1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks SD17 boys- what are you hoping for?

Jun 12, 2009

1. More beautiful head sculpts. Maybe two, a nice modern street style boy and an elf as suggested above would be really nice. Also that they offer the body for FCS. Then I can finally order my F36 boy :)

2. I would love to see a SD17 boy in white skintone:) As for head molds-- personally I prefer the recent more realistic sculpts like Alain, Genji, Ryoya over Reisner... Volks boys get more and more handsome ;)

3. I will love too a white skintone SD 17 and even i like Reisner i love more the realistic look on sculpts like Alain and Hikaru Genji.

4. While I didn't think I liked Reisner, after seeing him in person I can really see his charm! I love my Genji, but I also have a thing for more stylized dolls as well. I'd actually really like a more stylized SD17 next, maybe like Tsukasa~ I like the boyish look as well.

5. Oh gosh, *if* Volks releases an SD17 version of Tsukasa like they had on display at the last Dolpa, that would be my ultimate undoing! :...( Holy crap, that is perfection right there. *fans herself*
      I would also be delighted to see the SD17 body appear as an option for FCS. I'd trade my Maki and F31's SD13 bodies for taller, smexier ones in a heartbeat. :aheartbea
      -V

6. Has anyone seen comparison shots of an SD17 next to the new Graffiti body yet? I'm wondering what the visual size difference is between them.

I keep thinking of SD17 releases in terms of which story the next one should come from. The Reisners are both from the Oath of the Silver Coin series, Alain is from the Journey to Endless Nights series and Genji is from the Echoes of a Beautiful Banquet series. I think they need some SD17s in their Tokyo Boys or Harajuku stories.

7. SD 17 in the Tokyo boys or Harajuku stories will be very interesting. I will never mind if one of the next SD 17 boys is Kurt in human form (i know i am dreaming but we always have our rights to do so)

Let see if the next Tokyo cruise or next Dolpa will bring us the new SD 17 boy. Only time will tell.

8. I love love love Reisner. :aheartbea
      He is definitely my dream doll.

But I wish that volks will release SD17 body in other skintone like white skin or sunlight skin.
      Maybe one of the boy (new or old mold) from Oath of Silver Coin story with sunlight skin. :XD:

9. I agree Koyuki! I adore Reisner too! He's the only one of the Volks larger boys that I would be interested in having!!

10. Volks wants to punish us with this @_@ they keep us waiting and this is my big goal this year in the bjd world to reach the new SD 17 boy they make!!!!!

11. So Williams is the new SD 17 Boy at the Nagoya cruise. One thing, he is very beautiful and no one can change that, but i was hoping for some new fresh meat. In my honest opinion i must say that i hope to see new ones for the end of this year.

Williams is awesome and i am very sure that in person he will be more beautiful.

http://nae-chan-in-psycholand.blogspot.com/2009/07/kobe-cruise-et-dollpa-nagoya.html

Credit to Megu-Chan and the original info can be found here http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307701&page=11

12. Wahhhhhhhh! I love Williams! I guess i'll be looking on YJ for him after the cruise! :)

13. That will be a great idea. Even i have the money right now i will let him pass since i just need a little more for one of my dream dolls. I wish you good luck in getting him for the best price and not an over expensive seller.

14. It's still exciting to see Williams released as an SD17! He's only been an SD13 boy in the past and all of us SD17 Williams owners had to track down the head and body separately to make them.

So roughly $1770.00 for the Kobe Cruise SD17 Williams plus about $160.00 to go to the event for a total of $1930.

To put my guy together I had to buy a fullset Alain for about $1300.00 and then paid about $650 for a Williams head for a total of $1950.

And with the price of the new SD17 Williams you also get his cool outfit with the extra hand and gun. He may end up being difficult to get but this is a great opportunity for people who've wanted an SD17 Williams. :)

15. I know his price is going to be astronomical on the secondhand market, but I'm determined to get this version of Williams. :D

16. It is so obvious that a lot of Williams fans are waiting for him to be in SD 17. I have pass the link to 3 Williams fans who can't wait to put their hands on him. I have always love his outfits but i have never been into him so i pass him to the ones who want him.

Right now having over $2000 to spend freely, i am thinking to get a Luna and a standard SD which i always miss to have another one.

*Sara*
      Go for him because just like you say, he will get real high when he gets in the second market :)

17. SD17 sunlight and ebony skinned pirates.... mmmmnn... and I third the elves idea, too.

18. Your idea is completely innovative! If Volks takes your ideas seriously, they will be making a lot more $$$$ and more fans. I will definitely go for the ebony skin pirates even they are SD17 or SD16!