1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks SD girl Mika @___@

Aug 7, 2005

1. I saw an SD Mika on YJ on my heart is still making its way slowly back into my ribcage. XD
      I know she's a limited along with SD Ken but what else can any of you tell me about her, she's a real beauty.
      How hard is she to aquire?
      How much does she go for?
      She an old type right?
      Where can I sell my kidney? XD

And for SD Mika owners (if there are any) what do you like most about your girl?
      I think that's it =3

Oh wait I lied XD Someone tell me what the deal is with SD13 Nicolaus? He looks like Sylvie O__o

Okay okay that's it for now. =3

2. Though SD Ken/Mika are limited, there is a Sato exlusive head (F-18 ) that looks just like him/her! Unfortunatly, that's the extent of my knowledge on the subject. Wait 'till Valentine sees this - she'll know.

edit: for the attack of the random 8) emoticon

3. She is limited, she's fairly old and doesn't come up that often (although it's not unheard of to spot either a full Mika or a full Ken set kicking around once in a while), not sure how much she tends to go for, yes she is old skin, and I believe there's a shop down the street to the left that'll take that kidney off of your hands. Good luck if you decide to go for her!

4. She went to bed, I'm waiting on her to wake up XD

Noo! not the 8) emoticon @__@

Yay for the shop down the street XD I'm really thinking about her. I need more pictures though. Not just the official ones. =3

5. Yay for Shan's headmold page of amazingness! (I swear, I live off of her webpage :oops: ) Ken & Mika are down near the bottom, just past SD Nono :daisy

6. I was just looking at this. I have this page bookmarked XD
      Go Shan go! <3

7. Hey hey hey, even encyclopedias need some rest once in a while... XD

Mika/Ken are actually pureskin - they have the "old style" pureskin bodies with the squarish knees. Hard to believe Volks has been making pureskin dolls for so long. =@_@=

Also...there were some awesome comparison photos posted here a while back to show the differences between the Mika/Ken and F-18 head. Personally, while they do share many features, I think they're too different to recommend the F-18 as a definite replacement for a true Mika/Ken. =^^=;;

8. Question~~

I thought Mika was MSD but not SD? *confused* Or is there a SDKen and SDMika and MSDKen and MSDMika? :?

9. Both.

MSD Ken (limited release, oldskin)
      SD Ken (limited release, pureskin)
      MSD Ken (standard release, pureskin)

MSD Mika (limited release, oldskin)
      SD Mika (limited release, pureskin)
      MSD Mika (standard release, pureskin)

Listed in order of release... =^^=

It's kinda like how Volks does SD10 and SD13 versions of Megu/Nana/Sara/Kira, Nono, and Mimi, only starting from a younger age.

10. ::glomp:: Valentine you're so smart! :D

Those pictures are really good! I'm glad I like the FCS one more, easier to get. x3

11. *glomp back*

I'm just a geeeek. XD

12. I have an SD Mika. She's very cute. ^^ She's definately not at ALL the F-18, though. She's not that hard to get, either, unless you hate Y!J. There's one on eBay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Super-Do...ryZ84635QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

She wrote the name wrong in the title and description originally. XD

I love Mika, but she's not bonding with me yet. ^^; I think it's because she's mad that she is currently wigless. XD

13. Valentine I know I know ^^. F18 looks more like an older Hewitt O_o.. Not even Ken and Mika look alike much, there are some differences...
      And I'm a geek too! Welcome to the club, collect your t-shirt at the door.

Hieru They grow up fast dont they? XD

mortimer Isn't she nifty? ^^ (OT: Love your Anias 2 <3)

Shana-chan I don't hate YJ, I fear it. XD

I like Ken more. No, not the appliance people X3
      I was thinking of a Sylvie for the villian if I ever get a doll for her. But Ken is kinda pretty XD

And no one know anything about SD13 Nicolaus? @__@

14. Nicolaus? One-off sunlight SD13 boy, way before sunlight was available in FCS... Dolpa7/Sylvie head, SD13 boy body, H-02 hands, I think. Cute guy.

As far as I know, the Dolpa7 and Sylvie heads are the same...or at least, they look so similar that I've never been able to tell them apart. Obviously, the Dolpa7 head existed as an exclusive Dolpa limited head before Sylvie was released; she was probably given that head to "re-release" the head as an entire doll.

15. *hands you a cookie* you're a genius <3
      They need to make the head a FCS option now :|
      A Sylvie is a rare one...comes up once every four months or so.

16. Thankee!

*munches cookie*

Sylvie doesn't come up very often, but she also doesn't go for skyrocketed prices (like some other limiteds that will remain nameless) when she does appear. It's curious; her headmold doesn't seem all that popular. I've seen some really gorgeous customs, though, including more SD13 boys...

I might just be biased. =^.^=;;;

17. The character Livinia is cold and calculating. Looks beautiful and innocent. That's why Ken/Mika's eyes were so lovely to me. I like Sylvie's headmold. I'd make her lips bigger if she was to become livinia however. =3

18. I have SD Mika and I have to agree that Mika is not the same as the F18. I love my precious girl. Absolutely adore her! I hope you find one. She's just beautiful. I purchased my SD Mika as just a head then got a pureskin body for her--they seem to match perfectly.

Jay

19. val to the rescue ? *laughs*

here is my tuppence (sterling still best exchange rate XD)

How hard is she to aquire?
      - she pops up in a sporadic frequent way as in sometimes there are none and at times there are three XD~ 2~3 months back there were about 4 SD Mikas and 3 SD Kens on YJA. I know there were a few on ebay too ~

How much does she go for?
      - On a rough estimate, Ken goes for about 70k ~ 90k yen for Mika she goes a little higher at about 80k~98k yen give or take if full set with extras etc (y'know...)
      Head only wise somewhere around 25k~33k+ yen depending on faceup etc ~ possibly more... but I haven't seen a lot of custom Ken/Mikas unless you count way back when they were released. Their outfits though, pops up more frequently ^^

She an old type right?
      - She's one of the first few Pure Skin models but with the old "_n_" knees XD~

Where can I sell my kidney? XD
      - I think you can donate it to the nearest hospital XD~

Hope that helps ~
      She's a real cutie ^^
      If you need any pics of her, I could PM you with a zip file...
      (of about 400+ ? more if you want Ken too XD)

20. Thanks for the info Jay. <33 Do you have pictures of her? ^^

Yes! <333 Super Val! XD~
      She has the weird knees thing? >_<'' Maybe I could just get the head?
      donate means i don't get any money XD
      I'll be bothering you about pictures momentarily >_>