1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks School Head C eye size?

Mar 30, 2006

1. Mega-bumping this for the eye question.

As stated above, School C's defaults are 18mm... but I can't seem to get ANYTHING to fit right. -_- Admittedly I only had four pairs of eyes hanging about at the time to try, but none of them really worked. Out of three pairs of 18mm acrylic/plastic eyes and one pair of 16mm glass eyes, ALL of them gapped. I might eventually bevel the eyewells out a bit more out of sheer irritation, but first, I'd like to see what others have tried. *deep breath*

So. For those of you with School Cs, what eyes have you tried that look good without gapping? I'd like brand/type and size, please. I'd really prefer info on 16mm eyes or 18mm eyes with smaller irises, since I find normal 18mm to be a tiny bit too big for my taste.

Please please???

2. I've had a few different varieties of eyes in my school C boy, though I think all of them gapped, to varying degrees... they were all 16mm. Volks 16mm HG eyes seem to work okay, as do the special eyes ginarolo sells. I also had a pair of souldoll eyes at one stage that fit... I have some 16mm gumdrops I've been meaning to test out too.

This isn't too helpful, I know. 83; I'll try and get some pictures of a few different pairs for you tomorrow, if I get the chance. I've been meaning to bevel my boy for ages now because the merry-go-round of eyes is much too frustrating ^^;.

3. The 18mm that my School C girl has in her, are from VeryBerry. and as far as I know, they have no big gaps. I will double check this though, and hopefully get back to you soon ^_^

4. My School C is on a SD10 boy body and fits perfectly. =3

[​IMG]

5. O___O Could you PLEASE try out the 16mm Gumdrops and tell me how they fit? And maybe post a picture? :sweat I'm probably/maybe going to buy a pair soon, and I'm not sure whether to get them in 16 or 18mm. I was actually thinking of posting another thread about it if nobody mentioned it here, but if you could do so instead I would offer you much love and e-cookies. :D

6. I am having a bit of trouble deciding what body is best for my incoming girl.
      I don;t like the SD10 bodies. I kinda lie the Swarriko and the SD13 girl body, but I am defenitely not sure about that. I like very much the SD16 girl body and Luts girl body. I have also heard that Luts has changed their resin colour again and that matches very well with volks. Does any one know anything about that?? I would have bought an SD16 body at once if I didn;t have second thoughts about where to buy clothes and shoes.

7. Luts has released three normal skin dolls in a new resin they call "Realskin" which is close to Volks normal in color, those dolls are Kid Delf Cherry Boy and the two Senior Delfs Abadon and Bliss. There are no girls in this new resin yet.

The regular normal skin the other Delfs are available in will not match. :(

It's also possible that Volks will release an SD17 girl this year to go with Reisner. If they do, they'll be making a lot more clothing in that size.

8. i am flying to texas JUST so i can steal Brice. I LOVE HER. my favorite school c EVER. she's the reason I want a school c girl SO BADLY!!!

9. Oh, and to update my first post in this thread, Grey is on an SD13 long leg boy body. I never did get around to modding his neck. His hair is always long and wild and he wears high collars so it's not noticeable that his neck is a bit too thick. I may still mod it in the future, but it's not urgent. And he's still wearing his 18mm Volks acrylics...all of my dolls are overdue for their proper eyes.

10. Thank you for the info. I am more interested in mature sculps rather than the more young look. I didn;t know that real skin was only availiable for these three dolls.

I am getting so anxious about this head. I have been wanting for so long! I am so afraid that it might get lost during shipping, or the yj seller doesn;t send it to crescent shop, or the head arrives and I don't like it. I am panicing actually:...( :? This would be my most expensive doll.

OT: Do you think I should start saving for this future SD17 girl ;)
      How many Dolpas take place evey year?? and usually when?

11. Alright, here are those 16mm gumdrops pictures! The fit is surprisingly alright. At least, it's slightly less gappy then the other eyes I've had in him. ^^; Though there are still slight gaps. I tried to capture them as best I could, sorry if it's still hard to tell! I hope this helps at least a little. :sweat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(The eye on the right is a better example here, since the other one has some putty showing.... >_>; )
      [​IMG]

They do pick up a lot of light, which is nice. It makes them appear better fitting, I think, because it makes it look like they are not quite as far back in the head. I am wondering what 14mm gumdrops would look like... I have a sneaking suspicion they might be too small? Could anyone check that out?

12. Thank you SO much!!!!! It's decided now, I'm going for the 16 mm ones. :D

...and OMFG ADORABLE.

13. Bumping to see if anyone has some 18mm Gumdrops and a School C to put them in.

Edit: Or 14mm. But mostly 18.

14. My Agatha wears 16mm Zouks...they fit perfectly, but her eyes have been slightly modded and I did do some rebeveling to ensure there wouldn't be any gaps.

15. here you have photos of sch. C on SD13 and DS 10 body :)
      she is wearing 16mm. eyes

[​IMG]

16. Hello.

The School head C is one of my favorite molds and all of your dolls are beautiful :) I plan on buying a school head C (Hopefully from a make-up class) and fitting it to a SD17 body.

However as nice as that would be it is in the far future and unlikely that I will have the chance to buy the head from a Volks Make-up Class. So, I was wondering if you guys could hook it up with the search term for Y!J for a school head C :)

Also, your opinions as to whether or not the SD17 body is a good fit, please.

17. To my knowledge, School C heads fit best on SD10/SD13 girls and SD10 boys. They also fit SD16 girl bodies quite well.

Though they tend to look a bit awkward on SD13 boys because of the thicker neck (it's been discussed here), so I'm not sure the fit would be so great on an SD17. It would probably require some modification of either the neck or the neck hole.

18. Here is the Y!J search I abused when I was trying to get a blank Sch C head.

Terms that work the best, as you can see, is: 教室 c (I add ヘッド just to be safe)

19. Thank you for the advice! I wasn't sure what kanji to use so I searched "volks head C" (in Japanese) a while back and didn't get anything.

In refrence to the SD17 body, I just think it's perfect :fangirl: I WISH my body looked that good.

So If it doesn't fit that's alright (it would be luxury to have my boy on a SD17), I really like way the SD10 body looked on page 1. My only problem is that it doesn't look like the SD10 body has a waist joint. That's a peeve of mine but I think I can get over it. I have a while to decide :)

20. There's many types of SD bodies. My boy is on the jointed SD body (you can see examples of it it here on Cassiel's FCS database). They come up less frequently on Y!J, but sometimes there is a ton. I adore this body, it's much easier to string then the normal solid body SD boy and gives just that little bit more range of movement in the body.