1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Super Dollfie - SD, SD13, SD16, SD17, SDGr, SDGou & FCS - XXXII

Jan 9, 2022

1. Thank you everyone <3 I'd got her here on DoA MP :chomp: hehe..

And I have a question about Nana SwD, has she ever been released without a headplate? I mean in an old sculpt before headplate system applied. About this I refer this site Nana Sweet Dream (SD)* also I have searched the sold dolls archive on DoA, but I am not sure...

*NOT sleeping one (F-03 nor F-05)

#541 nemurenu, May 16, 2022
      Last edited: May 17, 2022
    2. The original sleeping four sisters sculpt was part of the old Full Choice system. It's known as the old F05 or F03. The eyes are fully closed but often were modded open. This sculpt did pre-date headplates! The number should still be carved into the back of the head, right along the line of the head cap.

3. I am not completely sure, but i think not, the website where tenshi no kichi got it's photo's from ( angelden.net which was the go to website for all new and old releases in ye olde days ) doesn't list any earlier models than the 2003 one and the headcap on the 2003 one looks different from my dolls headcap which is the earlier open eyed version without headplate. ( those headcaps are rough or sharp on the edges not rounded like the ones on the 2003 version) there was however the closed eye 05/ later 03, and she was sold out of the pre fcs system ( where you could buy all parts separatie from eachother in loose boxes) and could have been modded to resemble a sweet dream Nana.

4. Sorry to randomly jump in does anyone here have an adaptation model?
      I've just received one via a proxy and the head and body don't match colourwise at all. The head is a fairly recent number but the body has single jointed elbows.
      I'm a little troubled.

5. I don't have one but I'm not surprised as these are reconditioned, used dolls that people have turned into Volks. I know Volks does a full maintenance on the them but there is probably only so much they can do if they are severely yellowed. It's even possible that the original owner bought it used or even mismatched bodies or from smoking homes when they sent it to Volks. Volks probably would not try to rematch a different body and head.

6. Agree. I guess the only thing is whether the proxy noticed the colour difference if it's severe and if so, maybe the proxy should've let you know there's a noticeable mismatching color before you confirm on buying? Not sure exactly how that process goes. The body type probably just what the originally owner send back to volks with.

7. Recently, I saw a Black Jack head as an adaptation model and he was on the SDGr body so I'm thinking that's probably what the owner sent him back on. Super handsome and I think he was a big hit! Peeling can only remove so much yellowing, usually just the top layer. I don't know if Volks has a disclaimer or not about the adaptation models, but I would think the dolls would have more "imperfections" since they are previously used and usually are older and sometimes discontinued models.

8. Thanks for your thoughts @pris84 @yin801122 and @seraphicdolls

I guess I'm just disappointed. I wouldn't have expected Volks to want to sell her in this condition.
      There's no way I can keep her on this body. .
      So I guess I just bought a really expensive second hand head :(

9. Sorry to hear about your experience! I hope you’re able to get a body sorted out.

I don’t know much about the adaptation models but in my mind, the configuration that Volks get them back in is the way they go back into the world. I’m assuming that’s probably one of the reasons they encourage people to get them in person rather than via proxy.

10. I'm sorry to hear that @eland. Which one did you end up getting? I hope you'll be able to find her a better matching body.

As for the Black Jack adaption model, his match is so off that he appears to be a WS head on a NS SDGrB body. Here's a photo from his new owner that shows the difference really well. It's pretty jarring if you ask me. The rest I see while looking around seem to be close or matching, but I guess this sort of thing is something is best to decide on in person with the doll in front of you for these prices.

11. @nyaaain I got an absolutely endearing F86. She'll end up stealing a body from someone here when I find the time to do some downsizing.
      That Black Jack is certainly an "imperfect" match :aeyepop:

Yeah, with the benefit of hindsight, knowing what the definition of "imperfection" extends to... no I probably wouldn't buy one without seeing it in person :sweat

12. I guess with price that previous owner is paying volks, we were expecting a better re-condition done on these adoption model dolls...:sweat But yea, I always feel like that adoption send back and selling process is questionable...

13. EDIT: Nvm! Just found more info from the thread :doh
      Does anyone know if Max and Regulus are the same sculpt, just in different skin color? :aeyepop:

14. I'm about 99.9% sure they're the same sculpt in different tones. I believe their bio/description made mention of "the one who shares my face".

15. Thank you for responding @DemonMiko ! I did a little more digging on this thread and found that they are indeed the same sculpt. :lol: These can be tricky sometimes!

16. It's hard when the sculpts look so different with a different faceup and in different tones.

17. Does anyone happen to know if I need some kind of special membership to enter for Volks Michele on the International lotto? I feel like this has come up before and I keep forgetting about it, so apologies :doh

18. @pris84 Yeah, I'm not sure! I have a normal account, but it seems to have separate log ins/categories for different types of accounts, but GL isn't mentioned? So it's a bit confusing! Thank you :)

19. @bronzephoenix Volks wouldn't be Volks if it wasn't a bit confusing, eh? :sweat Best to email and ask.