1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks standard release of SD Boy Mark & SD13 Girl Elena

Jun 23, 2007

1. I thought of that too. Which will probably be better on my wallet.

I am going to wait for some owner pics, since her eyes might be a little droopy for me.

2. Elena looks like a grown up MSD Margaret/SDC Kurenai....would like to see more face ups before I decide.
      Mark is rather cute! Glad that they're FINALLY releasing SD boy!

3. thats what i was thinking as well :3

4. Elena is so beautiful! She reminds me of F-34 a bit XD
      I can't wait to see more pictures!

5. Man.. I love them both! I think there's a good chance I'll be saving for Mark in the near future! I hope it won't be too long till they're released! I want to see owner pictures!!

6. I love to get Mark too. Is July 14th the date of release for the new LE standards or is it the released date for the FCS heads or both?

~Briar

7. You and me both! I needed an SD 10 boy body about a month ago and finally found one.

8. I am really impressed with Volks new standards. Both a very much in the Volks style, and yet different.

And standards. Lets not forget about that! So cool!!

I can't wait for them to be released and we get to see some owner pictures. These are great.

9. July 14th is the day of the "SD Fair". So they're sort of celebrating and a lot is going to happen on that day. :) Actually, the "Fair" goes for 3 days!
      It says that they will be selling the LE versions of Mark and Elena on that day and, in addition, taking orders for the standard versions. So I guess that the standard versions will be made-to-order and delivered later, and that it'll still be a little while before they're on the shelf and easy to get like the other standards.
      But the important part is that they are standards so we'll always be able to buy them at any time, even if there's a bit of a wait between ordering and receiving. Yay! :D
      Also the FCS additions to Sumika will be made on that day, and the optional parts will start being available for sale as well.
      The "Dress Fair" (ie all the new outfits) will be some time in July but the date for that wasn't announced. Only the new dolls/new FCS options/optional parts.

Hope that helps. :)

10. Thank You Cassielthats been very helpful. It sounds like it would be fun to go to the fair.

~Briar

11. New standards . . . from Volks? *dies of a heart attack*

Both dolls are gorgeous! I tend to prefer more stylized molds but these two seem to have a good balance of realistic and stylized/cute features. :) Standard Elena is particularly pretty, but I think I am safe from her. Mark, on the other hand . . . yikes. Is Volks reading my mind or something? I've been toying with the idea of getting a certain pair of characters, but I couldn't find a headmold for the one I'd wanted to be an SD10 boy so I put that idea on the backburner. But Mark might be just right! It'll probably be a good six months before they're readily available though, so I'll have plenty of time to think about it. :lol:

Hikaru-han ~ wow, thanks for sharing your mock-ups! :D I hate it when new dolls are released and they have bright/bold lips, its so hard to imagine what they'd look like with natural colored make-up.

Ria_ria and Cassiel, the info and pics are VERY appreciated, what would we do without you two? ;)

12. So, will there be no way to get the limited editions on that day if we don't go to the fair? Are they going to sell them online as well, or am I just going to have to wait until the standard editions are available online?

13. I was thinking the Exact same thing when I saw Mark!!!! That kitty boy really stole my heart at the tea, along with the Kimono Model Amelia, but that's another story:sweat He was SoOoO Ubberly Gorgeous:love.... I am very pleased with these two. They are SoOoO beautiful. Elena is Lovely, finally more SD13 girls will be made available:fangirl:.... Thank you Ria_Ria for this Awesome anouncement and Cassiel for all the additional pictures and awesome info;)
      ~Anthony

14. Whoa. The instant I saw Mark he reminded me of an idea I had a long time ago...

Good thing they are standards.

15. Love Mark. She is pretty too, but he could be the girly boy I've been waiting for!

16. So true, and I think that's what makes the two dolls so appealing ^^

I want both.

17. I'm not in the market for a standard, but I love Elena's wig, which is sort of prim but playful with the two long tendrils of hair coming down out of the buns(?). And the outfits strike a good balance between simple shapes and interesting details, like the ruffles at the bottoms of the shirts. Nice, Volks!

18. OMG NOOOO DX

I don't need another SD10 boy...*cries in the Though it is about time they made one. X3

19. Elena is actually the perfect SD13 girl I've been waiting for. She's so beautiful! I'm sure she'll be a standard on the VolksUSA site within a year and since she's a standard I can save for a really long time and not have to angst over her availability. That makes me so happy! She may end up being my first Volks standard!

20. Me gawd I so don't have enough money for this =_=....but I am happy they are gonna be standards XD!!!! Thanks for sharing this news ria_ria!!