1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks SD Owner Cards

Apr 20, 2006

1. I ordered stuff from Volks, but never got a card or anything. I emailed asking them about it and they told me the following:

2. Follow up, since my email got a bit more info:

Basically, if you registered w/ a pre purchased doll (not bought at Volks USA) it doesn't seem like that qualifies for a membership. My Sonya (Kurenai) did not warrant a membership, but Jarek (Piccolo) did.

3. So it's the dolls bought through Volks USA that can be registered, right?

4. No, actually the registration on Volks website is for any Volks dolls bought anywhere (it says so on the registration page).
      The Volks US card is for that store only and keeps track of purchases. It is totally different from the registration card which is through volks english/japanese site www.volks.co.jp

5. That kinda stinks since they said they'd send a card when you registered your doll.

If you say you're going to do something, do it.

I better email them about my Anne then... since I never got a card either.

6. I bought pattern books through Volks and they sent me a card, so this may be true.

7. Ok. The registration is open to any doll. As I said, I registered Sonya.

Volks has 2 basic types of cards.
      One is a purchase card, just showing you've bought from them. Anyone walking into the Volks store/buying from Volks gets it.

The other is a membership card. It has a unique design, an annual fee, and (in Japan, unsure in NA yet) gets you lots of perks.

From the emails, I deduct that to get the membership card, you must purchase a doll from the Volks USA store (or one of the Japan stores / Japanese site), as the international website does not count.

8. My dolls are in their database, I've bought from Volks USA three times, and still no card! :...(

9. Fyredancer, they haven't gotten the 2006 cards in yet, so I think a LOT of people will see they get cards suddenly in the mail.

In my case, I hadn't registered Piccolo yet, who was the one who qualified me w/ a membership. Don't lose hope!

OH, and while Piccolo was the only VolksUSA purchase, I didn't get a purchase card either. Not sure if that's more for general merchandise.

11. It annoys me a bit too because I also registered in the database and they said I would get a membership card. I haven't bought a doll from VolksUSA and don't plan on buying any dolls at Volks USA anytime soon but I don't want to get excluded from future Volks events.

12. Hmm, I wonder then if I'll get a card since zalem purchased the doll for me from VolksUSA and I paid her...or maybe zalem will just get two! :lol:

I also registered my doll a while back, but it looks like they haven't updated the database in a loooong time. (Since February?) I hope they do soon, especially since they've kept registration open all this time

13. I purchased my Megu from their international site, so it seems that I don't get included. That sucks, because I'm registered on their database and there were no exclusions listed about the card when I registered.

I don't plan on purchasing a doll from the USA site, but maybe I'll have to. That kinda sucks to be excluded for no apparent reason.

14. I registered in the database the first time around.

(Even though Satoru is completely second hand. ^^;;; )

. . . hee, I'll have to watch my mail and see what happens?

15. Okay, so I'm a bit confused on this. I was one of the first people to register a doll with Volks for their US Owners Club thing - though I've only bothered with one of my dolls.

I've never gotten the member card they talked about, though. Is it just me, or has no-one gotten them? Or some, but not others?

I've got a card from them, which was given to me at the LA Opening when I bought my Rengemaru, and they said something about it but the place was pretty hectic and I couldn't hear them. Is that the membership card?

Does anyone know if they've actually gotten around to charging the $10 membership dues they mentioned back when they were first setting it up? And if so, how we're supposed to pay them? 0.o

**shrugs** I'm just perplexed about it. Want to make sure I'm not missing something important.

Also haven't slept in over 34 hours, so I apologize if this seems incoherent. I'll go pass out now.

16. When I ordered Roo, they told me they'd mail my card within a few weeks, and that they just didn't have them in at the time XD As far as I know, one hasn't come in at home (I think my mother would have mentioned it)

17. Last I heard, they ran out of cards. My F-15 is registered on the site and I have since bought my Kohya from them and still do not have a card.

18. I was in the very first registration for the SD owners list and never received the card that they mention. Also have not received any card from the Volks USA site. I'm curious as to whether the card from the SD owners list is different from the card you receive from Volks USA.

19. They are waiting for the new cards to print, and the first year is free. I assume we'll get info on paying the annual fee when it comes up.

20. I registered a doll or two in the second round (back in October?) and haven't received a card either. I just have the one I got at the Volks USA opening. But I didn't actually buy an SD at the opening, just a ton of SD stuff, so I'm not sure if the cards they were giving out were owners cards. :? Or maybe they just figured if I was buying all that SD stuff than I had an SD . . . lol.