1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Standards SD13 girl Rinon and SD boy Kanata

Sep 14, 2009

1. Rinon is gorgeous. While I don't dislike Volks, I usually prefer a more realistic style, and there are only a few of their dolls that I really love and she's made her way onto the list.^^

Can't wait to see some user pictures of her!

2. I absolutely LOVE kanata :) he's going to be the brother to my f01 girl. Darn you volks ><

3. Oh I'm so excited about this latest release of standards! I've been on the lookout for the 'perfect' Volks to be my first SD-sized doll, and had thought that I had perhaps found her in Elena. But I think that Rinon is absolutely perfect! Not too grown-up looking or too child-like.... but the perfect balance of in-between. And I agree with those who liken her to SD16 Pearl and Yo-SD Remi :)

Her pigtails wig is nice, too. The only thing I wish were different is her lip shade - I'm not a fan of the solid pink (that can be seen close-up here: http://www.superdollfie.net/archive/sd13/rinon/rinon.html). I like it when the lips are painted without a heavy edge, when they have a hint of color and then are glossed are best. But I guess I could remove the paint and redo it the way I want... I just like my dolls keeping their original faceups usually. But still! Love that she's going to be a standard, so I will actually have a chance at getting her when it's a good time financially for me ;)

4. Rinon is a lovely face sculpt. She strikes me as being a bit like a medieval princess...calm and otherworldly (probably the real ones had roasted pig dribbling down their chins though).

I just wish the larger girls had smaller busts. I hate big boobs and the thought of sanding down so much resin is depressing.

5. I really like Rinon - I think she'll be great for period costumes! I can't wait til she's available!

6. I totally want Kanata. He's kicked Tsukasa off the list he's that perfect.

Now the only problem is, do I get him sooner or wait for his head to go FCS and get him in sunlight later....

decisions, decisions :bcupcake

7. They're both very cute - easily the cutest of the Volks Standards. They look like brother and sister.

Edit: I do see the Kanata-Tsukasa resemblance a little... would be interesting if someone had both and made them brothers.

8. I think I want Kanata, but I want him as a girl (I agree with Idrisfynn that there's somethign Tsukasa-y about him)... I don't know if it will happen, but he's definitely on my list as a possibility. Rinon looks like a skinny Syo to me. Both of these standards are great!

9. I definitely want Kanata. I was very surprised seeing him as I normally don't fall in love with Volks dolls. ((Save for YO-SD Kuuta)) He's just so adorable. I love his lips and nose. ((As well as that wig!)) Ahh, Kanata..I really want him *pout* I guess it's time to say goodbye to some of my members...

10. Rinon is really cute for being so young looking. I'm still a fan of the older dolls myself though.

11. I absolutely adore Rinon! Uh oh, I'm starting to get that old feeling....like maybe my resin family needs a new sister?

Rinon's sculpt reminds me of all the best of the old F08, the F34, and a touch of Kun thrown in. Absolutely love her!

Jay

12. I adore them both! But how hard will they be to get? When will Volks USA get them and can you buy them online?

13. Is it just me, or does Rinon look like Elena? @.@

I may actually try to get her for Christmas... She's very pretty.

14. As a testament to how out-of-date I am with Volks dolls, my first thought on Rinon was 'She looks kinda like Anais'.

Kanata gives me generic Mikey-designed doll vibes. None of them ping specifically, but yeah, he's in that family so it'll be the same sculptor as most of them. Perhaps he vaguely reminds me of a larger Arashi.

I really wish he were SD13 though. I've got to admit that I really don't like the SD boy body. And being SD initially he'd probably not port that well to a SD13 body. Ah well, at least I don't need him, at least not with this faceup.

15. You know, I thought of you when I saw these guys! There's something about them that reminds me of your style. :pcupcake

16. Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. XD

Definitely pining for Kanata. I've had a character I needed a doll scuplt for, but could never find one close enough, then this boy came out and he's exactly what I've been wishing for! Poor thing will have his manliness switched rather fast as my character is a girl. :lol:

I'm very impressed that Volks released such stunning sculpts as standards.

17. Kanata! :D

I will be Totally bringing him home as soon as I can. He's perfect for replaceing the Micheal-headmold that I've been having problems with.

However, I would like him shorter then the average SD10 boy, I can swtich out his limbs for SD10 girl's later.

So cute, adorable and michivous.....

18. I'd like him taller. Can a SD10 head go on a SD13 boy body?

19. I love them both and concur with idrisfynn that these may be the best standards we have seen from Volks. Kanata is delightful, and Rinon in particular rings all my bells (I loved Pearl, too, but Rinon would actually fit better into my dollie world...). I see she was designed by Valico. (Figures!)

An incredibly sensitive pair of sculpts.

20. I second this. I find most standard dolls in Volks promo pictures a bit bland and I usually need non-default face-up owner pictures to see the potential of a mold, but I like the direction Volks is taking.