even though that means I will never get one. Because Shinku deserves to be a super rare, coveted doll. xD Does that make sense? Oh well...

Ah, if somebody made a Suigintou bjd cosplay! :-D With the amazing quality level of bjd clothing, especially goth and loligoth clothing, that I've seen around, I have no doubt that there are people quite capable of creating her costume very beautifully.

And if anyone were to get their lucky hands on a Volks Shinku and make a photostory... *dies* I'm sure it will happen, if it hasn't already been done.

3. I really like Volks' Shinku, though, in the owner pictures she looks a bit sweeter than I thought'she'd be..(I like Shinku as a slightly mean, very bossy doll..)..but I guess, it's just the face-up..too bad she's so limited! But there's always Y!J, so if you really want her, at least there's a way ^^ *loves the anime*

4. What really bugs me about her is that her eye colour is wrong. O_o;;;

I also don't think her face looks much of anything like Shinku's. ^_^;;;

Her clothes and hair are really good, though.

5. :o Did anyone notice the starting price for her on YJ?! Glad I don't like this one.

6. I adore the series, especially what I've seen of the second season, and really planned from what I saw in the few early pics I saw to try to get Shinku. But then I saw her pics on Y!J and see frightened me! She looks kind of mean and surprised at the same time and nothing like Shinku. It really kind of breaks my heart. :(

7. Yes, I agree the Volks Shinku isn't much like the anime/manga Shinku. Volks Shinku (to me) seems a bit childish, when Shinku is always very mature (with the exception of when she's fangirling over that dog-puppet-show ^^)...I like the Volks Shinku sculpt, but I think it misses capturing Shinku's look and personality.

But it's still very cute. ^^

Possibly off-topic :sweat:: which bjd (doesn't have to be Volks) sculpt reminds you most of Shinku (or Suiseiseki, Souseiseki, Hina-Ichigo, Suigintou, Barasuishou, etc...)?

To see all the characters, here is the Rozen Maiden website's character page: http://www.tbs.co.jp/rozen-maiden/04chara/chara.html

8. Well, I did name my Toppi, Hina, because she reminds me of the chara and I'm hoping to get an MSD F-17 to be Kanaria. I think that Volks Mimi or Nono would make a cute Shinku with their big eyes and small mouths and noses.

I will say that they Volks Shinku outfit is fantastic and I'll be haunt Y!J for it. :)

9. I know I'm a couple of years late here, but I finally found a copy of the manga to read - the first volume, and to me Shinku is a Lati Green Coco. I forget the page, but it's a close up of her after tea, around a "so in the end..." (nothing has changed) type comment.

10. I just discovered the manga too, so wonderful, I loved the 'box opening' scene when Shinku arrives! (I wonder if my new Sia will emerge from her coccoon of pillows only to order me to make her tea?) There's an animated series too, right? Is it on DVD or anything like that? I'd love to watch it!

11. While the manga has been licensed I don't think the anime has been yet so all ye bittorrent lovers have at ye!

(And for all those who don't have a bittorrent client I suggest Azureus... http://azureus.sourceforge.net/)

12. The anime is licensed by Geneon and the first volume is coming out quite soon. Please do not support bootlegging. Do a little research before you download.

13. post deleted,....

Sorry guys, please don't post links to licensed anime torrents on forum. Thanks!!

14. I never read the manga, but I have seen both seasons and the little short OVA (OAV? ><; ) and I liked it a lot. I remember watching it before I found out about BJDs and once I -did- know about BJDs I had to rewatch rozen maiden because I was sure they were somehow related. xD;

I personally always liked Hinaichigo and Kanaria best. Shinku (at least in the anime) was a bit of a brat if you ask me. I only really liked her dress. xD;

If I could buy a Shinku I probably would though. o_o; And if Volks suddenly started planning to make the other dolls I'd probably do everything in my power to get one.. espically if it was Kanaria. XD;

15. Here's some clothing that was only available at Volks Dolpa 16 in December 2006. It was limited to 20 produced, and was made by CherryMilk. They are marked not for resale on the package they came in, but you still might find a set on Yahoo Auctions Japan. They originally sold for 11800Yen, so you can probably expect to pay at least double that if one happens shows up. *Doll, stand, wig, socks, and shoes not included.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

16. Sorry, I didn't know that it was licensed.

:doh

17. Yeah, it's finally getting released in the US next month! :fangirl:

18. I'm not in US, but it seems that now it is licensed in France too ... u_u

It must be recent.

19. I recently got into Rozen Maiden. I heard about it from a guild on Gaia and I love it! It really changed my perspective of Izuri. Pretty weird.....I started holding him the way Shinku wanted to be held and I started talking to him more and wishing he would say something back. lol I hate watching Anime in japanese but I was forced to if I wanted to watch this, so I did and Im getting used to it.

About the doll....
      I do kind of like that doll. The wig is amazing! But Im not a fan of her outfit. It doesnt look as nice as in the show, but I guess you cant get everything perfect. Shes a pretty cute doll. They should make the other Rozen Maidens, too.

20. I agree about the outfit, not the right velvet/velvetine :doh Shinku's personality reminds me of my Umeko's